This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Suggestions to Enhance the Private Server

In lieu of DudeMan's post (Which raised some flags with me aswell), I've decided to open a thread for suggestions to enhance teamplay on the server. Throw in any ideas you have, and I'll do the same:

-First, maybe we should have a strict athourity system that will effetively "Force" players to follow squad-leader's orders and stick with him. If a player violates this, maybe implement some sort of punishment? I think one loner has the ability to throw off an entire round if there isn't a strong hold within the squad members

-Kick loners?

Re: Some Suggestions to Enhance the Private Server

I agree completely. I know we pick on Moore for going lone wolf, but I don't want him to think this is directed towards him :P Everybody does it at times, and it completely ruins the server sometimes. Everything will be going fine, then 1-2 people go off to do stuff on their own, and before you know it the squad is completely disbanded running around willy-nilly.

Comment

Hey guys, I've already made a post in the admins to discuss a similar topic based on last nights gaming and prior to that I have confirmed our sentiment on Evolution games vs Coop games.

Evolution presents a different framework from other games. It DOES allow players to split into separate squads, play solo etc. The resources should be shared between those squads accordingly and fairly,. but no SL has the right to "control" the entire server.

A traditional Co-op mission on the other hand presents a very different framework. Most if not all of the missions are more "serious" and require stricter operating standards than an Evolution style. Last night was horrendous and I blame myself for not stepping in to instill some law & order. I think the primary problem is some people ared used to playing Evolution for weeks on end have forgotten or have never been taught to play a "serious" mission.

I personally promise to begin teaching and enforcing our policies more strictly, especially when we are playing a mission that demands that. Last night wasn't what I've come to expect from TG and I take full responsibility for not directing it as such.

Comment

If we have enough people on the server to be splitting into separate squads, I'd like to see use of the TS channels. And to evenly distribute air assets, have 1 or 2 pilots form their own squad, use the Air Element TS channel and have the squads call them for support.

That way one squad isnt taking up a helicopter thats sitting on the ground in the field because the pilot wanted to do some ground pounding with the rest of his squad.
        TG Regular
        TGU Staff
        ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
        Evil Koala
        LeftSkidLow

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Koala View Post
          If we have enough people on the server to be splitting into separate squads, I'd like to see use of the TS channels. And to evenly distribute air assets, have 1 or 2 pilots form their own squad, use the Air Element TS channel and have the squads call them for support.

That way one squad isnt taking up a helicopter thats sitting on the ground in the field because the pilot wanted to do some ground pounding with the rest of his squad.
          This has worked wonderfully in the past.. I was leading a squad over the weekend with Panzer as the fire-team leader and when we had enough members we split with Panzer taking another squad to a separate channel. Each squad had a dedicated pilot (I think you were mine), but also a radio man to coordinate between the squads (such as requesting the other squad's pilot to perform pickups). I would love to see us do this as often as possible and also would love to see some other members be willing to "lead" in these situations.

This kind of play IS what we want from ArmA at TG.

Comment

For the record, I think the ideas that people have had are great. I think the only way we're going to enhance the server is by not just coming up with ideas to strengthen teamwork, but ways to ENFORCE these rules.

Comment

No fear guys. The Admins have been discussing this all day and you should expect a more structured SOP and Rule driven experience from here on out.

That will mean some potential friction as we try to smooth the bumps out, but please be understanding that TG expects its players to play a certain way AND those wearing a TG tag will be held to the highest standard.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaZombie View Post
                I agree completely. I know we pick on Moore for going lone wolf...
                Heh..because he is on like 30 hrs a day... when we sleep..he hunts...
                |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

give the private server back to supporting members only.

When you make a cash commitment, you usually show maturity and a desire to be a "tactical gamer".
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post

When you make a cash commitment, you usually show maturity and a desire to be a "tactical gamer".
                    completely agree and i know it would get rid of the problem players. I seem players on TS that i have never seen on the forums.
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

I'm sorry, I'm not telling you what to do here (it is your server), but that is very flawed logic. Because someone is willing to shell out some money every month does not mean they are mature players who only play for teamwork (Look at any MMO). Instead of forcing people to pay to play with TG, maybe the rules should just be enforced and problem players banned/kicked? Makes more sense to me.

And don't take this as me being cheap, I'm gonna start supporting in a couple weeks when I get my new job, but I don't agree with the "people who pay are mature" concept.

Comment

I like this idea. We might lose some people who are unwilling to make the commitment (which might be ok), but it will clear the way for existing TGers to try the game. With the new demo, I feel that we need to put up a demo server, and try a weekend dedicated to it. Push it, put it on the front page. There are TGers who want to try this out, but have stopped by on Teamspeak, and are scared away, either by the lack of known faces, or by the conversations going on. Thoughts?

Comment

It wasnt a directed comment, but from what i have experienced it does mean that. Ive had better games with some select Sms that i would have never had with those who arent. Ive noticed the people who actually pay for the servers, actually care more for how they are run.
                          -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
                            completely agree and i know it would get rid of the problem players. I seem players on TS that i have never seen on the forums.
                            I'm sorry, but that's a miserable idea. Not only does it exclude non-supporting members completely, but it chops down an already small userbase. Not only that, but some of us are still in our teens and aren't able to be supporting members even if we had the money. Personally, I find the suggestion almost offensive.

I've played with several supporting members, and I find some of them are less mature and less coordinated than their non-supporting counterparts. Don't screw it up for the rest of us just because you had a bad game or two, children.

All that needs to be done is to determine who is a serious player and weed out the lone-wolfs and kiddies. NOT turn TG into another pay-to-play server.

I think we shoulod just adopt a zero-tolerance policy for people who don't contribute to the team. Common courtesy be damned if it means fixing the server.

Comment

Originally posted by GotheriK View Post
                              I'm sorry, but that's a miserable idea. Not only does it exclude non-supporting members completely, but it chops down an already small userbase. Not only that, but some of us are still in our teens and aren't able to be supporting members even if we had the money. Personally, I find the suggestion almost offensive.

I've played with several supporting members, and I find some of them are less mature and less coordinated than their non-supporting counterparts. Don't screw it up for the rest of us just because you had a bad game or two, children.

All that needs to be done is to determine who is a serious player and weed out the lone-wolfs and kiddies. NOT turn TG into another pay-to-play server.

I think we shoulod just adopt a zero-tolerance policy for people who don't contribute to the team. Common courtesy be damned if it means fixing the server.
                              Thats fine and you can think that. It wasnt ment to be offensive, but TG SMs are the reason people can play on the servers. And being so makeing a private server SM only is not new or anything that was just thought up. BF2 has its own Private server for SMs only. SWAT, back when, was SMs only. Maybe night everynight but a few nights a week would just fine for my tastes, would get me to actually play the game.

And please dont refere to us as children again, i dont take lightly do disrepect.
                              -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...