Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Armed Assault Newb

Hi Guys,

I joined Tactical Gamer because I wanted to work as a team member.

I was checking to see if I can join a MP and I was able to do that, however there was two players there and I didn't want to cause a problem so I left. What I need is for someone to take me under their wings and get me setup to participate in an MP game.

So can someone direct me in the right path to get started?

JohnO
    Knowing is not enough, we must apply.

Willing is not enough, we must DO.

Re: Another Armed Assault Newb

Well youll need eather the 1.5 or the 1.7 beta patchs first, but it looks like you have them. Other than the same version we use a good thing would be a some form of mic for communication (im finding that a mic is more important in ArmA than in 2142) but it isnt manditory. Other than that, just go on and meet some people. Were not a clan or anything, just a group of like minded people. No one will be upset if you go on, join, and work with everyone.

Just 1 more comment, I highly recommend reading through all of the required readings in the Announcements & SOPs section (http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...ncements-sops/) (and sure call me a noob for not doing the like, im just to lazy to figure it out)

Comment

Well, I meet some players, one of them was Sgt Moore. The bad thing was I couldn't talk to any of them or hear what was saying between the eight players. It was really frustrated in not able to talk.

JohnO

Comment

Sgt.Moore knows the Evolution map i assume as well as the programmer at this point... and he can certainly hit anything with the 136! So he should be a great tour guide if you can keep up with him...
        JohnO ...If you haven't gotten into Teamspeak..now is the time to download it (it's free!) and get a Mic headset... IT not only adds a ton to the gaming experience, but is required on the TG servers for the exact reasons you state above.. (being frustrated... It's worse when you are on teamspeak and have to keep typing orders.. Yuk!)..

Cya in game..!
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
          Sgt.Moore knows the Evolution map i assume as well as the programmer at this point... and he can certainly hit anything with the 136! So he should be a great tour guide if you can keep up with him...
          JohnO ...If you haven't gotten into Teamspeak..now is the time to download it (it's free!) and get a Mic headset... IT not only adds a ton to the gaming experience, but is required on the TG servers for the exact reasons you state above.. (being frustrated... It's worse when you are on teamspeak and have to keep typing orders.. Yuk!)..

Cya in game..!
          Last night I finally figured out how TS works. Seems my head space and timing was my fault :-) when I connect through TS I was being placed in the default and figured by trail and error that I have to select the Tactical Gamer beta 107 squad to hear what was going on. I'm ready now to join this weekend battles.

JohnO

Comment

Welcome JohnO! Nice to have you aboard.
            |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse