Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Pre-planned Coop Session Organizer

Hello guys,

As some of you will remember, I was in preparation to launch regular, pre-planned COOP sessions a while ago. Due to lack of time this will not be possible for a while.

I am just wondering if there is an enthusiastic member of our community willing to step up and organize a pre-planned coop session.

What is a pre-planned Coop Session

- A mission or couple of related missions chosen by the organizer or recommended by interested parties. Typically 2-3 hours duration.

- Announcement and roll call post with very brief mission info to know who is attending and to make simple pre-planning like squad assignments, mission plans, etc. Only those who register thru roll call attend the session.

- A Date and start time. This is to ensure that all attendants are on the same page and no one joins in the middle of the session asking immersion-killer questions like "all right...so what's going on now?"

===============================================

Please dont reply here if this is something you are not interested. This happened many times before and caused nothing but frustration.

We have Evolution...we have im-promptu coop sessions. These are all great but somehow not exactly what I am looking for as far as a simulation like Armed Assault is concerned.

As 1stMIP we have 10 soldiers ready to deploy to Sahrani right at this point. We are looking forward to using/sharing our SOPs in ArmA. I am ready to organize these gentlemen and others who are interested in joining a MIP squad. This kind of unit participation will help the organizer a lot since he will not deal with individuals but with contact people to organize attending groups.

I know I am not the only one who enjoys pre-planned sessions (from the responses to my previous post). All we need is someone to bring us together on a TG ArmA server. I am looking for that someone (damn, it sounded like a classified ad).

Re: Looking for a Pre-planned Coop Session Organizer

Sounds good... as long as its on a sunday I am game

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

I think we need to first decide on a good mission that this kind of play would be truly enjoyable.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I agree with John here. Last night really showed this to me. Although everyone preformed exemplary, I think many of the headaches we had could have been avoided. Anyways as always count me in on anything the 1st is running.

Comment

Good to see you John_F ;)

That's right Khan. Mission is the start point. So can anyone who played several ArmA coop missions so far suggest one? Just one mission to get the ball rolling...

Comment

From my experience...large numbers are fun and work well on ACES and Evolution. Southern Cities was fun but for a smaller number. I didn't finish the COMPOUND one so I don't know. That's all I've played that have a lot of slots and are fun with many folks.
            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I would not suggest the compond one as it is very structered. If you don't follow the mission to the letter it'll fubar some of the scripted parts of the mission.

Comment

Well, I know it's been played to death in the past, but Air Cavalry might actually be good for this sort of thing. There are multiple objectives, and the mission allows for multiple squads, with CAS and artillery support available. It's a fairly well done mission. Maybe it would suit your needs, Can.

Comment

Is there a mission list for the server. I never know whats on it.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                    Is there a mission list for the server. I never know whats on it.
                    Yes. These are in addition to the stock multiplayer missions that come with the game.

Comment

Well first and foremost I think we need a day dedicated to what John C. had in mind. I'm going to agree with Blackmain on this Sunday sounds good. After we get something like this established were people expect it we can work on random days. Not sure what time would be good for people but as a suggestion sometime late Afternoon US time zones.

At the very least I would like to see some planning after a mission change instead of just jumping right in.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                        At the very least I would like to see some planning after a mission change instead of just jumping right in.
                        Typically on Coop missions we do this, but that "compound" mission last night was a special case. We were completely exposed and under a lot of fire immediately after spawning, so getting organized wasn't practical until the initial fight was over.

Beyond that, we really need folks to be ready to use the standard Teamspeak keybinds template, or a compatible one of their choosing. It took at least five minutes (after the initial firefight) to get our comms set up because folks weren't sure how to change channels, whisper to Channel Commanders, etc.

Additionally, we need folks who jump into a Squad Leader position in a mission to actually lead their squad. You do a fine job with this, johnflenaly, but we need others to step up and take the reins as well, especially when we have multiple squads operating. Having strong leadership in an ArmA Coop mission is very important. Without it, folks just kind of wander around shooting at things.

These sorts of things may seem minor, but they make a big difference in how well (or poorly) an ArmA Coop mission plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by Strag View Post
                          Typically on Coop missions we do this, but that "compound" mission last night was a special case. We were completely exposed and under a lot of fire immediately after spawning, so getting organized wasn't practical until the initial fight was over.
                          No I mean in the lobby were you choose you team posistion ect, but I agree with you about the teamspeak thing channle commander is a must as well as splitting into squads.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X