I am saddened...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am saddened...

It occured to me that we really dont have the turnout I expected for Arma quite yet. Where the heck is everyone? It's such a great system, it deserves more attention from TG I believe. I've played lots of 2142 of course, and while a fun game for a little bit it gets woefully repetitive and is not even close to the goodness that Arma is. Regardless of the "apples and oranges" excuse, we really should be getting 2142-like numbers in our Arma servers.

What do we need to do to get more people to logon?
    PVP server? rotating coop missions? Finalized patches??

Re: I am saddened...

I think once the official 1.07 patch comes out you'll see numbers increase noticeably. I'm not risking using up all of my activations with the beta and I had install issues to begin with because I have the UK Sprocket version.

Comment

I am also waiting for the official patch as well. I am still messing around in 1.06 coz from what I hear the beta patches really give you hard time. I love this game more.

Comment

I agree with DigitAssasin and believe the release of the 1.07 patch will help increase the player base. In my own case, I bought ArmA and plan to play it on a regular basis, but am waiting for the final version to avoid any unforeseen problems. Since I have the North American version, I am unable to play on the 1.05 server, as well.

While this prevents me from playing with the community, I still read the forums and am excited about the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfeil2281 View Post
          I agree with DigitAssasin and believe the release of the 1.07 patch will help increase the player base. In my own case, I bought ArmA and plan to play it on a regular basis, but am waiting for the final version to avoid any unforeseen problems. Since I have the North American version, I am unable to play on the 1.05 server, as well.

While this prevents me from playing with the community, I still read the forums and am excited about the game.
          QFT.. Quoted For Truth!
          theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
          E Pluribus Unum
          Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
          Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

I'm concentrating on a missions development item for a TvT Persistent TacMod called Domination.. I will be back on the server once a beta is ready.

Comment

Don't worry about the 1.07, it's a complete disaster for MP play. Today was our second attempt at running an MP ArmA session in 1.07 - a few missions in, I gave up in frustration and we played OFP for the rest of the night. 1.07's beta is absolutely terrible for MP. I hope that the final 1.08 release is a serious improvement.

Comment

Stop playing Evolution, lol, every single time I join teamspeak and ask whats the mission, it's evolution, so I leave.

I love the evolution mission, but my god, it's all thats played almost everywhere... I got a 2 or 3 hour game window,
                I'd like to acomplish a couple of missions in that time frame.

theres my answer. ;)
                Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                  Stop playing Evolution, lol, every single time I join teamspeak and ask whats the mission, it's evolution, so I leave.

I love the evolution mission, but my god, it's all thats played almost everywhere... I got a 2 or 3 hour game window,
                  I'd like to acomplish a couple of missions in that time frame.

theres my answer. ;)
                  I have to say I agree with you there. I remember one evening we just did "pick up" missions and played one of Strags customs jobs. It was a hell of a lot of fun. Of course, the problem with evolution is that it's a persistent dynamic campaign... so we cant really rotate it without fubaring people's rankings. And in all honesty, I believe Evo is too easy (or we have it set too easy); as well, it finishes too soon and the majority of the time most people dont even gain much rank.

It'd be nice to have another server up though that could run rotating missions with say like 20 players (AI will take up any slack). Perhaps we can start hosting ourselves for small missions?

Anyways, I've been playing pretty stable as late with the US release and 1.07 beta. There's no real reason not to try it. The one that's a problem is the new 1.07 hotfix - DONT install it if you've got a DL/sprocket version.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                    I have to say I agree with you there. I remember one evening we just did "pick up" missions and played one of Strags customs jobs. It was a hell of a lot of fun. Of course, the problem with evolution is that it's a persistent dynamic campaign... so we cant really rotate it without fubaring people's rankings. And in all honesty, I believe Evo is too easy (or we have it set too easy); as well, it finishes too soon and the majority of the time most people dont even gain much rank.

It'd be nice to have another server up though that could run rotating missions with say like 20 players (AI will take up any slack). Perhaps we can start hosting ourselves for small missions?

Anyways, I've been playing pretty stable as late with the US release and 1.07 beta. There's no real reason not to try it. The one that's a problem is the new 1.07 hotfix - DONT install it if you've got a DL/sprocket version.
                    I've got the Sprocket DL and 1.07 hotfix.. no problems.
                    TG Regular
                    TGU Staff
                    ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
                    Evil Koala
                    LeftSkidLow

Comment

I'm sorry...I just cant get the hang of it. I really dont like the game (Single Player)all that much either. I am trying to give it a shot online but like everyone else...I am waiting for the patch.

Besides, I am really into PRM and CS:S right now, but if I get bored(which I doubt) I will probably jump on and see what the TG server is all about.
                      "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Screw the topic DB, I got to comment on your signature pics, thats my girfriend, she just don't know it yet... IMO the hottest woman in the world, even better then that lucky bastard, Brad, got to tag. lol

I told my wife that there is only 2 women in the world I'd drop her for, and Jessica is one of them (Tara the other)... of ocurse my wife said there was about 2 million guys she'd drop me for. lol

anyway... here you go...
                        http://www.tacticsandteamwork.com/women.htm
                        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Screw the topic DB, I got to comment on your signature pics, thats my girfriend, she just don't know it yet... IMO the hottest woman in the world, even better then that lucky bastard, Brad, got to tag. lol

I told my wife that there is only 2 women in the world I'd drop her for, and Jessica is one of them (Tara the other)... of ocurse my wife said there was about 2 million guys she'd drop me for. lol

anyway... here you go...
                          http://www.tacticsandteamwork.com/women.htm
                          Get off my Kool-Aid dood....get off my Kool-Aid.
                          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Evolution is on the server due to it's popularity. It is the only current mod. that draws a real crowd. Instead of leaving go ahead and make request to run a session with something else. Most of the time, as long as an admin is present, a mission change will be done.
                            --
                            VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

I don't even think, with the Changes BigC made..that you need an Admin.. Just vote one and change the missions.. I am all for that!!..
                              |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                              ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...