In-game TeamSpeak use and Keybinds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-game TeamSpeak use and Keybinds

Our playerbase is growing, so let's start taking advantage of the multiple channels we've established in Teamspeak. If you need to print out the keybinds reference that BHack provided above, please do so. Have it handy at your computer so you can refer to it when you need to switch channels.

Whenever we have pilots available in a mission, we need split them into the Air Element channel and have at least one pilot establish himself/herself as a Channel Commander. Each of the other squads must also establish a Channel Commander so that all Squad Leaders can communicate effectively not only with each other, but also with the Air Element. In the near future, as we expand to include an Armor Element and Command Element, we'll follow a similar approach. With this sort of setup, intersquad radio clutter is avoided.

If we make an effort to use this system, it'll be second nature before we know it. It'll actually make the game easier to play because our comms will be better.

Re: In-game TeamSpeak use and Keybinds

This doesn't have to do directly with TS, but what are the protocols for written communication?

As a squad leader I tend to try and communicate via concise text my intentions to the side server channel especially when no response is required. For example, "Shiner's Squad 1 heading to Corazol with supply convoy and M1A1."

While I could certainly us TS in a number of ways to transmit this, I feel the BEST place for this kind of informative intra-squad communication is via Text.. anyone have thoughts or disagree with this?

Comment

Re: In-game TeamSpeak use and Keybinds

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
      This doesn't have to do directly with TS, but what are the protocols for written communication?

As a squad leader I tend to try and communicate via concise text my intentions to the side server channel especially when no response is required. For example, "Shiner's Squad 1 heading to Corazol with supply convoy and M1A1."

While I could certainly us TS in a number of ways to transmit this, I feel the BEST place for this kind of informative intra-squad communication is via Text.. anyone have thoughts or disagree with this?
      I completely agree and try to do the same thing when there are a lot of players on. For any sort of notification or response that doesn't require feedback, I try to use Side or Group chat. I try not to clutter up voice comms when I don't need to.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X