Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Crap!!!! no more activations...

Well...

this really blows...I am out of activations...I was one of the guys that bought the German download version from metaboli...I've emailed their tech support

Now I just wait..

Chappie

Re: Holy Crap!!!! no more activations...

Sorry to hear that Chappie. Personally I will never order another game via digital DL. Its just too much hassel, next time I want to have my hands on a disk if I'm going to drop the $50 bucks.

Seems some of us are having trouble with the patch. I know Strags working on getting 1.05 server up. I am heading out for the night but hope to see you guys in game tommorow or the next day.

Adv

Comment

That blows. This is a good reason that more developers should publish on Steam. I've never had a problem with Steam. You login, you see the games you own. Reformatted? Copy the files you backed up so you don't have to download again. No activation needed because it's linked to your account.

Even EA Link sounds better than this mess. I've redownloaded from EA Link before and performed reinstallations without a problem. Direct DL games shouldn't require activation. Publishers need to put more faith in this thing called a CD key.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Im in the same boat. After i received my copy from buc i had 2 left...well i used one when i installed and i had to use another when i updated to the latest patch. So hopefully that works for a long time when i get a USA copy later.

Keep us updated
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I ran out of activations, so I have to wait for softwrap/sprocket to reset my activations.

Comment

I received my re-activation in less than an hour in the past.. but with all the people patching that is unlikely. I do think it speaks to the inherent failure of DRM. They deliver a substandard product (ala softwrap MP crashes) with more hassle. It makes me want to support developers that actively pursue onerous DRM less.

Comment

Oh great. I attempted to patch before heading out to work Friday night and experienced an error. If I read correctly I have to completely uninstall everything and try again, yes? I'm probably out of activations as well...this outta be fun... :(

Comment

Chappie, Coridon, Shiner, Fried Fish, Trooper

I'm not sure if you've seen this but apparently BIS is helping out with the problems your experiancing as well now since Sproket responce is slow.

This is a quote from Maruk
                "With sprocket problems for now please contact also [email protected]
                We can help out with it.

We need you to provide us with your email address you used to register the software and the purchase reference.

From that we can handle a lot of things.

Normally, it should be softwrap support you use but in case they're slow for whatever reason this is an alternative solution."

Direct link to thread. http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...=55705;st=225\

Adv

Comment

thanks Vit....

that's the third different address I've emailed now....hopefully one will reply before the weekend is over...

thanks,

Chappie

Comment

This is pretty crazy. I'm thinking twice about getting the Sprocket version now. Maybe I'll just get the one sold at the Yahoo store since they ship to Canada.

I don't understand why online software distributers try to "activate" software. It's about as stupid as Battlefield using CD copy protection.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Thanks for the link Vit. I'll send them an email too since I haven't heard back from softwrap.

Comment

I got my activation stuff sorted by the guys at bistudio.com. I'll be joining you guys for some ArmA action Sunday evening.

Comment

Hey Hey..

finally got the email late last night...haven't been able to play yet due to real life stuff...

gonna give it a shot in a bit..

cya,

Chappie

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse