Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak keybinds

Update 7/18/2007, BHack

Here's my updated keybinds. If an admin could please replace my first post of the thread with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

http://drakk0r.homedns.org/images/tgarma-leaders.kbn

The keybinds are as follows (numbers using numpad):

Whisper to
    1 = 1st Squad
    2 = 2nd Squad
    3 = 3rd Squad
    4 = 4th Squad
    5 = Air Element
    6 = Armor Element
    7 = Command Element
    8 = Whisper to all channel commanders only
    9 = All Comms/Broadcast

Change Channel
    Shift + Alt + 1 = Squad 1
    Shift + Alt + 2 = Squad 2
    Shift + Alt + 3 = Squad 3
    Shift + Alt + 4 = Squad 4
    Shift + Alt + 5 = Air Element
    Shift + Alt + 6 = Armor Element
    Shift + Alt + 7 = Command Element
    Shift + Alt + E = East
    Shift + Alt + W = West
    Shift + Alt + 0 = Armed Assault - Co-op
    Shift + Alt + . = Armed Assault - Evolution
    Shift + Alt + Pluskey = Change channel one up
    Shift + Alt + Minuskey = Change channel one down
    Shift + Alt + 8 = Toggle Channel Commander

LEADER FUNCTIONS ONLY

Bind whispers
    Shift + 1 = Preset 1
    Shift + 2 = Preset 2
    Shift + 3 = Preset 3
    Shift + 4 = Preset 4
    Shift + 5 = Preset 5
    Shift + 6 = Preset 6
    Shift + 7 = Preset 7

Whisper to binds
    NumPad Enter + 1 = Whisper to preset 1
    NumPad Enter + 2 = Whisper to preset 2
    NumPad Enter + 3 = Whisper to preset 3
    NumPad Enter + 4 = Whisper to preset 4
    NumPad Enter + 5 = Whisper to preset 5
    NumPad Enter + 6 = Whisper to preset 6
    NumPad Enter + 7 = Whisper to preset 7

Another issue is radio dicipline.. We will all have to REALLY start using a format when talking between channels so everyone knows who's talking, and on what channel..

For example:
    "Air element, this is 1st squad"
    "1st squad, Air element, go ahead"
    "Air element, 1st squad needs pickup at BH64"
    "1st squad, roger, Air element is inbound, ETA 3 minutes. Pop smoke when helo is in sight."
    "Roger Air element, out"
    Last edited by BHack; 07-18-2007, 09:02 AM.
    TG Regular
    TGU Staff
    ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
    Evil Koala
    LeftSkidLow

Re: Teamspeak keybinds

Thanks Koala.

I also want to get a TS overlay is this the best out there? and does this work with Arma? http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php...y&id=1&item=11

Comment

OK...is this official? ... I'm hoping not, I hope the server admins discuss this first...

I appreciate your work on this EK, but I disagree with using keybinds in this kind of game... we usually only have a dozen or so players on, most missions require you to work together... I could understanding using keybinds for hugh 60 plus player games but not with a squad size or so element...we need to communicate with each other...all we need is more noise discipline not a bunch of channels to be switching back and forth to.
      Last edited by Magnum50; 03-05-2007, 10:12 PM. Reason: sounded wrong
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

No its not official.. And I'd have to disagree.. Just tonight, we were playing with only 8 people on the server and formed 2 squads of 4. I found it rather difficult to get a word in to lead my squad as the other squad encountered contact.

With these keybinds, all players can easily move to their assigned squads (Shift+Alt+#), and the squad leaders can assign themselves channel commanders (Shift+Alt+8). This way the squads can talk to themselves, but the squad leaders have their own direct channel to each other (8).

To expand further, imagine playing Air Cav with 16-24 people. Which we'll probably see on the private server not too far from now. We can have separate squads and an Air Element, all operating on their own channels, uninterupted, except by fellow channel commanders. The channel commanders can then relay important information to the rest of their squad squad.

To Adv, I'm not sure about the overlay. I've never used it. I think BigC uses one though, so you might try asking hime :D
        TG Regular
        TGU Staff
        ShackTac FNG

Evil Koala
        LeftSkidLow

Comment

I do think we'll need some sort of semi-official key bind setup. As the player base grows, effective voip communication will become a necessity. I think Strag is working on something and I'm sure he'll have input.

And Koala, those keybinds look good. Shouldn't have to worry about the numbers being used by AI though, ArmA separates numpad numbers from the top row numbers. I'm assuming you have this setup with the numpad in mind?

Comment

Yeah, I've been working on something similar to what Evil posted. I think it makes sense to have a standardized template like this available for those who want to use it.

Evil, I'd recommend switching your setup to use the Numpad keys.

Comment

I personally prefer them on the numbers above the letter keys, as I use my left hand to access them. I dont think they'll really get in the way, even when issuing commands to AI as long as the user doesnt hold the button down. A quick keypress shouldnt interrupt comms. But if you all still think the numpad is best, I could easily make that adjustment.

And I didnt mean to step on any toes Strag. If you've got something already set up, then feel free to delete this thread.
              TG Regular
              TGU Staff
              ShackTac FNG

Evil Koala
              LeftSkidLow

Comment

Originally posted by Vitriol View Post
                Thanks Koala.

I also want to get a TS overlay is this the best out there? and does this work with Arma?
                Morning Vitriol. Mixed results with TSO. Seems to work a lot better in 1.05 (still stutters now and again, at least for me). Have not tried it "Windowed" as yet will hopefully give that a trial sometime today, and will get back to you.

TS Overlay is becoming a bit like my TIR/Joystick - Its a great tool to see who is speaking in channel, in game.

Here is a link to the ArmA TSO thread. Which also includes a link to an alternative program called TSDisp (I use this one, no problem).

Link: HERE
                sigpic
                | |
                TG ArmA Pathfinder
                One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

Hello Buccaneer, thanks once again. Looks like TSDisp would be the one for me. I'll try it. My main concern was now that VOIP is working well sometimes when we have alot of people on I can't tell whos talking over VOIP and who is on TS. I'm not sure how I missed that thread in your link.

Comment

thats what I thought we already agreed on... teamspeak for the whole squad/missions, individual in game VOIP for the squad/vehicle talk...

I've never been a fan of the keybinds because of more keys to remember and the fact that most keys are already in use...(like I'm left handed so I use the keypad keys for movement etc etc.)
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I am getting mixed feedback on how well the ingame VOIP is working. I'm going to put up a poll in the general forums.
                      --
                      VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Koala View Post
                        I personally prefer them on the numbers above the letter keys, as I use my left hand to access them. I dont think they'll really get in the way, even when issuing commands to AI as long as the user doesnt hold the button down. A quick keypress shouldnt interrupt comms. But if you all still think the numpad is best, I could easily make that adjustment.

And I didnt mean to step on any toes Strag. If you've got something already set up, then feel free to delete this thread.
                        No worries at all, Koala -- I'm glad you put this set of keybinds together. My reasons for going with the NumPad keys are largely for consistency with ShackTac; I'd like to have some commonality between the communities where possible, so that when the time comes for large group games we'll already be on the same page.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                          thats what I thought we already agreed on... teamspeak for the whole squad/missions, individual in game VOIP for the squad/vehicle talk...
                          Unfortunately, in-game VOIP is still pretty shoddy. For some people it works pretty well, but for others it doesn't work at all. So, for the time being, we'll have to continue to use Teamspeak. If/when ArmA's in-game VOIP works reliably for everyone, we'll be able to use it for squad/vehicle talk like you're saying.

Comment

Okay, I've updated the keybinds to use the number pad instead of the numbers above the keys. Same keys, just on the numpad, with the exception of Broadcast, which is now numpad 9.
                            TG Regular
                            TGU Staff
                            ShackTac FNG

Evil Koala
                            LeftSkidLow

Comment

Just a quick one folks.

You don’t need a Touchscreen to use Touchbuddy.

A 2nd Monitor running TB in “Local” mode, using your mouse to click (activate) the buttons (instead of using a Touchscreen) will work just as well.

Even better for those lucky enough to own another PC or Laptop in a Network. Your Laptop acting as Client and your games machine as Server will capture the key presses being sent from the TB software.

No need to remember keybinds or keys – Hit the button that tells you what it is.

Example below are the TG Teamspeak Channels and a 2nd Tab with the Ingame VOIP/Whisper Channels.

All your questions answered over on the TB forum: Here

sigpic
                              | |
                              TG ArmA Pathfinder
                              One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed