ArmA 505 Version and GoGamer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA 505 Version and GoGamer

Ordered a 505 version from GoGamer. Initially GoGamer had a ship date of 22 February. Whelp, GoGamer shipped today on the official day of release! Should be getting my copy within in the next week. Look forward to trying out your COOP server!

Re: 505 Version and GoGamer

Can't wait till the player numbers start to grow.

Comment

Eh, it looks like the gogamer UK version is shipping with 1.04. You guys won't be able to play on our server just yet. Not until the universal 1.05 patch comes out at least, which is due in 2 weeks.

Comment

Ordered mine from gogamer too. Can't wait till it comes. :D

I guess I'll play the SP campaign until 1.05 patch is released.

Comment

I'm going to hold out for the Sprocket UK version, which they are going to release simultaneously with the 1.05 patch. My hard copy will be the Atari-published version here in the US. Please post your experience with Gogamer though, I would love to hear about it!

Comment

I have ordered from GoGamer several times and they are pretty top notch. They usually sell at slightly discounted prices and run specials all the time. They are pretty timely with shipping. I generally have them ship using the US Postal Service. I'll get a game wthin 3-4 days of GoGamer shipping it via the USPS. Very flexible shipping and very cheap shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by BHack View Post
              Eh, it looks like the gogamer UK version is shipping with 1.04. You guys won't be able to play on our server just yet. Not until the universal 1.05 patch comes out at least, which is due in 2 weeks.
              Didn't catch that about the versions being different initially! Till the 1.05 patch!

Comment

No worries. It will take you that long to get it all setup and learned in the ArmA arts.

MAKE SURE the first two things you do are set render frames ahead to 0 and force vsync OFF in your video card drivers. Not doing this will make ArmA difficult and annoying to play.

P.S. The single player campaign sucks, don't bother, just go straight to the mission editor.

Comment

I would recommend the SP tutorials, but yeh the campaign is worthless IMHO. I can't wait to have a game I can play online. I have this desire to play without the frustration of a CTD at that critical moment. Hopefully they have fixed softwrap and or I'll have to buy the Uk version :(

Comment

Re: ArmA 505 Version and GoGamer

My order shipped yesterday and got here today at around 2pm. I will install it later.

I plan on buying the Atari US version as well. (Show Atari/BI support in the US)
                    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Hi Everyone,

As stated above we have Armed Assault in stock and we are shipping. For those that have already ordered thank you very much for your business. For those that don't know us we invite you to take a look. As stated earlier in this thread we always have some great deals going and very competitive prices. I don't want to spam this board, but I thought I'd drop in and say hi.

If you want to know about our specials you might want to subscribe to our 48 Hour madness email newsletter. Usually goes out twice a week and it contains some amazing deals.

I can't post links here yet cause I'm new, but our name says it all. Just drop by our main page to learn more.

Again, thanks for your business and if you have any comments for me feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,
                      Jason

Comment

I just thought I'd add that I bought my TrackIR from them. They have good prices and fast shipping. I'll be doing business with them again in the future.
                        TG Regular
                        TGU Staff
                        ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
                        Evil Koala
                        LeftSkidLow

Comment

Alright, you convinced me! I ordered from go gamer. Us 505'ers will have to have our own server ;)

Comment

Yep...been a long time gogamer fan, for one they help support SimHQ, lol... but I also get rare games like The Regiment...

just got a race car seat from them delivered last week, 300 bucks, lol, but sweet... and now my Armed Assault has shipped also. ;)

but to be fair, I found this sell for ArmA also:
                            http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/araras.html 40 bucks
                            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by boudreux View Post
                              Alright, you convinced me! I ordered from go gamer. Us 505'ers will have to have our own server ;)
                              lol......sounds like deal! We'll have to post here once we all get our disks!

@Bhack

For the demo, I turned off vsynch using nHancer. However, since I got my GX2, I have not seen the option for Max frames render ahead. I use the Coolbits hack and it doesn't appear in the old control panel.

It also does not appear in the version of Riva Tuner that I'm using. I'm scratching my head, wondering if that option just is not available for the GX2.

I do have the demo running quite well though. Took a bit. I turn AA off and I run the demo with most settings at Normal, post processing on low, shading detail on low. I get fps from 30-70, average 40's and that's at 1920x1200 to boot! The higher resolution eliminates the need for AA. Plus, my 7950 GX2 can't do AA and HDR at the same time. I wish that BIS could have implemented AA and HDR like the Source engine does. In those games, I can se AA and HDR quite well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X