This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dissapointed. to say the least

i have been toying with this game since its release in England earlier this year, and decided to jump into the TG servers for some games. now, my experience i am sorry to say was depressing, and its not often if ever at all that i have had this experience. i will not name names, because i don't think its right nor fair to highlight who was doing what.

however i notice that in this very forum you have a post by an admin saying, jump in don't be nervous and you will be treated with understanding and respect. well that's not the case tonight. to some peoples credit, it is true and i thank all those that helped with some of the areas I'm still not familiar with, however, on team speak with an admin present i don't expect to have my handle made fun of, i don't expect people to be told no when someone asks for a bit of silence for coordination and i certainly do not expect to die in my home base because members of the pass-worded server are assing around with grenade launchers.

now the tk's on myself were accidental, but avoidable because people were shooting each other and cluttering up the radio whilst a mission was in progress tking one another...

further more in the spirit of helping, is it so hard to stay civil when someone is having a problem, 3 times i was yelled at because i was having trouble getting my menue for entering a helo to come up and once another person was yelled at for asking a question about the mission.

delete this post if you will admins, i hope you dont and i hope anyone in tonight can reflect on this for an experience that a first time TG player on the server has come away with, i pretty much guarantee its probably a one off, but i dont know... i think ill stick to Project reality for a while longer. and i would like to add here that all the other servers i have ever been on in the 5-8 years i have been comming here have all been respectful and a credit to the staff and team here. and i am sorry to post this at all, believe me i truely am.

DudeMan

www.TeamElement.com

Re: dissapointed. to say the least

Hey mate, i was on with you, and it was only my second night of having the game. Yea, the server is VERY different to PR, where the admins seem to actually do keep the rules in check (Root, Coridon etc).

I havn't gave up on ArmA yet, but it will take a few more people on the server to make it something special.

I for one enjoyed playing with you mate!

Comment

and i with you jeepo, i did say but i will say again just to make it clear, it was not everyone, and you and bhak and a few others helped me with silly little questions i had to ask,

and i played Operation Flashpoint to extinction i know the game type, i was just shocked by disregard for orders, catty remarks to members, insults and people making fun of my name, even though im sitting in teamspeak in a passworded channel... etc etc... please anyone who did not do any of these who was playing, i dont mean you.... i just dont want to name names and make enemies on the first game day... just voice my dissappointment with things i consider completely anti TG...

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

dude please PM the admins about this. Really something that needs to addressed, and i think i have an idea about who is doing it. You should never feel like this after a Game Especailly on a TG server. Totally uneceptable, kind of a reason ive stayed away from it.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Unfortunately Dudeman, I have to agree... seems a new breed of players lately then the TG of yesterday, I rarely play on the server anymore... and you should call them out by name. IMO.

What you said and this new TG evolving around exclusive squads instead of TG as a whole. Kinda lost the luster that TG was/is famous for lately. JMO.

But I do thank TG for some of the greatest tactical gameplay ever before the new trend. ;)
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I was on with you as well, and I agree with you. I've been playing ArmA with TG since the Czech release last November, and tonight was by far the worst example of what TG stands for that I've ever witnessed. Don't let this steer you away, as it's a rare occurance.
            TG Regular
            TGU Staff
            ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
            Evil Koala
            LeftSkidLow

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
              Unfortunately Dudeman, I have to agree... seems a new breed of players lately then the TG of yesterday, I rarely play on the server anymore... and you should call them out by name. IMO.

What you said and this new TG evolving around exclusive squads instead of TG as a whole. Kinda lost the luster that TG was/is famous for lately. JMO.

But I do thank TG for some of the greatest tactical gameplay ever before the new trend. ;)
              well on the advice of trooper i have agreed and Pmed the game officer with the name of the most prominant, unfortunately because i was in game i didnt get all the names... and i dont want to do it publically for the sake of the forum, it will degrade and turn into something bad,

just maybe a few well known faces come out of the woodwork and express their problems will im sure see a change.

Originally posted by Evil Koala View Post
              I was on with you as well, and I agree with you. I've been playing ArmA with TG since the Czech release last November, and tonight was by far the worst example of what TG stands for that I've ever witnessed. Don't let this steer you away, as it's a rare occurance.

fear not i am thick skinned, and to be honest love playing these games far too much to let a bad game spoil it...

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I was there aswell, and I just want to reiterate that tonight was a unique event. I rarely see that kind of behavior on these servers. However, I think you'll find if you stick around that the TG guys are VERY team oriented when we don't have the kids and loners around.

I'd say give it a second chance, come hop in with us some other time when we don't have as many kids around. I know from personal experience the potential that this game and the TG members have, it's just hard to always get that perfect coordination when we have people around that are un-willing to cooperate with the squad.

Don't let one bad experience ruin it for you! ArmA is a great game, especially on TG.

Also, Evolution is getting stagnant unless ALL players are willing to work together.

Comment

rgr that i am going nowhere, its better to deal with glitches than leave them for someone else.

and i have it on very good authority, (Frijole) another member, that he has had some kickass games, so im not turned off the game...

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Tonight was indeed pathetic, and counter to what TG stands for, but it was very much the exception. Hop on tomorrow or another night and I'm sure you'll be pleased by the level of teamwork, discipline and coordination. If you let this one bad experience keep you out of the game, then you're missing out. Magnum, you should drop by the server one night and check it out. I think you'd be suprised.

I can honestly say I don't remember you or anyone else being "yelled at" for anything. Unless a person was breaking rules, I can't imagine any of the people who populate the server being hostile like that. If I just missed it, and it did happen, then there really is a serious problem.

Trooper, Magnum, I've never seen you guys around the server in the past two weeks. I haven't run into this kind of problem before on ANY TG server before, as it should be. I think everyone would like to have you guys around the server. If you'd give it a shot, you'd find a really high quality of play, with this one sad exception. Jump on the server and we'll show you a good time.
                    Life in Bogota is a lot like a big box of Colombian chocolates. You never know when you'll get blown up by the FARC.

Comment

i cant say it enough, this is not a post saying i am not comming back, absolutely not.... have no worries about that..

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Obviously this is directed towards me, so let me respond. Mercenarius and I were bored of playing Evolution for the umpteen millionth time and were killing each other for fun in the air base. This is literally the first time we've ever done this, and only because the server's been running the same mission for weeks now. At only one point did I actually shoot someone else (you), for which I apologized for profusely. All the other times Mercenarius and I were running around an in open area shooting each other, which I don't think hurt anyone else in any way. If that totally ruined your view of the entire game, then... ok, that doesn't really make sense to me.

And on your other comments, I was on the entire time and I can't recall anyone ever being yelled at? Can you state what this is about?

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan View Post
                          and i with you jeepo, i did say but i will say again just to make it clear, it was not everyone, and you and bhak and a few others helped me with silly little questions i had to ask,

and i played Operation Flashpoint to extinction i know the game type, i was just shocked by disregard for orders, catty remarks to members, insults and people making fun of my name, even though im sitting in teamspeak in a passworded channel... etc etc... please anyone who did not do any of these who was playing, i dont mean you.... i just dont want to name names and make enemies on the first game day... just voice my dissappointment with things i consider completely anti TG...
                          Just one more note, I don't understand this post. What orders were disregarded? And I would hardly say anyone was throwing around insults, we just play with each other almost every night and pick on each other sometimes, that's part of the fun. Lastly, when was your name made fun of? I must have totally missed this. Not trying to pick a fight or anything, I just don't recall seeing any of this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaZombie View Post
                            Obviously this is directed towards me, so let me respond. Mercenarius and I were bored of playing Evolution for the umpteen millionth time and were killing each other for fun in the air base. At only one point did I actually shoot someone else (you), for which I apologized for profusely. All the other times Mercenarius and I were running around an in open area shooting each other, which I don't think hurt anyone else in any way. If that totally ruined your view of the entire game, then... ok, that doesn't really make sense to me.

And on your other comments, I was on the entire time and I can't recall anyone ever being yelled at? Can you state what this is about?
                            It wasnt you two TKing that irritated me so much.. You at least tried to keep it between yourselves and werent blowing up mission assests, so whatever.. It doesnt bother me.. What does bother me was some of the rude reply's that were given on TS to some basic questions as well as whoever's refusal to clear the channel after being requested, so that the mission could continue. I dont have an overlay so I dont know who it was, but someone was really out of line.
                            TG Regular
                            TGU Staff
                            ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
                            Evil Koala
                            LeftSkidLow

Comment

I went AFK a lot tonight, dealing with some family issues, so I might have totally missed that part Koala. If that's so, I agree, that's really out of line.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X