Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ArmA: Just Like You Imagined (video, with A10s)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA: Just Like You Imagined (video, with A10s)

Quoting from my post on the ArmA forum about this:
    This video was inspired by both the excellent "300" movie trailer from awhile back as well as the terrible ArmA trailer that Atari recently released. This was created on one day in the space of about five hours.

It's an abbreviated look at an attack from the North Sahrani against the South Sahrani forces.

Oh yeah, and there are A-10s in this footage. ;)

Enjoy.

Download ArmA: Just Like You Imagined

Re: ArmA: Just Like You Imagined (video, with A10s)

Awesome vid!

I even hate to ask what your system specs are to get in-game footage like that. Makes me want to upgrade the beast.

Comment

Lookin good, A10's are going to be very dangerous with those hellfires.

Comment

WOW....Dslyecxi you continue to stun me with these shots from AA. I wish I could play it but I doubt my system could handle it. Not to mention I'd really want it to look like THAT! WOW!

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMerica View Post
          Awesome vid!

I even hate to ask what your system specs are to get in-game footage like that. Makes me want to upgrade the beast.
          I read one of the D-man's posts on the beta patch before the patch was available, he describes his system here.

He is running a C2D, I would assume no overclock because he states 2.4 GHz. His card is an ATI 1950XTX. Very good gear, but not bleeding edge.

What I have found with ARMA is that it will find your system bottlenecks. My system is a 4400X2 (10x285), 2x1G RAM & 7950 GX2 vid card. Initially, iwas running ARMA from my IDE HD RAID 0 array. I thought that because the sustained read was about as fast as a single 1.5 SATA HD I would be OK.

Nope. I couldn't get much past low to normal settings with low view distances. I bought a RaptorX HD, loaded XP & ARMA and what a difference! ARMA played much more smoothly and I was getting some details that were previoulsy dropped. The IDE RAID array was bottlenecking my cpu with this game. The new HD was a very good upgrade for me in regard to ARMA.

After reading several of D's posts and watching several of his videos, I wondered what type of system specs he had also. I was somewhat surprised to see that it was not so bleeding edge. It's a very solid system. I also think that he does excellent post production work on his videos as well. His videos are always a treat to watch.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of the music, but this video is spectacularly well shot and edited. Great job Dsly. Definitely a nice thing to show people to introduce them to the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X