Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll Call and Setup / 1stMIP Pre-Planned COOP Session

Hello gentlemen,

This is a roll call and planning thread for an ArmA pre-planned COOP session.

Date:

TBD.

We have a strong following for ArmA from our European friends so lets keep them in the loop. Event will most likely be on March 17 Sat night. I am sorry but only sat and sun nights work for me. Feel free to organize a pre-planned session for another time using this one as a template.

Schedule:

- 8:15 PM EST: Teamspeak meeting for last minute planning and assignments
    - 8:30 PM EST: Deploying to server.

Details

- Before you sign-in, please consider the following points. We offer a particular type of gaming session which may not be enjoyable by all.

- Simulation, immersion and role-playing. There will be a heavy emphasis on simulation aspect of gaming. Role-playing will be a major bonus to create an immersive military operation atmosphere. My profession has nothing to do with military but I enjoy getting involved in mil-sim style of events. If we are playing a war game, why not play it as if we are soldiers, just to add a new dimension to gaming. Otherwise it is as simple as "shoot, kill X number of enemies and complete the level" and that's not for me. Just try to blend in and be enthusiastic. Especially when you are using the radio. Put some effort to make it sound professional rather than casual, daily talk. Behave realistic, dont start running around doing funny things (climbing walls, etc).

- Play the role you chose . You can choose any role you want to play, from a platoon leader to a squad member. Before the session, we are just a bunch of like-minded gamers working on the details of a session. But remember that once the game starts, command structure is in full effect. You will be expected to follow orders and directions from higher ranks to the letter. Discipline is of utmost importance.

- Server Info: Server will be announced later (Most likely on community events server). This session will not conflict with other TG ArmA events. There will be a session password to ensure that only those who signed up and followed the proper participation protocol are present on the server.

- Objectives: One mission, minimum casualties and success at first try.

- Expected duration: 2-3 hours.

What to Post?

- Sign-up

- Participation level (as a soldier, fire team, squad or platoon)

- Role/Assignment preferences
    >> Infantry [sniper, AT, spec ops, etc]
    >> Armored/Mechanized [tank, apc]
    >> Close Air Support and Transport [attack/transport choppers]
    >> Air Force [fighter/bomber jets]

- Mission suggestions (please make a couple for small/mid/large participation levels)

- Other suggestions (About the event, organization, planning, etc)
    Last edited by John CANavar; 03-11-2007, 05:42 PM.

Re: Roll Call and Setup / Pre-Planned COOP Session (March 10 Sun)

1) John_C reporting for duty

2) I will be in charge of a 1stMIP squad (a mechanized infantry unit) as a Squad Leader. All interested players are welcome to join as long as they enjoy playing games in our style of serious, procedure-oriented way (see 1stMIP wiki link in my signature for more info)

3) No mission suggestions at this point.

Comment

Sign-up

=TG= JusB

- Participation level
      (as a soldier)

- Role/Assignment preferences
      >> infantry [sniper, or any]

- Mission suggestions (please make a couple for small/mid/large participation levels)

none really - anything is fine...

- Other suggestions (About the event, organization, planning, etc)

I'll leave that to the pro's
      Long Live the 2nd BCT and 1st MIP

Comment

my only question is why so late....normal sunday seesion is 1 so euros can play.

Trooper

Sniper

MIssoin doenst matter
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
          my only question is why so late....normal sunday seesion is 1 so euros can play.
          I wish I could organize pre-planned sessions starting from 1:00 PM until midnight but I cannot ;)

This event is supposed to be quite different than a regular im-promptu coop game. All the details (who is driving that APC, who is the AT guy in squad 2, primary and secondary mission objectives, etc) will be worked out before the event. Idea is to simulate a military operation with the proper objectives: one mission, minimum casualties, success at first try...Maximum immersion and intensity.

Comment

sounds good to me. I havent experienced AA like OFP yet some im all for it.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Due to PR Rally Weekend, event will be postponed to the following weekend. Thread will stay open for event/mission discussion. Sign-up for March 17 if you know you can make it.

Comment

Re: Roll Call and Setup / Pre-Planned COOP Session (March 17 Sun)

screw that i say we still have it.
                -Vulcan

Comment

March 17 is a saturday...I guess that's a typo.
                  why do you keep doing these things on sundays? That means excluding us euros who have jobs :(
                  Your mouse has moved, please restart windows for the change to take effect.

Comment

I have to start heading to bed 9:00~10:00 EST on Sundays. Are you targeting a certain length mission? I don't want to take a spot, if I'm forced to drop in the middle.

Comment

Hmm...

Poll!!! Poll!!! Poll!!!!

I'm all for early Saturday or Early Sunday Mornings!! I'm talking 7:30 or 8:00 AM!!! The wife is still sound asleep then!!! LOL

Chappie

Comment

Re: Roll Call and Setup / Pre-Planned COOP Session

Updates:

- Date set as TBD. We have a strong following for ArmA from our European friends so lets keep them in the loop. Event will most likely be on March 17 Sat night. I am sorry but only sat and sun nights work for me. Feel free to organize a pre-planned session for another time using this one as a template.

- Before you sign-in, please consider the following points. We offer a particular type of gaming session which may not be enjoyable by all.

- Simulation, immersion and role-playing. There will be a heavy emphasis on simulation aspect of gaming. Role-playing will be a major bonus to create an immersive military operation atmosphere. My profession has nothing to do with military but I enjoy getting involved in mil-sim style of events. If we are playing a war game, why not play it as if we are soldiers, just to add a new dimension to gaming. Otherwise it is as simple as "shoot, kill X number of enemies and complete the level" and that's not for me. Just try to blend in and be enthusiastic. Especially when you are using the radio. Put some effort to make it sound professional rather than casual, daily talk. Behave realistic, dont start running around doing funny things (climbing walls, etc).

- Play the role you chose . You can choose any role you want to play, from a platoon leader to a squad member. Before the session, we are just a bunch of like-minded gamers working on the details of a session. But remember that once the game starts, command structure is in full effect. You will be expected to follow orders and directions from higher ranks to the letter. Discipline is of utmost importance.

Comment

Re: Roll Call and Setup / 1stMIP Pre-Planned COOP Session

Well I for one, hope you guys have it on Saturaday...freeing up the server on Sunday nights for some nice, and simple co-op action... I personally hate all this organization play, takes the fun out of gaming... To each it's own thou.

Do your thing Saturday, and I can be online Sunday playing co-op with like minded tactical gamers. ;)

(My unpopular 2 cents.)
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                            Well I for one, hope you guys have it on Saturaday...freeing up the server on Sunday nights for some nice, and simple co-op action... I personally hate all this organization play, takes the fun out of gaming... To each it's own thou.

Do your thing Saturday, and I can be online Sunday playing co-op with like minded tactical gamers. ;)

(My unpopular 2 cents.)
                            And this is coming from someone who is posting tactical articles (formations, fire teams, etc)? Strange indeed.

Well, I dont want to turn this into one of those previous unproductive discussions. I remember a similar topic being sabotaged before and I dont want it to happen this time. This event is for those who want to see tactics and procedures ACTUALLY used in games rather than nicely sitting on dusty forum pages.

I have a difficulty in understanding why you are posting to a roll call for which you have no interest to attend. If server is your concern, we have two of them and even if we run this session on sunday, one of the servers will be available for those who are not interested.

Comment

Well this is getting no where....so we haveing this or not?
                              -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...