As we get more players...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As we get more players...

...we'll be able to open up other game types within ArmA, such as Capture & Hold. This is a team vs. team (TvT) game type where teams must capture and hold various bases. Each team is fighting over the same bases, so therein lies the conflict. It's a fun game type that takes advantage of ArmA's scale, but it does require a larger number of players to be really fun. Hopefully we'll see these numbers soon, as we have a set of ten great missions for this game type that are just waiting to be played.

We also have some large-scale coop missions (involving 30 to 40 people) that emulate platoon-level action. These are a lot of fun and give that "epic" feeling to coop missions.

There are also other TvT game types like Capture the Island (CTI) that haven't been realized very well within ArmA yet. However, mods are under development that will alleviate this problem.

So, if you want to enjoy larger games in ArmA, please come to the server. All we require at this point is enough people to make them happen.

Re: As we get more players...

If we do a platoon level mission it's going to require serious, serious planning and organisation. I would love to see it, but it's a big commitment.

Comment

I think if we get a GOOD group of TG'ers, and follow a decent commander (decent meaning one who is not afraid and confident enough to give orders) I don't think a Platoon level mission will be all that hard... Especially once people start getting a taste of being a Seagull... The life you save may be your own.. ;-)
      Of course If we are stuck on semantics of the word Platoon and it's REAL definition..then you got me there cause I have no idea how many soldiers are in one...
      Maybe a good 10 TG'ers with AI squads could play that type of missions?

peardog
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

30-40 people is around the size of a real platoon, yeah. And I don't like the idea of each person playing one squad - I play MP to get away from the AI.

And you're not going to have one commander in a 30-40 player mission. You're going to have an overall platoon CO, with separate squads, and fireteams within the squads. It's a huge amount of organisation - look at Shacktac.

Comment

I'd love to see us get into the TvT style of play such as RTS and Berzerk game modes. I know that Karillion and BDA plan to field teams for some competetive matches and I'd love to see TG field one too.
          TG Regular
          TGU Staff
          ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
          Evil Koala
          LeftSkidLow

Comment

I would love for players to increase to start doing actual tactical play in other game modes... and I love the old C&H

Comment

You guys bring a platoon, I'll bring two, and we can have a Company-level action. :)

Comment

*drools*

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                  You guys bring a platoon, I'll bring two, and we can have a Company-level action. :)
                  That sounds like a plan! :icon14:

Comment

What mode/mission would support company-level action? Capture the Island?
                    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi
                      You guys bring a platoon, I'll bring two, and we can have a Company-level action.
                      Sweet jesus! I need my new PC i need my new PC i need my new PC.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                        Sweet jesus! I need my new PC i need my new PC i need my new PC.....
                        Sorry Mate, sometimes it is not the PC...... :icon26:
                        "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

lol, ah, tou chez, that why i keep TK'ing you mate, lol, bad lag, u 'look' like an enemy!;)

Comment

Well, bought this today, so see you in th not too distant future..
                            "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

Great Chern!... Fingers Crossed you can play her online..!
                              |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                              ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...