CTI performance question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTI performance question.

When I join CTI on a demo server, I get huge lag, but I don't know if it is the server lacking cpu power / bandwith. When I create a CTI game in sp I also get huge lag, but this is probably largely due to my poor 2 ghz cpu and the AI path finding it has do do 'n stuff. If I can't play CTI or any big games, I wouldn't be able to play a lot on TG so I wouldn't buy the game.

My question is whether it is likely/possible in your opinion that I could play these games decently. I can play the demo coop/ctf with little or no lag with low settings.

P4 2 ghz, ati radeon 9800 pro with I believe 128mb, 1gb ddr sdram.

Re: CTI performance question.

It isn’t you. It is the demo. This is a known problem which I believe BIS is working on. The problem is that the demo does not have a dedicated server component to it. SO it has to run like the normal game would. If you are playing on a "dedicated server" it has to use the video cards on the box which typically suck if they are existent at all. For the most part you are trying to load the southern island of Sahrani on someone’s machine who set it up for people to join. This is even worse because the server has to upload a bunch of information which is never good, especially those on a Cable connection.

I bet that if you play it via the lan you will not experience any issues.

I would hold out for BIS or release either a dedicated server file for the demo or a more streamlined netcode.

Comment

Uh they did release a dedicated server for the Demo but CTI crashes the server :(
      Retired 6th DB

Comment

Whoops, just noticed that lol.

Comment

Looks like it was fixed in the Deom release that was released today:
          Edit: Since I dont have 15 posts I Cant post the URL but look in the Multiplayer ArmA section of the BIS forums.

Comment

ftp://www.flashpoint1985.com/ArmA/De...mo103_5114.zip

Comment

This is the topic.
              http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...;t=56170;&#top

Comment

I assume TG plans on moving to this build of the Demo?
                Retired 6th DB

Comment

Awesome! I've tried hosting a game myself with the new exe and the game runs at least twice at fast! I can actually keep the chopper up now! Looking forward to trying this with more peeps!

Just a 20mb download so what can hold ya back?

Comment

CTI would be fun. Something a little different and can practice helo insertions.
                    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
                      CTI would be fun. Something a little different and can practice helo insertions.
                      Man I really want to try this. I have an X45 Joystick and throttle that are gathering dust in my office. I have always wanted to try this type of stuff but it just wasn't feasible in BF2. I got killed quick if I used a joystick.
                      Retired 6th DB

Comment

Do we (the clients) need to run this as well or is it just a server side patch?
                        Retired 6th DB

Comment

Alot of corrections in this demo release!

Just a couple of minutes playing with it and I noticed a few things:

1. Single Player option (with no missions...perhaps later?)
                          2. The multi-player server look-up tables are MUCH better. Enter password after you select your server and proper ping values
                          3. The game runs much better for me as well, notice that they seem to have fixed the grass issue. The grass actually lays down a little better in front of you when you're prone. Not sure if this was a fix...or something I just noticed. The grass was always a problem before, but now it "seems" better, you know?

Can't wait to see what else has been optimized. You gotta love these guys...you know they're working triple-overtime trying to get everything just right prior to the US/UK release.
                          |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
                            Do we (the clients) need to run this as well or is it just a server side patch?
                            It looks like a total overhaul of the demo. It includes a single-player capability.
                            |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

For those that enjoy CTI in the demo, remember that we have setup 2 retail servers here at TG including a large CTI server!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X