Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings, I am interested in getting involved with TG.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings, I am interested in getting involved with TG.

Hey.

I'm interested in becoming a regular with Tactical Gamer in Armed Assault, with their regular operations, from what I've heard. The head honcho of ShackTac recommended that I check you guys out.

There is a catch, however.

I'm deaf, which means the use of Teamspeak will be extremely limited to the point where things will be difficult from my perspective, as well as the rest of those involved. If TG is still interested in having me aboard as a fellow soldier, just say so.

ArmA is as close as I can get to actually being in the military.

-NK
    Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Re: Greetings, I am interested in getting involved with TG.

Welcome NKato!

Although using Teamspeak is a requirement for participation on our servers, I'm sure the community wouldn't have a problem making an exception in your case.

The beautiful thing about ArmA is that all movement/engagement commands are easily accomplished in-game via the command menu, map markers, and chat. Why don't you join us today/tonight and we can start working on our comm system and teamwork...and test some of these pesky coop maps.

I'll probably be on around 1900-2000 GMT.
    |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Nkato you will not find a more enjoyable experience then on he TG ArmedA server. Some really top notch guys on there, that will do everything they can to make your TG experience great.
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

I played last night but a few bugs on the Evolution server with the missions were hampering my experience, but otherwise was fun. (I have a very strong preference towards aircraft, due to being deaf, I am adverse to ground combat. :P)

I think I'll have fun with TG for a while.
        Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Comment

Also I don't suppose it wouldn't be too difficult to ask all players to remove their custom addons? The ones that let them add stickers to their vehicles. It's been causing me to crash whenever they load, as what just happened with me in the Evolution server when it loaded on Zoot's hatchback.

Also, I'm getting far too many crashes with 1.07, which is a real serious frustration. >.<
          Last edited by NKato; 06-01-2007, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the custom graphics that you're seeing are downloaded when you join the server. If someone else joins while you're playing, you actually download their graphic even if you don't see them. Hit the 'P' button for the player menu. You'll immediately see their squad logo (if they have one) even if you've had zero contact with them in game.

I suspect there's some other underlying problem with your graphics setup. Post your specs.
            |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Originally posted by NKato View Post
              It's been causing me to crash whenever they load, as what just happened with me in the Evolution server when it loaded on Zoot's hatchback.
              Custom logos shoudl not be showing up on the civilian vehicles anyways. Could be wrong.

Comment

ATI Radeon x1900xtx
                AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+
                2GB of RAM 4x512
                Audigy LE sound card
                Windows XP

Did I forget anything else, specwise?

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                  Custom logos shoudl not be showing up on the civilian vehicles anyways. Could be wrong.
                  I'm pretty sure they do John, but don't quote me on it. I'll check tonight.

Not sure why the custom logos would make you crash out, NKato. You're the only person I've seen report this issue. On my other rig, with an ATI card, frequent map changes would make me crash out. Perhaps you're suffering from the memory problem some ATI users are experiencing.

I believe v1.08, which should be out soon, is supposed to address the ATI issue a little better.

As a precaution, just make sure you've got the latest official drivers for everything in your box. This is a quick checklist off the top of my head:

1) Motherboard BIOS up to date
                  2) latest Catalyst drivers for the ATI
                  3) Sound card drivers
                  4) download install the latest OpenAL for 3D sound (http://www.openal.org/)
                  5) Defrag your game system drive
                  6) In-game settings
                  - Audio EAX deselected
                  - Audio Hardware acceleration deselected (play around with it on/off)
                  7) You can mess with the video settings, but if you're getting playable frame-rates, I wouldn't mess with it too much. Post processing should probably be set to 'Low' with the ATI card...but play around with it.

Obviously, nothing here will specifically target the problem to my knowledge...but it'll get you "up to speed' and eliminate obvious problems right off the bat.

Anyone else have suggestions?
                  |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

The problem seems to have been solved by turning off the sound hardware acceleration.

Comment

Originally posted by NKato View Post
                      The problem seems to have been solved by turning off the sound hardware acceleration.
                      I had that on last night and I believe it caused me to crash more than usual. But, in reality, Arma has yet to be optimized so everyone basically is in the same boat... even if they dont have 8800 systems (they still crash).

(on another note)As for how effective you can be in-game; I suggested last night (I played with you all night) that you should do your best to rank to at least little-bird pilot. This way you can focus on airlifts and CAP. We fooled around with CAP last night with like 4 choppers and it was a lot of fun. Obviously, on the ground you'll be hampered and possibly cause issues for your fellow soldiers.

I know a lot of guys cant type very well, or dont like to so they get frustrated - I saw this last night. I'm an exception, since I type >60 WPM but even still it's hard in the heat of battle. It's also tough to project demeanor in chat and misunderstandings occur frequently; many people get vexed when there's a lot of chat on-screen as well. In all honesty, VOIP is a must. That being the case, even a modern army still relies on textual commands. Heck, look at the landwarrior project - most comms are done with icons, pics, and text... very little talking.

Anyways, I'm sure there's a solution to the best way to make you a dominant force on the battlefield. We just have to find it.

A few suggestions: I myself am actually slowly working on a VR/force-feedback system for my comp. I'll be getting the AudioFX headphones that vibrate situationally at low frequencies in different direction. I was also thinking of getting a "buttkicker" feedback system to attach to my chair; it basically vibrates depending on situation. Both these items are only $50 apiece. They might really help your experience. Lastly, a set of good 3D glasses might help make up for the lack of audio stimulation (even though they dont really aid in effectiveness).

To ease your typing woes, there is a voice command software edimensional makes designed for gaming (macros basically). It's tailor-made for ordering squads around in Arma. This way, even if you're flying you can effect the battlefield below without even typing (powerful tool). I used to play with one in a modern sub simulator, basically barking out orders like a captain. Hell of a lot of fun.

Properly coordinated, all this could work methinks. But, please bear with people who arent aware or sympathetic to your situation. Chances are, things go on in TS that you're not aware of. Just make sure everyone knows you need textual commands and let them know how you intend to influence the battlefield. And above all, try not to get too frustrated... stay positive :)

Comment

NKato, I very similar specs as you. The only difference is I have 2x1GB Ram and Audigy 2 ZS, which seems to be the difference that matters.
                        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...