This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coop Seagull Etiquette

I know this is a subjective query, but here goes!

When in coop and happily flying around as a Gull, is it seen as interference or help to spot for enemies when a gull?

If asked I will gladly "bounce" above the location of troops.

This usually happens at near the end of a session once most players are dead.

I rarely play CTF or the other modes (as I only have demo, till i recieve me cd key) and I assume Gulls arent available in those modes due to cheating posibilities.

So Is this good manners, in your humble opinion, or am I being an interfering old biddy?

Also, when in chat as a Gull, do players mind the gulls squaking to each other while we wait for the session to end? Or should a Gull only Channel be defaulted.

Yours questioningly

LoK
    Arrakis - Dune - A Filmbook

Re: Coop Seagull Etiquette

We have a SOP posted here that addresses the concept of dead-men-talking. The gulls should respect the remaining players by avoiding using any communication channels that would distract the in-game players.

The seagull spotting itself is a slightly different situation. I personally don't want seagull's spotting for me (where is the fun in that), but if ALL of those left alive wanted a little assist and asked for it then I don't see a problem in that. I hate those missions when you have killed 30 enemies and the mission won't end until the last 1 or 2 enemies are found. In those cases, a gull spotting and hovering isn't such a bad thing to me.

Comment

Yup I agree, also just spotted the SOP section about 10 seconds after posting thyis, so if any admin wants to delete this post.... be my Guest :)

Rgds

LoK
      Arrakis - Dune - A Filmbook

Comment

I know people just want to be helpful to their fellow gamers but I've never understood why you'd want to know where the enemy is - surely that's the fun isn't it - hunting them down and taking them out, never quite sure of where they are...;)

But as stated - when there's one bad guy left, let the seagull pooping begin! :)
        Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X