Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news on Armed Assault Sound Issues

Suma an OFP Lead Programmer writes the following at BIS forums:

"We have recently found a bug in OpenAL XFi native driver, which returns failure errors while capturing sounds. We have implemented a workaround, which will be available in the next patch / next demo version (and before you ask, no, I cannot tell you when this will be ).

As a workaround, disabling HW acceleration in Windows sound control panel will solve the problem."

I'm interpreting this the way that they are addressing sound issues in the next patch. Let us hope the patch comes sooner than later.
    --
    VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Re: Good news on soundissues

What about the sound problem in multiplayer where sounds dont even transmit.. You can be standing right next to someone shooting and not hear a thing, or be a gunner in a tank or helo and not hear yourself shooting.
    TG Regular
    TGU Staff
    ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
    Evil Koala
    LeftSkidLow

Comment

I have seen that get better lately for some reason. I have actually been hearing gun fire from the person next to me.
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I had the same issue evilK...went away when I disabled hardware acceleration. Sound seemed fine since then.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed