Should I get this game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get this game?

From videos i've seen, it looks like fun. I like games that give you a feeling of being in a war, and this looks like the one to be it. Like in PR my favorite maps are the really wide open desert one, and the desert city with the A10, quad AA, etc. Because those seemed to be the most realistic in terms of warfare today.
    |TG-Irr|TanithGhost
    100 pixels height is too small people.

Re: Should I get this game?

All I can suggest is to try the demo and keep in mind that enjoying ArmA in multiplayer depends mostly on the people you play with. In that area, its similar to PR.. But otherwise, it cant even be compared. PR is a more realistic mod for an arcade shooter. ArmA is a game adaptation of a military simulator.
    TG Regular
    TGU Staff
    ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
    Evil Koala
    LeftSkidLow

Comment

Well i played the demo and...it took me about an hour to find out how to throw a grenade. and the missions are extremely boring. You kill 5 people in the city and your done. However when action gets intense like in the videos it looks liek a lot more fun.
      |TG-Irr|TanithGhost

Comment

Originally posted by HybridNinja View Post
        Well i played the demo and...it took me about an hour to find out how to throw a grenade. and the missions are extremely boring. You kill 5 people in the city and your done. However when action gets intense like in the videos it looks liek a lot more fun.
        It's not a game, it's a simulator - so the emphasis is not on entertaining people by letting them just kill a million dudes with a big, loud machine gun as quickly as possible. I've been on missions where I didnt even fire a shot! Yet, to me, it was still entertaining because I was immersed, not just playing a game.

Sometimes lack of action is actually where the action's at... feel me?

Comment

Yah and i have that happen, its jsut the demo was a bit too bland.
          |TG-Irr|TanithGhost

Comment

TG and thier custom multiplayer missions FTW!!!! The game is well worth it, but that is a slanted opinion that you will probably get for asking that question here in this forum....
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
              It's not a game, it's a simulator
              I believe this depends on the mission. Some missions plays out like a game(Evolution with scores and ranking) other like a sim.

An interesting debate would likely be
              What is the distinction between a simulator and a game?
              --
              VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...