Worth it ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth it ?

So guys now that AA is out here in Canada\USA is it worth the buy ? Im a fan of the old flashpoint days and 1st person shooters so should i go out and use my EAgamers Card i got for christmas or should i stay on and play PR-bf2 ?

Re: Worth it ?

I play both. However, I find myself playing more POE2 and AA than PR anymore. Everytime I Play PR it makes me want to play AA.

I think it is well worth it. The game is really shaping up. It is still a totally different experience than even PR.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

well if your a fan of OFP then the answer would be yes.

Theres plenty of comments, screens, videos, and reviews thou...If your just "considering" then I would do research on it first.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I find PR and AA play completely different, but employ a similar mindset of teamwork and death penalty. The AA death penalty is pretty steep.. as the respawn area (if there is even respawns on that mission) is often pretty far from the action, forcing you to wait on a chopper pilot to transport you or driving 10 minutes across the map to get back to the conflict zone.

The death penalty induces a very careful and tactical approach. You won't (or shouldn't) see anyone charging ahead into a contested area. Formations need to be maintained, fire disciple and radio discipline are necessary to keep the group coordinated so one person doesn't accidentally alert the enemy to your presence when your in a vulnerable area. Nothing is worse then spending 15 minutes getting setup to assault a town and then getting wiped in the first 60 seconds, but nothing is better than spending 15 seconds getting setup and then proceeding to destroy 40% of the enemies operational capacity in the first 60 seconds and then spending the next 20 minutes cleaning the city up.

We had one instance where a set of choppers delivered my squad of 8 players just on the otherside of a hill from an enemy position. We proceeded up the hill under cover and with a hold fire status, positioned ourselves at the crest, called out target assignments, and then on the fire order we destroyed a t72, bmp, 2 squads of infantry (~10) in less than 5 seconds. That is the pay-off for 15 minutes of arming, flight and setup time and why I think ArmA at TG is worth the $$.

Comment

I play PR mostly, but am trying to get into ArmA, and although slow to take of, im hoping it gets a bigger following now its released to you guys in the colonies!:) Highly recomend it though!!!

Comment

I have one more question guys , how is TG server do we have alot of guys on playing like PR ? I have played the the demo and liked it so...... ahh what the hell i dont see any other game coming in the near future so i guess i will get it ......thx for the help guys ....You to Jeepo !

Comment

not yet, but when v1.07 comes out I think AA will eventually become one of our top games. JMO.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I'll probably DL it tonight :P

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                - Wulfyn

Comment

So i went to my local EA games store and they dont have it and they checked it on there computer and not listed at all ? so i guess i have to buy it online ? huh

Comment

Just got done downloading it. Cool, I got version 1.06 and the server is 1.05. =P

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                    "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                    - Wulfyn

Comment

Originally posted by FLooDY View Post
                      So i went to my local EA games store and they dont have it and they checked it on there computer and not listed at all ? so i guess i have to buy it online ? huh
                      you might try gamestop, I think its part of the same company, but i just went in there today and they have it in their system, and luckly I got there before the last unreserved copy was gone.... which I cant use on TG servers till the 1.07 patch comes out I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by FLooDY View Post
                        Might as well download it. YOu don't have to worry about a disk. That alone makes downloading better, no disk care and no loading the disk into the drive. I download most games anyway.
                        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I just picked it up also, guess i need to spend the time till 1.7 to learn how to shoot and not die. Is there a ETA on 1.7

Comment

A beta 1.07 is coming today and we are investigating options for implementing a server to support those that adopt it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X