X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Flashpoint 2

Quite the timing here:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=24322

I am simply interested in seeing how they can do this without Bohemia. It took BI several years to do this, and they just updated their engine, and have the VBS team. How is Codemasters doing this so quickly?

Re: Operation Flashpoint 2

Now we know why Bohemia "rushed" the initial release of ArmedAssault. Thank god they have addressed a lot of the initial issues through the later patches.
    Last edited by PanzerHans; 04-19-2007, 01:25 PM.
    --
    VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

also, have you guys heard anything about 'game2'?its the only name it is going by is 'game 2'. As far as i can understand it, it is a sequal to Op Flashpoint, but not a direct successor?maybe im all confubbled though!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boudreux View Post
        Quite the timing here:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=24322

I am simply interested in seeing how they can do this without Bohemia. It took BI several years to do this, and they just updated their engine, and have the VBS team. How is Codemasters doing this so quickly?
        They've already been working on the game for 2 years. The in game shot looks amazing.

Comment

well ill be buying it... the first game was amazing,

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I would be in the queue for this one too.
            sigpic
            | |
            TG ArmA Pathfinder
            One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

ditto

Comment

Is the Codemaster version staying true to it's realism roots?

Comment

ArmA is the "successor" in the sense it carried the actual game engine and developers forward. OFP2 is a new game carrying the OFP title in name only. I'm very interested to see if they are actually going to stick with the realistic shooter or if they have chosen to take a pretty "racing" game engine and made it a bf2 clone. Regardless this is almost an automatic buy for me unless the reviews are pretty terrible.

Comment

QFT Shiner.

I am just worried if this will be dumbed down for the console crowd. I hope not.
                    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I was reading through the codemasters forums. It is interesting to see that so many believe Armed Assault is just a bigger BF2 and is an arcade shooter. They are believe OFP2 is going to be a real combat sim and Armed Assault is for kids who wanted more vehicles than BF2 had. Even the people who claim to have played the demo/retail still are convinced that Armed Assault is as arcadish as BF2.

I think it is funny.
                      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

It's sad to see that even on a forum like this, people don't understand the difference between BIS and Codemasters, or in-game vs pre-rendered "bullshots".

Codemasters owns the Operation Flashpoint name, and that is all.

Bohemia Interactive is the team that made Operation Flashpoint. Codemasters published it.

Bohemia Interactive made Armed Assault, and their Australian team developed Virtual Battlespace 2 off of ArmA.

"Operation Flashpoint 2" is a sequel only in name - it is not being created by the same team, it is being co-developed for consoles and PCs, and it is nowhere near coming out.

It is far too early to say whether or not "OFP2" is going to amount to anything, or have a feature set that can compare to ArmA at that stage down the road (1+ year at a minimum). What is clear at this point, unfortunately, is that the majority of the gaming population is completely oblivious as to who was responsible for OFP and instantly assumes that "oh hey OFP2 will be great because I loved OFP!", when that is not a reasonable assumption to make considering the aforementioned different teams involved.

"Game 2" is what Operation Flashpoint 2 really is. "Game 2" is by BIS, and it has no ETA, but the features that have been discussed for it in the past sound very promising.. and, as usual, very bold in scope.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post

From everything I have read, I would have to agree. Think about it CodeMasters does not have BI to use their awesome game engine for its sequel. Plus, it looks like it will be at best a BF2 style game that has nothing in common with ArmA. On top of that, I have seen where CodeMasters promised OFP2 to be released in 2004. It is now 07 and they are no closer to a sequel that could match the 1st.

I waited a long time for a sequel from CodeMasters to pan out. It simple has never happened. I still believe that they will not produce anything, but that is just my opinion. The game everybody wanted is here now with ArmA, not the future release of OFP2.
                          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

It's sad to see that even on a forum like this, people don't understand the difference between BIS and Codemasters, or in-game vs pre-rendered "bullshots".
                            I think most of us here understand the difference :)

Comment

Bohemia Interactive is the team that made Operation Flashpoint. Codemasters published it.

Bohemia Interactive made Armed Assault, and their Australian team developed Virtual Battlespace 2 off of ArmA.

"Operation Flashpoint 2" is a sequel only in name - it is not being created by the same team, it is being co-developed for consoles and PCs, and it is nowhere near coming out.

It is far too early to say whether or not "OFP2" is going to amount to anything, or have a feature set that can compare to ArmA at that stage down the road (1+ year at a minimum). What is clear at this point, unfortunately, is that the majority of the gaming population is completely oblivious as to who was responsible for OFP and instantly assumes that "oh hey OFP2 will be great because I loved OFP!", when that is not a reasonable assumption to make considering the aforementioned different teams involved.

"Game 2" is what Operation Flashpoint 2 really is. "Game 2" is by BIS, and it has no ETA, but the features that have been discussed for it in the past sound very promising.. and, as usual, very bold in scope.
                              tell me has BIS paid you yet or are you still waiting for the check, what a way to generalise everyones intentions.... in a year or years that has seen crap after crap come out, i dont think people being excited by the prospect of ofp2 no matter what the development team, is unreasonable. ofp was great, and i would think it is a fair assumption that to carry the name, and to put a one up on BIS the developers are going to try and make it better than Arma, ILL BE BUYING IT.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X