No announcement yet.

Private Server Question (not SM server)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Server Question (not SM server)

I was on today (Sat approx 1400 EST), alone, and of course it was on EVO.. , and I logged on to see that no one was there..but the server obviously had been up for awhile as there were some very nice scores... But I wantted to so a different mission.. So I elected myself KING..er Admin.. and attempted to change or restart the mission with no luck.. Seems the thing is stuck on EVO...
    I can understand that working for hours to get to a rank only to lose it because someone wants a different map is frustrating... but I wanted to play..and a few other NON SM but common TG'ers wanted to play something a bit different (I mean we are talking NON-EVO) .. But we were locked out because of a couple 2-3 players had over 50 pts. It was not their fault but its apparently a server setting that is at issue..

PLEASE drop the server back to default mode so players can pick maps at will and democratically decide if it's going to be a EVO day/night or not..

Have a Great one!

Peardog
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: Private Server Question (not SM server)

PearDog,
    In an attempt to allow Evolution to run its course, we kept it running to allow an attempt to complete it. There were some frustrated people the other say when people kept changing the mission after it had been running for 4 days. So when you come in and simply change it you negate what they were working on. That being said, that is the beauty of Evolution, you can pick up where somebody left off and work towards the mission being completed yourself.

That being said, we are all about giving freedom to players to allow fresh content on the server. We are looking at an modifications that will save peoples score/advancement when the mission is changed for a server crash or simple mission change. But we are quite there yet. Hopefully soon there will be a solution to meet everybody’s needs.

As for the day or night, a moderate fix would that be fair is to all to have it set to a 24 cycle that runs in 1 hour real time.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I understand ..but essentially TG has a Private Evolution server and a SM server..?
      Heh... I guess we could atleast go back to version like 1.2 or 1.3 where you would get a crash now and again.. this one is a bit "too stable"..

The only real issue is coming on with no points with no one around on EVO and all the Good/easy/close points missions are gone.. Forces the new player to reach around the globe for the more difficult missions..

Not a huge deal.. just a concern... I don't want arma to get stale with all those great maps out there (and more coming)...

Peardog..
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

The SM server runs Evo a lot of the time, too.

Comment

Yep..but that can be changed by the voted admin.. I think the Private (non SM) has a large voting threshold that requires a large number /not percentage of votes to change the map... And Admin cannot do it..
          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Another negative seems to be..at this point..when the EVO server does either go down or get completed.. the server defaults ot Battle for Bagango... and there is no way to select another mission...
            I do understand the Strategic Importance of Bagango..due to it's china figurine manufacturing plant.. but I refuse to fight over the town because the Generals wife is a collector of those particular Figurines! .. ;-)
            |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

The voting has been rectified on the public server.... On the SM server, it is simply set to 2 people have to agree on the vote, but you can still change it.

As for the map rotation, that is too easy. We will take a look at changing it up a bit so as to not have the same mission always pop up.
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Rgr..Thanks
                |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse