Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if you didn't know... US demo out now...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you didn't know... US demo out now...

FYI...
    www.fileplanet.com and I'm sure other places too...

ArmA Demo [US Version]
    The 876mb download includes three multiplayer modes, three singleplayer missions and a limited version of the mission editor.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: if you didn't know... US demo out now...

You can download the U.K. version off Sprocket now, for those who don't know.
    Life in Bogota is a lot like a big box of Colombian chocolates. You never know when you'll get blown up by the FARC.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
      FYI...

ArmA Demo [US Version]
      The 876mb download includes three multiplayer modes, three singleplayer missions and a limited version of the mission editor.
      Is there any word if the performance fixes found their way into this demo vs. the original demo?

*Edit* Just downloaded the US demo and took a short spin. Definitely much snappier than the European demo fps wise!
      Last edited by Brewski; 04-16-2007, 05:13 PM.

Comment

I just downloaded and trying it now, I had huge freezing problems with uk demo/retail

Comment

Dl-ing now, want to see if any performance increases have been realized for my pussy system. Demo server isn't up I suppose.

Comment

Played it, runs fine but still Freeze when I hit escape and when I goto gear :(

Comment

Just FYI, most sites I've seen list a single player component to the demo, but I don't see it in game and the readme says it's not included as well.
              New to TG?

Comment

Is this demo fully representative of the full game?

I just can't get used to the controls in AA. Guess I've been playing shooters too long. Movement just feels funky.

I'll try it again after a day or so. Form a fresh opinion. I do like the TrackIR support though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lith1um View Post
                  Is this demo fully representative of the full game?

I just can't get used to the controls in AA. Guess I've been playing shooters too long. Movement just feels funky.

I'll try it again after a day or so. Form a fresh opinion. I do like the TrackIR support though.
                  Its clunky, and the character models are bland, but it doesn't even run well..on my system..jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid View Post
                    Just FYI, most sites I've seen list a single player component to the demo, but I don't see it in game and the readme says it's not included as well.
                    You can just set up a locked coop server using the AI teammates, which is basically the same as single player.
                    New to TG?

Comment

Guys with the controls.. I would try setting up no deadzone for the "look". I definitely couldn't get used to the fact that I could move my mouse sideways and the gun would aim left, but the body wouldn't move.

Comment

Same question as lith1um, is the demo represenitive of the full game. Only tryed single player, and it fells like its missing something. The game runs fine, with half decent gfx compaired to most of todays games. I think I will give it another try tomorow, see if its any better, and if I can get into it then, ill probily buy it soon, if I cant, probily wait untill a price drop. Unless you can convice me that the demo doesnt demonstrate the full.

Edit, Im also going to give multiplayer a try, assuming the demo has it, since ill spend most of my time in that fighting with TG.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellswaters View Post
                          Same question as lith1um, is the demo represenitive of the full game. Only tryed single player, and it fells like its missing something. The game runs fine, with half decent gfx compaired to most of todays games. I think I will give it another try tomorow, see if its any better, and if I can get into it then, ill probily buy it soon, if I cant, probily wait untill a price drop. Unless you can convice me that the demo doesnt demonstrate the full.

Edit, Im also going to give multiplayer a try, assuming the demo has it, since ill spend most of my time in that fighting with TG.
                          To be honest, I've only played one or two missions in singleplayer, and I own the full game. There just isn't any comparison (in my opinion) between singleplayer ArmA and multiplayer ArmA. This game shines when played with other people, and also with custom missions and mods.

Judging ArmA by its singleplayer aspects is like judging a Porsche 911 without ever taking it out of the driveway.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X