Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's such a SAD thing......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It's such a SAD thing......

    :) Hello!

    I am one of your newest member, and this will be my first post. Sorry for my english cause my native tongue is french. :)

    I have been playing online games for about 3 years I would say, so it makes me, and correct me if am wrong quite a noob in that field. I ONLY play games like this one. Mostly military, first person shooters.

    I play this game since 2 weeks ago, and I spend most of my times when not working, playing this game, so it means for many hours a day, for 4 days a week. And I really have to say, that I am very DISSAPPOINTED, to see what I am seeing with this game like any other games, similar to this one. It's such a SAD thing to see, what I see with this GREAT game, online. But 3 years seeing that type of behavior and gaming is a very long time, isn't it?


    Mostly LONERS, RAMBOS, and I don't mention all the RACISTS, and IDIOTS, we meet online with this game and any other games similar to this one. I can't believe that any of these players seen everyday playing this game, have ever played a sport that regroups mostly TEAMWORK. Specialy people leaving in North america, that play or have played those kinda of sports.

    I am not saying by the way that there is no player using TEAMWORK, but mostly thats what we see with games like this one: ME, MYSELF and I. Individualistic behavior that we see mostly in the civilian nature. If players would just stop for a couple of minutes of their playing time, and thing how TEAMWORK, and working has a WHOLE would change their results and the satisfaction, of accomplishing something has a TEAM, they would probably I guess adopt it, well I guess so.... :icon_conf

    I see also a lot od advertising of so called Elite Clan, stipulating using Real Life Tactics, and so far, I did not se anything of that except for some groups of players, in rare occasion, that were demonstrating some sort of coherence, and teamwork, playing this game.

    I am a former military that have spend half of is life in an Elite Regiment in both Forces. The Canadian Forces (10 years) and I have also served (12 years ) in the French Foreign Legion. With so many years in the military, one of the reason I am writing this post, is to ask anyone of you, where are you guy's or former military, that play this game with so sort of COHERENCE and TEAMWORK?

    So where am I going with this thread? Well am fed up of course has you can see here, playing this game over and over, and seeing and earing what I see online.

    But before quiting this game or any other games similar to this one, I was hoping with this post, in a last attempt, to meet some sort of players using and acting like a coherent group of individuals, working and thinking has a group, and for the group ONLY. So is my hope to HIGH guy's? Well I will be the judge of this I guess, in the next few days. So will I wuit the game or not? Hummm.......... time will tell. :row__593:

    Thanks for reading me!

    A friend,

    Black
    Last edited by «JTF-2» Col. Black; 04-29-2007, 03:24 PM.

    Legio Patria Nostra

    * Former member of the 1st Canadian Airborne Regiment, and the French Foreign Legion *

  • #2
    Re: It's such a SAD thing......

    Bonjour Col. Black

    Welcome to Tactical Gamer; Armed Assault.

    Please action the following link: Teamspeak

    Looking forward to seeing you on our servers.
    sigpic
    | |
    TG ArmA Pathfinder
    One pass haul ass - Greed kills

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: It's such a SAD thing......

      Salut!

      Si vous cherchez la collaboration, et un server oů la plupart des jouers connaissent la mot "teamwork", c'est la vrai endroit pour vous.

      Aussi, désolé pour mon français, j'apprends ¬_¬

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: It's such a SAD thing......

        You never said if those problems were on a TG server... and if it was a open TG server then ya, thats what you'll get... but on closed or controlled servers like our TG one you will find tactics and teamwork used...

        So what I say, your playing on the wrong servers then.
        Magnum |TG-18th|


        We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: It's such a SAD thing......

          Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
          You never said if those problems were on a TG server... and if it was a open TG server then ya, thats what you'll get... but on closed or controlled servers like our TG one you will find tactics and teamwork used...

          So what I say, your playing on the wrong servers then.
          Hello!

          I wasn't refering to any of TG servers, I was refering to online gaming on servers found with this game.

          Thank you!

          Black

          Legio Patria Nostra

          * Former member of the 1st Canadian Airborne Regiment, and the French Foreign Legion *

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: It's such a SAD thing......

            Originally posted by mingmong View Post
            Salut!

            Si vous cherchez la collaboration, et un server oů la plupart des jouers connaissent la mot "teamwork", c'est la vrai endroit pour vous.

            Aussi, désolé pour mon français, j'apprends ¬_¬

            Hello!

            Your french is very good for what I see so far. People should try harder like you, on the french and playing with coherence has a group.

            Thanks for replying! :row__593:

            Black

            Legio Patria Nostra

            * Former member of the 1st Canadian Airborne Regiment, and the French Foreign Legion *

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: It's such a SAD thing......

              ArmA at TG is different than any other place you will play, guaranteed. 1st off, the aforementioned issues with slander, individuals and childish behavior are not tolerated here. People here work as a team to accomplish all of their missions, period. You may run across an oddity of a player that does what you say, but that will only happen once.

              We are not a clan so we do not have some arbitrary rank ladder that requires any one person to either lead or follow. We choose our leaders based on the specific mission that we are playing and normally have zero issues that way. After a week online and reading some of the forums, you can easily see whom the regulars are and those are normally the ones who take charge. We also do not have assigned roles generally. Certain people here like certain roles and that is fine. I would hate to ruin anyone’s gaming experience by forcing them into playing something they do not like. Plus some of us simply prefer to not do things like either fly, drive, be support, snipe etc. Again that is fine, we have such a diverse crowd here we have never run across any issues of being short certain skill sets because people fall in where needed.

              One thing we are not is someplace that requires basic training before you can actually play online. That is not how we bring along junior players here. We actually bring them along and encourage them along the way, ingame. We are actually having better luck training people on skills that way. I have played some of the more intense gaming sites/clans (with OFP) and well I hated it. They have taken the fun out of gaming. That being said, we do take tactics seriously. That is the basis for TG. We have a style that is a bit more casual but much more strategizing than most places I have ever seen.

              That all being said, TG may not be for you. It is something you will have to decide once you try it out here. But one thing you can easily see is that there are a huge portion of gamers here who actually support the servers by becoming paying members. How many places you see that players pay to preserve the style of game play versus some arbitrary playing space.
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: It's such a SAD thing......

                black please stick around and play on our servers. You sound like just the player we want, someone who is sick of pubbies and the immature players out there. ANd you wont find a more multi-lingual community.....or something i guess
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: It's such a SAD thing......

                  Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                  ArmA at TG is different than any other place you will play, guaranteed. 1st off, the aforementioned issues with slander, individuals and childish behavior are not tolerated here. People here work as a team to accomplish all of their missions, period. You may run across an oddity of a player that does what you say, but that will only happen once.

                  We are not a clan so we do not have some arbitrary rank ladder that requires any one person to either lead or follow. We choose our leaders based on the specific mission that we are playing and normally have zero issues that way. After a week online and reading some of the forums, you can easily see whom the regulars are and those are normally the ones who take charge. We also do not have assigned roles generally. Certain people here like certain roles and that is fine. I would hate to ruin anyone’s gaming experience by forcing them into playing something they do not like. Plus some of us simply prefer to not do things like either fly, drive, be support, snipe etc. Again that is fine, we have such a diverse crowd here we have never run across any issues of being short certain skill sets because people fall in where needed.

                  One thing we are not is someplace that requires basic training before you can actually play online. That is not how we bring along junior players here. We actually bring them along and encourage them along the way, ingame. We are actually having better luck training people on skills that way. I have played some of the more intense gaming sites/clans (with OFP) and well I hated it. They have taken the fun out of gaming. That being said, we do take tactics seriously. That is the basis for TG. We have a style that is a bit more casual but much more strategizing than most places I have ever seen.

                  That all being said, TG may not be for you. It is something you will have to decide once you try it out here. But one thing you can easily see is that there are a huge portion of gamers here who actually support the servers by becoming paying members. How many places you see that players pay to preserve the style of game play versus some arbitrary playing space.
                  Thank you for taking the time to read me and answer me. Time will tell me if TG server are really for me.

                  Again Thank you! :row__593:

                  Black

                  Legio Patria Nostra

                  * Former member of the 1st Canadian Airborne Regiment, and the French Foreign Legion *

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: It's such a SAD thing......

                    Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                    black please stick around and play on our servers. You sound like just the player we want, someone who is sick of pubbies and the immature players out there. ANd you wont find a more multi-lingual community.....or something i guess
                    Thank you! :row__593:

                    «JTF-2» Col. Black

                    Legio Patria Nostra

                    * Former member of the 1st Canadian Airborne Regiment, and the French Foreign Legion *

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: It's such a SAD thing......

                      Agreed with everything said about the TG servers, from what i have sceen on 2142. I stoped playing it for the same reasons you said black, to many idiots. I did this untill a friend told me about the wonders of TG, now TG is all I play, and as you can see within the short time since ive joined, youve already convinced me to pay. Everything mentioned doesnt exist, you work as a team, if not, kicked. You act mature no racism stuff like that, if your not, kicked.

                      If the ArMa server is open to the public, give it a try black, if not, maybe there should be a public day were people can learn the wonders of TG.

                      On a side note; good to see a fellow canadian, and a former soldier on these forums. Im guessing by your name that your a member of JTF2, if so congrats. For those of you who dont know what JTF2 is, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Task_Force_2 , even though its wiki, the info should be close enough to accurate, not a member of the forces so i cant say if it is or isnt.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: It's such a SAD thing......

                        Originally posted by Hellswaters View Post
                        If the ArMa server is open to the public, give it a try black, if not, maybe there should be a public day were people can learn the wonders of TG.
                        We currently support two ArmA servers, one of which is open to the public via an available password.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: It's such a SAD thing......

                          Originally posted by «JTF-2» Col. Black View Post
                          Thank you for taking the time to read me and answer me. Time will tell me if TG server are really for me.

                          Again Thank you! :row__593:

                          Black
                          I think you're expressing the frustration that most of us experienced before joining TG, and in fact was the impetus for creating TG.

                          Each game here at TG has it's own community and culture, but I think you'll find people here to be welcoming, mature and willing to learn from your experience and share theirs.

                          If you haven't read it already, the TG primer is the place to learn more about our gaming style and philosophy.

                          Welcome to TG!
                          New to TG?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: It's such a SAD thing......

                            Originally posted by USN_Squid View Post
                            I think you're expressing the frustration that most of us experienced before joining TG, and in fact was the impetus for creating TG.
                            I ended up at TG doing a google search for teamwork, mostly because of the same frustrations expressed in this thread (with bf2). Now it has been 2 years and I literally wouldn't bother signing into another server for any of the games I play. In all the clan's I've participated in, I never considered "paying" or contributing, but at TG, I love supporting the community both financially and through volunteering.

                            That being said, this isn't a perfect world and our server won't always live up to our high expectations. We each work hard to improve our own and everyone else's gameplay from crusty old vets like Strag and BigC to the youngest like Santa. This is a great place and the community will only be better if people are willing to make it that way!


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: It's such a SAD thing......

                              Col. first off welcome! Good to see yet another player coming over to TG. I have found a few myself that will hopefully be introducing themselves here soon enough.

                              Secondly, your English is a lot better than a lot of "native" English speakers here. Way to go! :-D

                              Third and lastly can't wait to game with you and I hope you decide to stay with us!

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X