Call for Submissions! Tactical Gamer Squad Logo Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call for Submissions! Tactical Gamer Squad Logo Needed

With the ability to add the Squad Logo to our in-game persona's, the admin team have decided to open up the floor for submissions from our talented and creative player base.

Buccaneer and I have already done some work in this area, but I'm sure one of you guys have got some mad photo-shopping skillz that can be harnessed for a brief moment to help out. :D

Currently, the set I've been working on looks something like this:

In-game shot:

As you see above, we're looking for 3 logos: one each for regular, SM, and admin members...just so people in game know who they're dealing with when the death cam zooms in. LOL!

Here's what you need to do:

1) Take a look at the BIS wiki: squad.xml This mostly details how to set up a squad.xml, which we've already done. It'll give you some good background info regardless.

2) Have a look at this tutorial. Logo Tutorial This will help you understand how to set up transparencies and create the *.paa file required for in-game use.

Pay particular attention to the image size requirements:

WARNING: YOU HAVE TO USE THESE IMAGESIZES: 32x32/64x64/128x128/256x256/512x512/...
    Otherwise, the game won't recognize your graphic.

3) Take a look at Dslyecxi's awesome and innovative use of the squad.xml system HERE. Hopefully he won't mind the attention.

After we get some submissions, we'll have a community-wide vote to pick the next TacticalGamer Armed Assault Logo! Otherwise you'll be stuck with Houdini's pathetic attempt...

Get to it!
    |TG| HOUDINI

Re: Call for Submissions! Tactical Gamer Squad Logo Needed

To add to houdini's call -- now is the time for those in-house squads interested in playing ArmA to start thinking about getting their own squad.xmls and squad logos set up. How cool would it be to play ArmA with your in-house squaddies and see YOUR in-house squad logo on your squadmates' uniforms and vehicles?

The squad.xml and squad logo specifications and requirements are linked in houdini's post above. If you have any questions, just let us know. We're here to help.

EDIT: As houdini pointed out in his post above, there are different ways to use the squad.xml. For example, it's entirely possible to create a ranking system within your in-house squad that's actually visible in-game, much as ShackTac and GoonTac have done. It would require a separate squad.xml for each rank, as well as a separate logo appropriate for each rank. This is something that could be handled easily by each of the various in-house squads if they so desired.
    Last edited by Strag; 05-18-2007, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Damn that is cool as hell!!!! Im loving this game more and more every day :D
      Dizlor

Comment

Thanks, Houdini. I have my 12th badge up and running.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I banged out a few patches this morning, but I don't have 15 posts yet so I can't post them. Bummer.

Comment

Padded my post count a bit (don't tell anyone). Here are a few ideas I put together. Can take suggestions and make changes.

Comment

Souvlaki! Excellent work my friend. Thanks for the submissions.

I particularly like the military "feel" of the 2nd and 3rd badges. The text on #3 may be a little too small for in game presentation...

As a suggestion (and please...this is ONLY a suggestion), how about trying the graphic of #2 inside the badge of #3. Get rid of the "tactical gamer" text, and put a conforming banner across the top...with text Regular, Supporting Member, and Admin.

Again, THANK YOU for taking the time to make these!
              |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Not sure what you mean by conforming banner. See if this is what you had in mind.

Comment

My suggestion would be to brighten the colors. I think that is why our 12th ones stand out so much. Those will look good on the US Marines arms, but on the drab vehicles or other uniforms they might look a little washed. I'd have to see them in game though to really be certain because they might end up fine.
                  |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I wish I had something to explain with. Basically, take the text out of the shield and put a banner across the top that flows with the "curve", so to speak. Kind of like a text box across the top. Some army units have the unit badge with a separate patch along the top or bottom with some "descriptor".

Edit: Here's an example...look at the airborne badge at the top right.

|TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Got it.

Yeah, Khan, I don't know about brightening it though. I was going for a more realistic camo look. I kind of like the black TG better, but I thought I'd try this.

How's this:

I'll wait to bang out the other 2 variations once I know you like it. If you like it that is. If not, my feelings won't be hurt.;)

Comment

Very nice, Souvlaki! Thanks for these submissions. I like the subdued look.

My only suggestion is to try a couple of different fonts; another might be a bit easier to read.

Comment

Here it is with more readable fonts.

Comment

Very nice Souvlaki! I'll use one of those in game.
                            "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head."

Comment

Nice! Very nice...send me the .gif or .tga file and I'll upload and test it after work.

EDIT: disregard...I'll copy it down from here. heh.
                              |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X