New here, have a few questions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here, have a few questions.

Hi everyone at TG. First off I want to say, I'm glad I stumbled onto your community. You guys seem like the real deal and I look forward to playing with you in game.

Now here's my questions:

After reading reviews for ArmA, I love the concept of realism and teamwork. I'm tired of BF2, run and gun FPSs with no "real" strategy to speak of. However, only playing the demo of ArmA for the past few days, I've yet to get what I feel is a real good feel of the game (especially if I were playing with you guys :D). Are there Demo servers I could get on with some of the members here to get a better feel of larger and more organized games so I'll know whether or not I should purchase ArmA at all?

The main aspects I'm looking for in a good TacFPS is

- large scale battles that do NOT revert to total chaos. I want to see large scale battles across nice big maps, where the teams are still organized into squads and actually have to employ teamwork to achieve various objectives, IE. capture and hold key strategic points on the map.

- Proper use of vehicles, IE. transportation! If I had one main complaint with BF2 its that there are way too many vehicles, and they were way too dependent on them, making infantry almost completely useless. When each person on a team has their own APC they're carting around in... I think we're missing the point of Armored PERSONNEL carrier.

Second, I see much talk here of co-op missions, but I see less about team V team play, which I do greatly enjoy. Is most of the interest here at TG geared toward Co-op missions?

And lastly, what kind of scheduled events, private servers, or the like do supporting members get access to that others don't? If I enjoy my stay here then I'll probably become a supporting member regardless of any benefit, but I'd just like to know. :) (I tried to check the community faq for this, but it doesn't seem to be working for me)

If anyone sees me in game (demo only for now), my name is always Alasdair, say hi please.

Re: New here, have a few questions.

Well, its seems TG is a good match for your play style. We do play large missions and split into squads/fireteams. We mostly play Co-op for the moment, but the only limiting factor to PVP play is our rather small numbers. I'm certainly am not a TG official, but I feel once our numbers grow, you'll see a lot more mission based PVP going on.
    TG Regular
    TGU Staff
    ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
    Evil Koala
    LeftSkidLow

Comment

Welcome!

I definately felt the same as you Alasdair when I found TG 2 years ago, this IS the place to find tactical, realistic and teamplay oriented gaming.

I personally enjoy TvT much more than Coop and have been working on mission to those ends see here. We play tested earlier this week, I'm revising and I'm hoping my mission and similar TvT mission start making regular rotations on the server as our population builds towards the US release.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
        Welcome!
        I personally enjoy TvT much more than Coop and have been working on mission to those ends
        Great News! Can't wait to watch the ArmA community grow. I think I'll go ahead and purchase the game. I'll try and get my clan buddies involved as well. Probably be seeing everyone in some schedules events sometime soon. :)

Comment

Can't wait to see you on the server

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

maybe i should try this game with some real players before i write it off ...not sure if its the game or my squad but i cant put my thumb on why i dinnt get into this like GR1.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X