X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy the UK Version?

Or is there a US One?

Re: Buy the UK Version?

US one will be released in a couple of months (end of May was it?) published by Atari. I don't think it really matters which version you buy, eventually they will all by compatible with eachother through patches. It depends if you want the actual cd key and not a direct download (or shipping fees from the UK)

Comment

In May you'll see the North American version, it's really up to you.

Comment

No US version until May I believe. I downloaded the UK version from Sprocket in less then 2 hours. The only problem I ran into was I never got the e-mail confirming my purchase (which happens to be the same one that contains the CD key you need to install). A couple of quick e-mails and the next day I had my key provided by Sprocket customer support.

Now if I could just find enough time to learn it properly.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin View Post
          Now if I could just find enough time to learn it properly.
          The best way to learn is to just jump on the server with us. We'll help you out.

Comment

You can get the CD-key by creating an account on the sprocket website and logging in twice. The product-reference you can write down right after purchasing. You need the CD-key to install and the reference number to play. Once you get it installed, select re-install existing license, enter your email and the product-reference number (activation key). You are all set to play, but you just used one of your three activations. Once you use those up you need to contact support (I would email BIStudios or Idea-games and not Sprocket or Softwrap).

You can also do what I did while waiting 60 hours to get the reference number (I did not expect that I would not receive the email so I didn't save it right after the purchase). I downloaded the .iso of the 505 DVD version (Bittorent FTW!), installed with my CD-key from Sprocket, ran the international 1.05 update, and used Daemon Tools + the new Yasu v1.1 to circumvent the "CD in drive" protection. At least this way I can reformat every two weeks as per my usual routine without worrying about using up my Softwrap activations.

Why they even bother with the CD protection or Softwrap when they have FADE is beyond me.

Comment

I been trying to get the demo to work but it freezes up on me when i click on multiplayer

allso thanks for the info

Comment

Running XP? Could be Windows Firewall is asking for person for it to access the Internet and is waiting for your response before the multiplayer screen can be shown.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin View Post
                  Running XP? Could be Windows Firewall is asking for person for it to access the Internet and is waiting for your response before the multiplayer screen can be shown.
                  How would i know if thats it if you could tell me how to run off windows firewall that would be great and yes i am using xp

okay i checked the firewall
                  http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eitsofffj7.jpg

thats what the setting was at

allright i fixed it! Norton FW the program wasnt permited XD
                  Last edited by GenTrae; 03-20-2007, 10:53 PM. Reason: checked firewall,Fixed

Comment

You can also try gogamer.com. Only saying that b/c i bought the UK version from them and it was a verygood decision.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

DA i pmed you

Comment

Just responded.

Comment

I too downloaded the UK version from sprocket. Unlike Assasin, I received my key right away and had no problem.
                          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by miyamoto View Post
                            You can get the CD-key by creating an account on the sprocket website and logging in twice. The product-reference you can write down right after purchasing. You need the CD-key to install and the reference number to play. Once you get it installed, select re-install existing license, enter your email and the product-reference number (activation key). You are all set to play, but you just used one of your three activations. Once you use those up you need to contact support (I would email BIStudios or Idea-games and not Sprocket or Softwrap).

You can also do what I did while waiting 60 hours to get the reference number (I did not expect that I would not receive the email so I didn't save it right after the purchase). I downloaded the .iso of the 505 DVD version (Bittorent FTW!), installed with my CD-key from Sprocket, ran the international 1.05 update, and used Daemon Tools + the new Yasu v1.1 to circumvent the "CD in drive" protection. At least this way I can reformat every two weeks as per my usual routine without worrying about using up my Softwrap activations.

Why they even bother with the CD protection or Softwrap when they have FADE is beyond me.
                            Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
                            I too downloaded the UK version from sprocket. Unlike Assasin, I received my key right away and had no problem.
                            i did what miyamoto said

Comment

Gentrae, can you connect to the TG servers? About half of all the servers in the MP list have a red X instead of a Green/Yellow dot. It is giving me an error when I try to connect to them.

That could be the only downside to my method :(. Going to have to re d/l and install the Sprocket Version <pouts>.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X