Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tactical Gamer Armed Assault Server Updates...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gamer Armed Assault Server Updates...

Our Public ArmA server is now hosting the Berzerk mission pack, which is a series of ten Capture & Hold missions. These are Team vs. Team (TvT) missions, where each team starts in a home base and must capture & hold key locations on the map. Quite a few nice features (scripts) have been implemented with these missions, so be sure to check them out.

As always, our Private ArmA server is also available for those players looking for smaller, more organized games, including both Coop and TvT gametypes.

Re: Tactical Gamer Armed Assault Public Server Updates...

Sweet.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Excellent news. Thanks Strag!

Comment

These missions are fun. Basically, they offer the typical capture-and-hold-the-flag style of play made so popular by Battlefield 1942, but without all the arcade features of that series. For a TvT gametype involving respawns, it's not bad.

There are a few bugs, but I imagine these will be ironed out as new versions of the missions are released. The main gripe I have with these missions is that each squad is limited to only one person. Without digging into the scripts, I'm guessing this is to facilitate the use of the tracking script utilized in each mission (each person on a team is a squad leader, and his position is displayed dynamically on the map). I'd rather see squads comprised of eight or ten players. I wonder how open the author is to modification of his missions.

Comment

Yea, these missions are really fun for public play. In a comparison to Battlefield's ticket system, I REALLY think the capture and hold scoring is a much better system. It puts emphasis on the objective.

Another problem with ArmA I thought these missions brought out, were certain imbalances inherant in the realism. Blackmain showed us how unfair stingers were. Helos need to have some defense against them modelled in. At least you have a chance to bail after you've been hit. The creator also smartly setup the rockets on the helos as optional. These are also very powerful, but I guess the stopping power of the stinger makes these two things quasi balance each other out.

Perhaps an option to remove stingers and rockets would be a better idea?

Overall, with voice comms and teamwork it was extremely fun. Also goes to show how an organized team could really dominate. I felt bad for Taxi.

Comment

Originally posted by BHack View Post
            Overall, with voice comms and teamwork it was extremely fun. Also goes to show how an organized team could really dominate. I felt bad for Taxi.
            Definitely, and we only had like six or seven people per side. I've played on a few European servers that had full teams of 30 or 32 (per side), and those battles were pretty epic. The potential is huge.

And yeah, Taxi, you got the short end of the stick last night. It didn't seem like the guys on your team were communicating very much at all. It was pretty easy to dismantle just about everything that came our way. The Great Marianas Turkey Shoot comes to mind. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by BHack View Post
              Hehe, yeah well mostly I don't enjoy the game much when no teamwork is done (on my side), so I was more or less in a "give them something to shoot at" mode. The mission with the tank and heli factory was more fun though, because there was more natural cover.

For me personally there are 2 requirements to make these type of missions fun:

1 You need to have a sufficient number of players, 3 vs.3 doesn't make sense with these kind of mission, better to do a coop. It really starts to become fun from 20+ onwards.

2 You need to have balanced teams where teamwork is done on both sides. Not just to have an even battle, but also just to play tactically.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxi View Post
                Hehe, yeah well mostly I don't enjoy the game much when no teamwork is done (on my side), so I was more or less in a "give them something to shoot at" mode. The mission with the tank and heli factory was more fun though, because there was more natural cover.
                On the mission where you guys were attacking Cayo from the NW, were you using the KSVK 12.7mm rifle when you were sniping from the north? Whatever it was, it was very effective. I believe you wounded me at one point with a round that went completely through the HMMWV I was using as cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Strag View Post
                  On the mission where you guys were attacking Cayo from the NW, were you using the KSVK 12.7mm rifle when you were sniping from the north? Whatever it was, it was very effective. I believe you wounded me at one point with a round that went completely through the HMMWV I was using as cover.
                  That must've been G, I saw him with some heavy metal in those north bushes. I did get you with a Dragunov from those bushes right at the start though. Other memorable moments were when I got you decent range with an AK74 when you were trying to get cover behind a low rock and the headshot when you were gunner of some armored vehicle at the tank factory. :D

Mostly I got owned though.

Comment

Our Public (unpassworded) ArmA server has been converted to a Supporting Members-only server. The current configuration is such that client-side mods, like the FDF soundpack, are permitted. Enjoy!
                    Last edited by Strag; 04-30-2007, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Our Public Passworded ArmA server configuration has been changed. The configuration is now such that client-side mods, like the FDF soundpack, are permitted. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Strag View Post
                        Our Public Passworded ArmA server configuration has been changed. The configuration is now such that client-side mods, like the FDF soundpack, are permitted. Enjoy!

Good news, it makes all the difference in the world.
                        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Re: Tactical Gamer Armed Assault Server Updates...

Both of our Armed Assault servers are now running the v1.07 Beta patch. Details on downloading and installing this patch are available here.

Server #1 is running all missions EXCEPT Evolution. Veteran mode is enabled on Fridays. Players should be able to change missions easily on this server.

Server #2 is running ONLY Evolution.

Both servers are running as public (passworded) servers. Server information is available here.
                          Last edited by Strag; 05-29-2007, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X