Armed Assault PUBLIC BETA Patch v1.05.5143 Available

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Assault PUBLIC BETA Patch v1.05.5143 Available

Build 5143 (includes client and dedicated server platform) available to download.

Read all about it: HERE

Straight from the horses mouth :

It requires original version of ArmA fully updated to 1.05 and it is a betaversion and not proper tested release. It's released to give us some more feedback for the full proper patch under development. See below for more details.

It should work alongside your latest ArmA version, it should support all available language editions. However, any type of problems are possible and we strongly advice you not to download this patch unless you ready to face any such problems and still want to participate with testing and feedback that may help us to improve full official patch 1.07 that will be released later.

Some of the changes in patch also needs tweaking of missions and data which are not present with this patch that provides only the updated binaries.

And there's more .....

ArmA: Armed Assault BETA Patch 1.05.5143 README

WARNING: THIS IS AN INTERIM PUBLIC BETAVERSION. IT'S NOT A FULL TESTED STABLE RELEASE.
    USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

THIS BETA VERSION IS RELEASED FOR PUBLIC BETATESTING PURPOSES ONLY.

2007 Bohemia Interactive Studio. All rights reserved.

This application will update your ArmA: Armed Assault with engine beta version 1.05.5143

www.bistudio.com

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
    ====================

ORIGINAL VERSION OF ARMA:ARMED ASSAULT 1.05.
    IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVE ANY PREVIOUS VERSION OF ARMA (1.0, 1.01 OR 1.02), YOU NEED TO INSTALL OFFICIAL UPDATE 1.05 FIRST

HOW TO INSTALL THE BETA
    =======================
    Run the exe to apply the setup automatically.

It will install all beta content to a mod folder "BETA" and STARTBETAPATCH.BAT to your ArmA directory (default is C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA

There's no uninstall option. To remove the beta you need to manually delete the "BETA" directory and STARTBETAPATCH.BAT from your main game directory.

HOW TO RUN THE BETA
    ===================

You still can run your existing ArmA 1.05 normally by the existing shortcuts and as far as we know, the beta shouldn't interfere with your game so even after you installed the beta you should be able to install this beta patch normally.

To run beta 5143, you need to start STARTBETAPATCH.BAT in your ArmA game dirctory (defaul C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA).

BETA
    ====

This beta contains only engine update. It doesn't contain any data releated changes (like missions fixes), which may lead into strange results in gameplay as missions don't reflect any changes made in the engine.

iT should be compatible with existing last official release 1.05 in multiplayer, however using it may also lead to some unexpected results.

CHANGELOG
    =========

5136 - New: -world=empty command line option for faster game loading (no island and no menu animation loaded)

5136 - Fixed: MP - command #exec allowed only for logged (not voted) admin
    5136 - Fixed: UI - Tooltips are kept is screen safe area, not in the UI area

5136 - Fixed: MP - dynamically created helicopters handle "FLY" flag correctly now

5136 - Fixed: Peripheral vision are kept is screen safe area, not in the UI area

5137 - Fixed: Increased thrust when hovering stable in VTOL mode.

5137 - New: Player can use Eject to disembark the vehicle while leaving engine on.

5137 - Fixed: AI Strykers were not firing when player was not using iron sights / optics.

5137 - Fixed: Haze was too strong with large viewdistance.

5137 - Fixed: Reduced shadowing caused by the terrain.

5137 - Fixed: setTerrainGrid was not reset when a new mission was started.

5137 - Fixed: Dedicated server - after #reassign two players could control a single avatar

5137 - Fixed: In-game UI: RMB now sends target also to the units selected in the menu (when SPACE is holding)

5137 - Fixed: AI - Cars now can plan path through bushes (but tries to avoid them in Stealth mode)
    5137 - Fixed: AI getting into player driven ship or helicopter was sometimes going to wrong position

5137 - Fixed: AI Ships now can reach shallow water (but very carefully)
    5137 - Fixed: Ships - searching a place where to go for get in / get out improved
    5137 - Fixed: MP - Type of remote objects was not sometimes recognized correctly (for example in function nearestObjects)

5137 - Fixed: head movement not visible on players in vehicle

5137 - Fixed: Freelook still forced when changing from cargo to secondary turret

5137 - Fixed: AI sometimes did not take off NVG after skipTime was used.

5137 - Changed: Less strict color coding for ping values.

5137 - Fixed: Explosions no longer cause any objects flying high.

5137 - Fixed: Some vehicles were not damaged when satchel charges exploded near them on the bridge.
    5137 - Fixed: Man state was not updated frequently enough on some conditions (for instance two players in the same vehicle)

5137 - Fixed: Different selection of points where to get in / get out the ship

5138 - Fixed: Gear action, when inside vehicle, gear action use this vehicle as an items container

5138 - Fixed: Measures implemented to avoid textures being placed in AGP,
    which often caused degraded performance after prolonged playing.

5138 - Optimized: Grass depth of field is now performed only with Postprocess set to Very high.

5138 - Fixed: Muzzle flash texture is preloaded now

5138 - Fixed: Wounded player is stuck in the water.

5138 - Fixed: Getting into vehicles - both player and AI now handle correctly exact cargo position

5138 - Fixed: Fixed performance issue when using Postprocess Effect High (related to grass blurring)

5138 - Fixed: Ships - faster movement in shallow water

5138 - Fixed: Separate get in point can be defined for each cargo position

5139 - Fixed: function "selectWeapon" now switches character pose when launcher is selected

5139 - Fixed: function setMousePosition is working correctly again (broken when HW cursors was introduced)

5139 - Fixed: Releasing Alt in a vehicle should center view vertically

5139 - Fixed: Zoom out and initial zoom settings for infantry 3D optics and 1st person view
    5139 - Fixed: Vehicles did not rearm when no ammo was remaining

5139 - Fixed: Mission editor - objects which cannot float are placed underwater now

5139 - Fixed: All input ignored after MP session left while chat window still open.

5139 - Fixed: UI - selector active row highlighting was clipped to controls group

5139 - Fixed: UI - wrong focus switching from expanded combo box (through click on the other control)

5139 - Fixed: Improved AI path following when moving slow.

5139 - Fixed: Improved AI car path planning in combat mode near roads.

5140 - Fixed: Multiple dedicated servers on a single PC - wrong port was shown in the title and reported to GameSpy

5140 - Fixed: Exhaust particle original position and speed improved

5140 - Fixed: VoN issues with server behind firewall fixed

5140 - Fixed: AI - heavy wheeled vehicles now can drive through bushes

5140 - Fixed: AI cars avoided water even when canFloat = true was given in the config
    5140 - Added: function createMissionDisplay
    - Added: function joinSilent

5140 - Fixed: Vehicle commanding - after player switched to driver and then to commander, driver did not follow orders sometimes

5140 - Fixed: External camera of the soldier was placed inside objects sometimes

5142 - Fixed: Tracks were drawn under the bridge

5142 - Fixed: Salute and SitDown should work as toggle actions (also their radio protocol sentence fixed)

5142 - Fixed: MP - handling / reporting the current and maximum number of players was wrong sometimes

5142 - Fixed: UI - Gear dialog - weapon overview improved

5142 - Fixed: functions commandGetOut, doGetOut - units returns to formation when finished

5142 - Improved: Moving of external camera of the soldier is much smoother now
    @param cam in/out camera position relative to camBase
    @param focusPos focus point relative to camBase

5142 - Fixed: AI - path planning improved (more smooth transition between plans)

5142 - Fixed: Improved helicopters enaging targets.

5142 - New: Helicopter animation controllers cyclicForward and cyclicAside added.

5142 - New: User action ZoomOutToggle. Mapped to 2xNumpadMinus as default.

5142 - Fixed: Config entry predictSpeedCoef no longer needed - speed prediction now based on looped/nonlooped.
    This should help AI predicting solider movement in transitions like when seeing someone going prone.

5142 - Fixed: Improved target scanning for fast moving units.

5142 - Fixed: In-game UI - vehicle position icons in the status bar and commanding menu

5142 - Fixed: Map info (commands, friendly and enemy units) is now saving into game save

5142 - Fixed: On "Cannot create system memory surface: 8007000e" error, some memory is flushed which may help the game continuing.

5142 - Fixed: scripting function "magazines" ignore empty (virtual) magazines

5142 - Fixed: Buldozer crash - non-streaming landscapes not supported.

5142 - Fixed: Reduced virtual address space usage on computers with 1 GB or more of RAM.

5142 - Fixed: Eye adaption was reset when getting in/out of the vehicle (most visible with NVG)

5142 - Fixed: AI boat movement precision and path finding improved.

5142 - Fixed: AI vehicle braking now smoother.

5143 - Fixed: Slighty improved AI pathfinding in a non-uniform environment.

5143 - Fixed: Tides are now considered for AI path finding.

5143 - Fixed: Possible server crash during NAT negotiation

5143 - Fixed: Assigning roles display - clipping of enable / disable AI icon in list of roles

5143 - Fixed: Better movement of convoys on roads

5143 - Fixed: NV goggles eye accomodation was reset, when returning to a paused game

5143 - Fixed: Gear screen in briefing - magazines was multiplied sometimes

5143 - Fixed: Clipping of some briefings on the right edge

5143 - Fixed: Distant grass layer follows roads more closely.

5143 - New: New config value soundBurst to allow playing sound for each bullet in a burst
    sigpic
    | |
    TG ArmA Pathfinder
    One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Re: ArmA public beta patch available

Thanks for this update, Buccaneer. Some nice changes in there.

Comment

A few more major patches like this and the game will be solid.

Comment

That is why I like BI, they are listening to the people in thier forums and making the proper changes. From the looks of it, there are soo many awesome tweaks in the beta release, that I am excited for the next patch.
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

are we going to host this i sure hope we do sounds like a nice patch

Comment

This patch is a beta, so you run it through an alternative executable file. This means your install doesn't change, and you can still run ArmA 1.05 if you feel like it.

So far, the collective opinion is that this patch increases FPS across the board, as well as a host of other bugs. I'm very happy with it.

Comment

So we don't need the beta to play on the servers?

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Re: Armed Assault Public Beta Patch v1.05.5143 Available

I've put up a v1.05.5143 Beta server. You'll need to be running the v1.05.5143 Public Beta patch to join this server.

Note that installing this patch will not hurt your existing v1.05 installation of Armed Assault. This beta patch is configured to run as a mod (from a separate directory), so none of your default game files will be affected. Simply follow the directions for running the patch and you should be able to access the new content. See information in the first post of this thread for directions on how to download, install, and run the patch.

Server details are available here.

Comment

Re: Armed Assault PUBLIC BETA Patch v1.05.5143 Available

I've seen very few people on this server. Is almost nobody interested in trying out the new content?

Comment

Originally posted by Strag View Post
                    I've seen very few people on this server. Is almost nobody interested in trying out the new content?
                    I'd try it but the problem is that I'm using a Morphicon.de dl'd version of ArmA and there are issues with there being so many versions available for ArmA. There are a number of users (life myself) that are on the second of three activation codes so if something messes up, we're stuck waiting up to a few weeks for new codes to be e-mailed.

I've heard that the above may hold especially true for users who dl'd from Sprocket but that's hearsay unless anyone here can confirm it.

I would recommend to everyone who's willing to try the beta to just be careful and back up your current install to a separate location. This practice has paid off for my friends and I more than once and can save you a lot of headaches if you want to roll back to your last stable install.

Comment

Originally posted by -Duke- View Post
                      I'd try it but the problem is that I'm using a Morphicon.de dl'd version of ArmA and there are issues with there being so many versions available for ArmA. There are a number of users (life myself) that are on the second of three activation codes so if something messes up, we're stuck waiting up to a few weeks for new codes to be e-mailed.
                      I'm using the same version myself. This beta patch does not overwrite any of your existing ArmA files. Instead, it creates a completely separate subdirectory and dumps all of the patch files in there. Then, if you want to play the patched version, you simply run the included batch file. The game is launched from the new subdirectory, with the new patch content being treated like a mod.

None of your original v1.05 files are touched. If you want to play the unpatched version of the game, you simply start it as you currently start v1.05. I don't think people realize this, even though it's explicitly stated in the patch installation instructions.

In any case, if folks aren't interested in trying out the new content, I'll likely take this server down. There's no reason to occupy the resources if they aren't being used.

Comment

I think he's referring to activations Strag, not the install itself. I actually just requested my activations be reset for my sprocket download. I didn't even need it, I just knew I would when the next patch came out and I didn't want to be stuck waiting for sprocket before I could play.

Comment

Originally posted by BHack View Post
                          I think he's referring to activations Strag, not the install itself. I actually just requested my activations be reset for my sprocket download. I didn't even need it, I just knew I would when the next patch came out and I didn't want to be stuck waiting for sprocket before I could play.
                          This is exactly what I meant, sorry if my post was a bit hazy.

I too find myself on my last activation so I'm a bit worried if things go sideways I'm stuck waiting for Morphicon to send me new activation codes.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why you only get 3 in the first place.

Comment

Well, again, this doesn't affect any of your existing game files, so your activations would not be in jeopardy. I have the same Morphicon version as you, Duke, and have not had any problems running the beta content.

By this point, the May patch isn't that far away (hopefully), so this is close to being moot anyway. Hopefully folks will see improvements once the final version of the patch is released.

Comment

I tried the patch, then my computer started constantly BSODing. I couldn't start any game without this happening. I updated drivers, checked all the connections inside, etc, but couldn't get it figured out. Finally, I deleted the patch, did a restore, and now my computer works.

this doesn't mean that the patch caused all my problems, but I am scared of going through that mess again, and won't try the patch again because of the possibility.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X