Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Settings

Just some info I picked up on another site:

The French site www.arma-fr.net and Syb from the BI Forums have reported a dedicated server command (persistant=1) that Armed Assault's JIP system can allow, it causes the server to keep a mission playing even if no one is connected on the server, letting AI handle the mission.

While this option would seem obvious to some, it can add the ability for an empty server to continue a battle/mission over serveral days, then later players can connect, and the damaged vehicles, buildings, surroundings and killed soldiers will be in the place. This option is not working properly yet but should be in the upcoming 1.05 patch.

To enable this on your own server edit the following in your server.cfg file.

persistent=1; Enables or disables the persistent battlefield. Default 0.
    Also... admins, what is the status of us being able to adjust server settings on the dedicated server? I now avoid even logging into the server to mess around unless there is someone else willing to play. The .43 AI accuracy on my PC makes the game that much more enjoyable. I'm actually beginning to think even THAT setting is slightly high for a realism/playability/tactical standpoint. I suggest everyone at least try that setting on their own PC to see what I'm talking about. The game is still very difficult.

Re: Server Settings

I have not had luck in getting server settings to work with the dedicated server software. I know TheBigC is also looking at it.

I'm wondering if our current beta version of the server software doesn't support certain functions. If so, I hope the v1.05 corrects this.

Comment

Yeah i lowered it down to 3.0 and it feels a lot better. People aren't head-shoting me from 200 yards with ak's as I come over the ridge.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

The AI being a bit Superman-esque keeps one sharp and on their toes I think. (Although, they can be a bit frustrating when you are a whisker from completing a mission, and you are bagged from half a mile away by the last bad guy standing)!
        sigpic
        | |
        TG ArmA Pathfinder
        One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

I agree that lowered AI is far more enjoyable for my own SP games.

Comment

Regarding persistence, there's an interesting discussion going on here.

Comment

Finally, after much gnashing of teeth, the server settings seem to be working correctly now. Give it a try today and see how the gameplay is.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X