FOV - let it grow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOV - let it grow

Pcformat has tested triple monitor setup with Armed Assault. Makes me wish I had a rich uncle in America!

--
    VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Re: FOV - let it grow

holy crap!

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
      holy crap!
      I second the motion!

When I saw that option in the video settings I was wondering if it worked.

Now I know!

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

not fair...

Comment

Okay kind of off topic but kind of on. How do i get a panoramic Screenshot to cascade across 2 monitors like that. I have plenty of awesome ss but i cant use them because most are Panoramic.

And those pics really make me want to go download the game.
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

I assume this isn't disabled in MP. Seems like it would give players a huge advantage to be able to see so much more at once.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtDuke View Post
              I assume this isn't disabled in MP. Seems like it would give players a huge advantage to be able to see so much more at once.
              I dont see why they would.. Its not an unfair advantage.. TrackIR users have an advantage in SA as well.
              TG Regular
              TGU Staff
              ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
              Evil Koala
              LeftSkidLow

Comment

Everyone with a widescreen monitor has a similar advantage. People running at 800x600 have a disadvantage...
                A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

You cannot worry about which pieces of hardware gives players advantages. Bigger monitors, more monitors, faster CPUs more RAM, keyboards with keypress sequence support are all elements which affects gameplay. Theese things simply cannot be controlled, and it drives the game development industry to utilize this new hardware which again improves gameplay.
                  --

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
                    Okay kind of off topic but kind of on. How do i get a panoramic Screenshot to cascade across 2 monitors like that. I have plenty of awesome ss but i cant use them because most are Panoramic.
                    I am unsure if I understand your question. Triplehead2Go makes it so that three monitors acts as one. That is your desktop spans through the monitors instead of being 3 separately controlled monitors. The Triplehead2Go splits the signal so that the 1/3 of each vertically splitted images gets placed on the right monitor.
                    --

Comment

I was only kidding with my "not fair" comment. I recognize that people with different hardware/network access are already at an advantage/disadvantage situation (just ask Bommando about his ping).

That being said, I do think this is a new area of disparity and it does really impact the gameplay since spotting first == killing first most of the time in ArmA. Having a dual or triple monitor setup seems an order of magnitude more significant then the difference between a 50 and 200 ping or 800 x 600 and 1600 x 1200.

Comment

How about 2560x1600 or the less exotic 1920x1200? Every increase in resoluction nets an advantage.

However, I recall turning my resolution down for CS:S - it made my targets look bigger and headshots easier.

I personally look at all of thise super wide monitor business as just another example of early adopters getting the sweet stuff first. Just like how some people had ISDN connections in the days of dial-up, so do these folks have widescreen in the days of the skinny screen.
                        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
                          Every increase in resoluction nets an advantage.

However, I recall turning my resolution down for CS:S - it made my targets look bigger and headshots easier.
                          Your experience is the more correct of those two statements. Obviously, an expansion in actual in-game FOV is a significant advantage, but increases in resolution and other details are more often than not a disadvantage. More pixels means that targets are more smoothly blended into their environments. It means your eyes have to scan finer points for movement. Higher quality textures are generally the same. A bigger monitor expands the width and height your real-life eyes have to focus on, while a smaller monitor allows you to focus on a more compact area.

Still, I say enjoy it as pretty as it can be.
                          [volun]

Comment

Here is some footage.

Not the greatest presentation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxwF3e4wjHM
                            (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                            (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                            (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                            Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                            Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

I just got the TripleHead to go at work. Nice gadget!

Haven't tried it for AA yet.
                              --

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse