Question about system specs...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about system specs...

It appears that I exceed the minimum specs for AA, but when I try to start the demo I get an error like "cannot create3d device...blah,blah,blah...error D3DERR_INVALIDCALL"

My video card is an old Geforce4 Ti4400 with 128mb memory...is this what is keeping me from running the demo?

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Question about system specs...

I wouldn't even attempt to run it on that video card. I just got rid of my 9600XT (which I believe itself is a step above the Ti4400) and it barely ran it 800X600 on all low settings.

Comment

Thanks for the reply... I have P4 2.8, 768 RAM. If I update the vid card to a 7600GT 256MB GDDR3, will I be able to play AA with decent graphics?

Also, is there a US release date for AA yet? Or am I gonna have to get it from overseas?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just discovered this game a few days ago and it seems great!

Thanks!!!!!!

Comment

I run the 7600 GT OC and can max everything out and its very playable. This games weird though. Some people have much better gear and report slower preformance. Seems to vary from PC to PC and I suspect has alot to do with peoples definition of "running good". Getting to 1 gig might help too but honestly I'd stop where you are. After replacing RAM V card ect your getting close to being able to afford a new tower with a much better processor.

Theres people out there that will moan if they ever dip below 35 FPS so you have to take that into account.

Adv

Comment

Originally posted by ice1811 View Post
          Also, is there a US release date for AA yet? Or am I gonna have to get it from overseas?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just discovered this game a few days ago and it seems great!

Thanks!!!!!!
          You can order it from here, 45 bucks no shipping fee. Feb 22

http://www.gogamer.com/Armed-Assault...VVviewprod.htm

Comment

Buwhaa. 35 FPS? I go nuts when mine drops below 100.

Seriously, ADV is right, sytems are wierd how they perform no matter what setting you run or what you run inside. I recommend running the demo to see how it runs on your current system, that will be a good test.

As for the release date, looks like 16 February.
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Big C can you post a link to where I can get it Feb 16th? The only place I've found is the 22nd.

Comment

You would have to ask me that. I grabbed that date from the 1st google link I found. You are right though, I remember it being the 22 for some reason.
                "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Ha, I found it! Link But in all fairness that is the European date.

UK preorder
                  Plus they ship to US.

Comment

rgr that just didn't want to be left behind and a week late.

Comment

Thanks all. I do have a little heartburn about upgrading an AGP system, but I simply cant afford a whole new system right now or even in the next 8-12 months.

I gotta say, I have been looking at screenshots and videos here and this game (sim) looks so very sweet!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X