Couple suggestions to AA players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple suggestions to AA players

1. TS is not for chatting during missions. FTL is to talk and no one else. Gets hard to hear when others are talking about the grass on that hill, and the FTL is trying to give orders.

2. FTL is in control of game. His orders are what we follow, he may ask for ideas but he has the final say.

3. Lets remember we are all adults, swearing gets nothing done. Maybe its just me but that just turns me off of a game when people are swearing like sailors.

4. Get a plan laid out before we jump right into the mission. Everyone take a knee and wait, no need to rush off and get killed.

Maybe its just me and since the game is new and people are excited. Read the SOPs and play the game as its ment to be played. Thats all
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: Couple suggestions to AA players

Seconded
    TG Regular
    TGU Staff
    ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
    Evil Koala
    LeftSkidLow

Comment

I'm happy with the TS experiance in TG. While not perfect it is far FAR from as bad as it can get in terms of either cusing which I've heard very little of or chatting.

Of course the SOPs are to be followed. But ya know, soemtimes a guy might have a question about how to script something or maybe someone is giving an idea for a mission when things are slow. That kinda thing is going to happen when you have 10-15 on TS. Is it really worth getting worked up over?

I'm pretty laid back on this because I've been a part of some much rougher TS rooms where cussing and arguments where common. I didn't like it, I delt with it and I never really let it get under my skin. But I respect the fact some are sensitive to launguage totally. Honestly I saw a post like this coming and its probably good to bring up I'm just giving my take on it.

Trooper I know where your coming from and agree with you. But I think you may be selling TG a bit short in comparison to what else is out there. :)

Adv

Comment

Well I agree with trooper... I saw/heard it last night also... during mission, it's mission talk, once your dead you need to mute your mic (like I do) or move to a dead man channel to talk.

What I disliked last night was lack of prep before the mission started, I think some assume everyone knows I certain mission... I'm reading the mission brief when someone starts the game... I had no clue what the mission was.

Also... when flying in the helicopter...for one I disagree with parachuting into a combat zone from a black hawk, now maybe fast roping can be scripted, lol... you don't fly over a combat zone taking hits with troops inside a transport... there should of been a mark on the map for everyone to go to, disembark, regroup, then move into the town... not parachuting into battle where almost all of us died at the foot of the chopper.

more planning before start, and then play smart, like our lives depended on it.

IMO
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitriol View Post
          I'm happy with the TS experiance in TG. While not perfect it is far FAR from as bad as it can get in terms of either cusing which I've heard very little of or chatting.

Of course the SOPs are to be followed. But ya know, soemtimes a guy might have a question about how to script something or maybe someone is giving an idea for a mission when things are slow. That kinda thing is going to happen when you have 10-15 on TS. Is it really worth getting worked up over?

I'm pretty laid back on this because I've been a part of some much rougher TS rooms where cussing and arguments where common. I didn't like it, I delt with it and I never really let it get under my skin. But I respect the fact some are sensitive to launguage totally. Honestly I saw a post like this coming and its probably good to bring up I'm just giving my take on it.

Trooper I know where your coming from and agree with you. But I think you may be selling TG a bit short in comparison to what else is out there. :)

Adv
          Not selling TG short by a long shot, we dont like to compare ourselves to others. I do know that those who are playing are hardcore sim players and have limited time to play. SO the more we can help make those games better for them and us the better the server will become.

I guess if im selling it short jump on our public server one night with no admin, and you will come screaming back to the private server.
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Fair enough, it wasn't until your last post I knew you where talking about the public server, I thought you where refering to the private one since the public servers so new. That is a different beast all together.

When I came in yesterday afternoon I only got a small 20 minute snapshot of things. Comms where excellent overall, I have no idea what occured before then. That was just before we did the breifcase/ find the nuke mission.

Adv

Comment

Great post, Trooper. The thing that I always go back to is the 3 or 4 Thursday's that I was able to play GR with the regulars here a year or so back. Amazing radio dicipline and teamwork. No chatter whatsoever in TS or in-game chat. I know what people here are capable of, and that's what we should be trying to achieve... I don't think we should be making comparisons that say "At least it's not as bad as it is at X community...". I think the most fun games happen when everyone knows the SOP's and adheres to them to a T!
              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Based on feedback we are receiving, the admin team will be stepping up control on the TS channel. Most of us are pretty laid-back, but we are going to be taking more steps to enforce the stated protocols to ensure a consistent and rewarding environment for everyone. This includes tightening up on the issues discussed above including excessive inappropriate language.

Comment

Great thread, and great discussion.

Now that the full game is here, we'll be tightening things up a bit. The comparison Evo made to how Ghost Recon was played here is a good one. I'd really like to see ArmA continue here at TG where GR left off. Solid teamwork, great communication, mutual respect, good fun; these are all key ingredients in great gaming.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X