VOIP TeamSpeak/TS Overlay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOIP TeamSpeak/TS Overlay

Ok, I finnaly got TeamSpeak, TS Overlay, and ArmA to work together last night. It worked like it was supposed to, sorta. When I had it (TS Overlay) running my frame rates dropped from and average of 90 to under 10 FPS. Once I turned it back off, my FPS went right back up. Anybody else have issues using TS Overlay like that?
    Is there an alternative that somebody has gotten to work where using TeamSpeak I can see who is talking in game without using the in game VOIP?
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: VOIP TeamSpaeak/TS Overlay

There is a similar program called VoiceOverlay.
    Haven't tried it with ArmA yet though.

Comment

I've noticed this as well, but I don't think the framerates actually drop. I think TSoverlay is not measuring the fps correctly.

Comment

I'm using VoiceOverlay ST!NG mentioned above, and it doesn't seem to cause any FPS drop.
        The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

Re: VOIP TeamSpeak/TS Overlay

I've used TS overlay before with the same awful results. I'll have to give voiceoverlay a try but I've been practicing remembering voices anyhow
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I used TSO yesterday while playing ArmA on my marginal system. It didn't have any noticeable affect on frame rates. Check that you don't have the Alternate Direct X option enabled, which makes it more compatible with BF2 and some other games.

If you don't have it enabled, and it still doesn't work right, try enabling the alternate Direct X option...it may work better, or cause spontaneous melting in your CPU core.
            |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

If you are willing to shell out more $$ for your computer.
              Try getting a Logitech G15 keyboard. It has a LCS screen and there is a plugin that gets the information from TS.

Comment

Originally posted by houdini View Post
                I used TSO yesterday while playing ArmA on my marginal system. It didn't have any noticeable affect on frame rates. Check that you don't have the Alternate Direct X option enabled, which makes it more compatible with BF2 and some other games.

If you don't have it enabled, and it still doesn't work right, try enabling the alternate Direct X option...it may work better, or cause spontaneous melting in your CPU core.
                I gave your suggestion a go Houdini (Alt Direct X Option checked/unchecked)
                Unfortunately, no change:

Have used TS Overlay, and Voice Overlay. And at least for me (Intel 3.6Ghz/X800XT/2Gb Mem/5 HDD Raid Array) ArmA starts to stutter like hell when either program is running. The slow down is noticeable straight away. The menu screen animations almost slow to a crawl.

Alt-Tab out of the game, and terminate either Voice Overlay or the Team Speak Overlay Progarm. Then Alt-Tabbing back in to the game - ArmA's menu screen (and subsequently the game) is playing like it should - smooth, with no noticeable drop in frame rate (jerky play back).

The closest my search has got me (to try and erradicate this problem) is a thread over at the Voice Overlay Forum, when a WoW player had a similar snag. However, apart from the fact the thread is over 3 years old, like most snags that have since been resolved. The original poster never came back to say whether his particular problem got "fixed" or not.

For me sadly, neither of these apps work.
                sigpic
                | |
                TG ArmA Pathfinder
                One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

I have got a similar Application to “Teamspeak Voice Overlay” and “Voice Overlay” to work with ArmA without any noticeable drop in frame rate. The App is called “TSDisp”. TSDisp is pretty basic, but functional. It displays the speaker, and channel if required.

Until a “fix” for TSOL or Voice Overlay comes out, this is my compromise. At least I can see who is transmitting in the Teamspeak channel now without it impacting the game.

For some reason, I couldn’t get this Application to display over the game window when I started the game normally. Instead, I have to run ArmA in its own Window. (Done via the ArmA Launcher v1.1 – link below).

Instructions as follows:

1. Have a read about TSDisp, and download: Here
                  2. Install ArmA Launcher v1.1 (this is an easy way of running ArmA windowed, as it is selectable from the Options Menu). Download: Here
                  3. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\ArmA and make a backup of the ArmA.cfg file, and save it somewhere safe (just in case).
                  4. Once that’s done. Open the ArmA.cfg file in Notepad, and adjust the following settings (I use a Wide screen Monitor so my settings might not be good for your set up. You might have to play about with the settings to get the game window to your liking). If running a 4:3 monitor, you might not have to change anything - bonus!
                  5. winX=0;
                  6. winY=30;
                  7. winW=1500;
                  8. winH=890;
                  9. winDefW=1280;
                  10. winDefH=960;
                  11. This puts the game window across my monitor screen, with a couple of millimetre gaps at the top and bottom .
                  12. Finally to get the Taskbar out of the way (if desired): Right Click the Taskbar > Select Properties > and tick Auto Hide the Taskbar

TSDisp displays the speaker now, without a drop in FPS (which was happening in TS Overlay, and Voice Overlay - for me).

This solution might not be everybody’s cup of tea. But for me at least, it works in the interim. If it helps a fellow TG’r out, then so much the better.
                  sigpic
                  | |
                  TG ArmA Pathfinder

Comment

For what it's worth, I did a bit more research and found out:

TSDisp does not display on top of DirectX fullscreen mode applications (just so happens ArmA is one of these). The work around is to simply run the game in windowed mode.

Works great for me.
                    sigpic
                    | |
                    TG ArmA Pathfinder

Comment

Nice find Buccaneer!!

Chappie

Comment

This works for me too. A thousand thanks for the link. Spot on!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X