Gamespots review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamespots review

Well, as you all know, reviews are long, so im not going to post the entire thing on here, but heres the link. http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ar...g=tabs;reviews

Gamespot gave it a 7.0/10 however the review is WAY worse than mags. Like most of there reviews, it contradicts its self sometimes. The things they like they hate, realism this time, which is the main reason for them docking points.

Another complaint is the AI and how its stupid at times which i agree with.

They also said that the missions are to difficult, expecialy the auxilery missions. In my opinion, they are no walk in the park, but a bit of planning, and thinking you can compleate them So far most missions ive needed to try twice before compleating.

As I said earlier, they complained about realism, this comes in to how they say that 1 bullet can ruin your day. My answer to this is no doubt, as any troop in Iraq or Afganistan and they will admit 1 bullet will ruin your day.

Read it if you want, but its from the prospective of someone who is used to the run and gun shooter, not the thinking. If you want a proper review from someone who knows this type of game, go with mags.

Re: Gamespots review

I'd say its a reasonably fair review actually. Arma is not perfect, but then again, I'm the kind of gamer that BI are targetting. Other, lovers of more arcady experieces may not like it, and they did the right thing by warning them. What they fail to realize is that the graphics engine is good enough, considering I can rampage across a whole island with potentially hundreds of units involved. The other point the miss (mentioning it in only one sentence) is the great replayability via the community and advanced editing and scripting tools.

Gamespot gave Eve a 3/10 when it was launched, IIRC. Not exactly grasping potential there.
    Do or do not, there is no try....
    -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Originally posted by gunjunkie View Post
      ....The other point the miss (mentioning it in only one sentence) is the great replayability via the community and advanced editing and scripting tools.
      Very Good Point... The modding community will MAKE this game better then it is now... by leaps and bounds... and by putting such a powerful mapping/scripting language in, it gives BIS the extra time for a completely new ENGINE for OFP2 or whatever Licenced Name they can use.. Like "Operation Codemasters"... (something like that..) ;-)
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

thats why I hate points... because a review is an opinion, the players opinion of a game...some will agree, some will not, but no one is wrong.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by gunjunkie View Post
          I'd say its a reasonably fair review actually. Arma is not perfect, but then again, I'm the kind of gamer that BI are targetting.
          I agree that the review isnt compleatly trash, things like AI hurt it a bit, however the things they say that suck are what they say make it good.

Dont know why I forgot to mention mods, preaty much every game I have played has had some major mod which saves the game, or makes something great even better. Same thing with ArmA, mods will make it even better.

Comment

Actually if you consider gamespots target audience they where pretty generous.

How many BF2/DOOM type players would actually like ArmA? I don't think many. You can't even bunny hop and it takes SECONDS to switch weapons! Wounds actually affect your movement!

The quote "combat is so unforgiving that a single bullet can, and often will, ruin your day" that pretty much summarizes the mindset.

OMG I CAN'T PWN NOOBS!!!! HOW CAN ONE SHOT KILL ME I AM SOPPOSED TO BE GOD!!!! CANT MAKE U QQ.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X