Please have a look

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please have a look

I posted 3 links but because I'm new it of course would not allow me.

Please go and have a look at the offical bohemia interactive forums. Click "Squads and Fanpages" , read this thread "NATO (Gaming Community)"

These guys are putting together the largest co ops im aware of in the game. 16AA is the main squad involved with actaully running the op. I thought it might be something you guys where into.

If anyone would like to post the links for me that would be fantastic.

As for me I think its a great idea.

Thanks

Re: Please have a look

Heres the link:
    http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...T;f=65;t=56304

It might be kind of cool to put a TG group together for something like that.
    Retired 6th DB

Comment

I'm interested in trying this out some time, but there are a few things I'm concerned about.

1. Feasibility of having coops with extremely large playercounts that manage to be enjoyable for everyone.
      2. Server's ability to handle everything. Apparently their most recent attempt had the mission crap out due to an ammo bug before anything serious happened. That's a big chunk of wasted time for a lot of people.
      3. Having to conform to their structure. If they aren't willing to alter things around for specific groups that may want to run things for their group a certain way, I doubt I'll want to participate with them. I've put too much effort and time into getting a good platoon structure, good TS channels, etc set up for my group to abandon all of that just to play with them.
      4. Attitude. Some of the groups (ie 4th ID) that have signed up for them have a wildly different view on how a group "should be" and how the game "should be" played. I'd hate to get into a mission and then be forced to coordinate with someone who is trying so hard to be milsim that it's painful to talk to them.

Like many things in ArmA, I'm taking a "Wait and see" approach to this. I'm interested, but there are other things that I'm more interested in that I think will be safer bets in the near term.

Comment

Thanks for the link Wimpinator.

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
        I'm interested in trying this out some time, but there are a few things I'm concerned about.

1. Feasibility of having coops with extremely large playercounts that manage to be enjoyable for everyone.
        2. Server's ability to handle everything. Apparently their most recent attempt had the mission crap out due to an ammo bug before anything serious happened. That's a big chunk of wasted time for a lot of people.
        3. Having to conform to their structure. If they aren't willing to alter things around for specific groups that may want to run things for their group a certain way, I doubt I'll want to participate with them. I've put too much effort and time into getting a good platoon structure, good TS channels, etc set up for my group to abandon all of that just to play with them.
        4. Attitude. Some of the groups (ie 4th ID) that have signed up for them have a wildly different view on how a group "should be" and how the game "should be" played. I'd hate to get into a mission and then be forced to coordinate with someone who is trying so hard to be milsim that it's painful to talk to them.

Like many things in ArmA, I'm taking a "Wait and see" approach to this. I'm interested, but there are other things that I'm more interested in that I think will be safer bets in the near term.
        Whats odd is I had the same concerns almost in the same order you posted them here. Theres no doubt anytime you try to get that large of a group together theres going to be challanges, but thats no reason not to at least try it. The crash they had last time from what I gather is related to the ammo bug (cagillions of ammo pouches appearing everywhere).

As far as the structure I disagree, I don't think its possible to pull something like this off without it, certinly not using the same structure squads who operate with 5-15 guys use regularly. And in any event would it be so bad to play by the hosts rules for a couple of hours? I'm not saying your points are not valid in reguards to communication and the "other" way of doing things that is more strict then ours.

I'm really not trying to push anything on anyone, this is after all something a little different then smaller coops that many of you prefer, I love those myself. My purpose is just to say "hey check this out" to the folks at Tactical Gamer and you can all make up your own minds.

I'm going to attend the next op that I can. I'll post about whats working well and whats not working.

Comment

Why doesn't TG offer something similar? We have a large community here, plus we also have affiliations with other sites. It doesn't need to start off big either, something small to start with, but with the presence of mind to foresee it becoming larger and having the infrastructure already in place to handle it.

We could offer all-comers are welcome or registration. We can include a military hierarchy that assigns SL's, etc to individuals based on experience (i.e. times played at TG perhaps, rotated on an even basis).

Missions can be tailored made to our needs, and we can stockpile missions for lower and higher player counts should we need it. Missions briefings can be given on the day or posted in advance.

Mission making should follow a predetermined format inasmuch as they should include basic points (realistic insertion/extraction, proper briefings, play-tested, etc)

Just a few ideas, but there's no reason why this could not be fleshed out and become a reality. The same goes for smaller games as well (like Original Ghost Recon).

One of my major annoyances with OFP was the missions. Firstly you had to find a decent mission - far too many had no briefing, limited your weapon loadout, didn't load, did load but didn't work (i.e. never ended), were just poor (go shoot x guy and we'll put you right outside his house at spawn - ooh well done, you won), or (and one of the worst), required 10 mods to download beforehand (not easy to find).

I really enjoy coop gaming and having some decent, realistic tactical missions is paramount to that imo.
          Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X