Armed Assault League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Assault League

Armed Assault Zone is proud to announce that we are starting an ArmA league.
    Our Fully automated ladder ranking system is the best in the business and has a great interface and management system for squads.
    We are going to have a mix of CTF, CO-OP, CTI and other game types, along with tournaments.

We will be opening the Arma League from the 24th of February and each season runs for 4 months, so make sure you get yourself signed up ASAP.

There will also be prizes for the top squads at the end of each season.
    If you think your squad has what it takes to get to the top of the Armed Assault League, you can sign up HERE.

Re: Armed Assault League

Oh my, your text is so centered, I am very impressed!

Comment

lol, glad you like it.

Comment

Do tacticalgamer have a squad they can enter?

Comment

Originally posted by Jammydodger View Post
          Do tacticalgamer have a squad they can enter?
          Depends what the aforementioned prizes are.....

Correct me if I am wrong, but that coincides with the English release date for ArmA. No waiting for a week or two for people to get the game?

As for the rules and signup.
          1. How many times a week?
          2. At what time weekly (relevant to U.S. players)?
          3. Minimum/maximum team size?
          4. Missions to be played? Stock or Custom?
          5. Is it a campaign style or just CTI/Co-Op/CTF?
          6. Substitutions allowed?
          7. Cost?

Just curious……
          Last edited by TheBigC; 02-04-2007, 03:19 PM.
          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

The league will start on the 23rd, a week after release.

As for the rules and sign up

1. How many times a week? ----- entirely up to the clans, but if they are inactive for 2 weeks they drop a point.

2. At what time weekly (relevant to U.S. players? ----- you can arrange the times when you use the challenge system.

3. Minimum/maximum team size? ----- depends on what the League is, could be a 8v8 CTF so the min would be 8 and you can have upto 50 members in that squad.

4. Missions to be played? Stock or Custom? ----- mostly customs

5. Is it a campaign style or just CTI/Co-Op/CTF? ----- CTI/Co-Op/CTF

6. Substitutions allowed? ----- can you clarify what you mean by this?

7. Cost? ----- totally free.

Hope this helps, any more Q's I'll be happy to answer.

Cheers

Comment

Sounds like a good idea Jammydodger I would be interested in something like this, I'm not sure about the rest. I guess it would have to pass though Strag but I'd be open to it.

I think I know where Big C is going with the date issue. I think it would be wise to make it a few days after offical release. I have the full czech version but assuming the patch is released at the same time (which is far from certin) I really wouldn't feel good about getting into something like this with my current install as I'm CTD'ing every few minutes. If there is no patch I will order the UK version but I'm assuming I will not be up and running for a day or so after release days for shipment times or patch install either way.

If you decide to stick with the date let me know I'll try to see if any of the other squads attending will let me tag along with one of them if they are short a man. But only if Tactical Gamer can't field 8 people. Hopefully we can but again the date makes me wonder.

P.S. If possible can you list squads already signed up for this event?

Thanks!

Adv - (in game name)

Comment

Originally posted by Vitriol View Post
                Sounds like a good idea Jammydodger I would be interested in something like this, I'm not sure about the rest. I guess it would have to pass though Strag but I'd be open to it.
                I think it would be great to see TG field a squad for this.

Comment

Hi guys, we have decided to start the official league on the 17/03/2007, but we will be having a few tournaments before this to get everyone warmed up for the event. The tournaments are due to start on the 3rd of March.
                  Hopefully this will give everyone enough time to get their squads ready and roles assigned.

So far we have 26 members signed up for it and 2 active teams, the league was only made public 2 days ago so expect these numbers to grow.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Jammydodger View Post

6. Substitutions allowed? ----- can you clarify what you mean by this?

Hope this helps, any more Q's I'll be happy to answer.

Cheers
                    The reason I ask this is currently we have a smaller player base until the English release. Once that happens there are dozens of TG members that might be interested that are currently not playing. If we get a team together, I would hate to exclude some awesome TG members from the opportunity to participate by submitting a roster now. If substitutions were allowed, we could rotate some of the newer players onto the team.

What about the prizes for the end of each season ? (Sorry I just have to ask, that is always a big incentive). :row__577:

The Big C -sends
                    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Hi mate, the way the system is set up is that you have a min and maximum amount of members in a squad for the ladder. with a 8V8 CTF ladder the min amount of members a squad must have to enter it is 8 and the maximum would be something like 30, so you can decide on what players are going to play each match between yourselves. So in summery you don't need to worry about players not being able to play.

As for the prizes, we are in talks with getting a sponsor for the League, so we can say much yet sorry, I'll make an anoument once the details are finalized.

Cheers

Now get signed up ;)

Comment

Hi guys, Just a quick post to let you all know that we are still looking for more signups for the kickoff Tournament starting on the 3rd of March.

We currently have 7 teams signed up but we need a total of 16 before we can start. To signup you need to be in a squad with at least 4 players, you then need to join the International - CTF 4v4 ladder.
                        Once on this ladder go to Tournaments and click on signup (you need to be the squad leader to sign your team up).

If you are not in a team yet and are looking to join one, make a post in our forums to see if any squads are recruiting that you might like to join.

Make sure you sign up ASAP to guarantee your team a place.

Arma League

Regards

AAZ Team.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse