TacticalGamer & ShackTactical Joint Session

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacticalGamer & ShackTactical Joint Session

Would there be interest in a joint TG/ST session this coming weekend, Saturday the 16th to be precise? (Start time would be from 4pm-6pm CDT) If there is, I will post further info, if not, we can look into it again sometime in the future.

The likely turnout would be ~60 ShackTac members, and our server can probably take ~100 people in an adversarial mission, so we should have enough room for TG.

The tentative plan would be to do some joint stuff (mixed forces in A&D scenarios, maybe some kind of coop mission to really stress-test the server) as well as some TG vs ST in scenarios designed to balance out the lopsided teams via scenario design (for instance, TG defends a fortified position, ST attacks). It would all be in the interest of fun, of course.

I think this could be pretty compelling. Anyhow, if there's interest, let me know and I'll write up further info.

Also, if you have a suggestion for a mission for such a session, let us know and we can sic our mission designers on it.

Re: TacticalGamer & ShackTactical Joint Session

I know I personal would love to attend my worry is turnout. So far we haven't been able to muster more than 12 people at a time for an event. It's been said this is due to the beta patch which 1.08 should fix, will see. Anyways again I think this is an awsome idea.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
      I know I personal would love to attend my worry is turnout. So far we haven't been able to muster more than 12 people at a time for an event. It's been said this is due to the beta patch which 1.08 should fix, will see. Anyways again I think this is an awsome idea.
      Turnout is not a concern of mine. If you only have 8 people show, we'll just integrate them into the group and play on as normal. If you get 20 people, we can do things a bit differently. It'll work regardless of the TG attendance, so don't worry about that. The question is mainly if you guys are open to such an event and would attend in some capacity.

I suppose that's one vote for yes. :)

Comment

I vote for Yes as well. Like John said, we've only had about 12 on. One of the great beauties of this game is the scale and scope which we haven't had a chance to get into around here. I should be there ready to serve.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

i would like to attend but at the moment i dont know if ill have the time off on saturday..... if the time changes to sunday the 17th ill definatly be there.... but let me get back to you after work today..

Comment

Pardon my ignorance. But what is 4pm CDT in Alpha time? (Alpha time being BST, which in turn is Zulu + 1)?

Reason I ask, is because I am nights 1900-0700A Fri/Sat/Sun. But if this get together is UK/Europe friendly (afternoon being ideal), would love to attend.
            sigpic
            | |
            TG ArmA Pathfinder
            One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

4pm Cdt = 10pm Bst.

Comment

Thanks MM (that's me out then).
                sigpic
                | |
                TG ArmA Pathfinder
                One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

Should be in town and probably off work by that time. So count me more or less in.

By the way, is it going to be 1.08?
                  Last edited by BarnacleofDoom; 06-11-2007, 07:06 PM. Reason: Ask about 1.08
                  BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

I would be interested in participating in such an event.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                      Turnout is not a concern of mine. If you only have 8 people show, we'll just integrate them into the group and play on as normal. If you get 20 people, we can do things a bit differently. It'll work regardless of the TG attendance, so don't worry about that. The question is mainly if you guys are open to such an event and would attend in some capacity.

I suppose that's one vote for yes. :)
                      And the Big Boss speaks. I'm not an official member of TG yet (probably never will...lots of reasons, I guess.), but would there be a chance for me to get involved here at all?

-NK
                      Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by NKato View Post
                        And the Big Boss speaks. I'm not an official member of TG yet (probably never will...lots of reasons, I guess.), but would there be a chance for me to get involved here at all?

-NK
                        Yes.

I also extended an invitation towards the SimHQ crew, so we should see some players from there as well.

Comment

Looking forward to it, sir.

-NK Out.
                          Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Comment

Dslyecxi, bear in mind that NKato will be unable to use TS or voip.

Comment

Mingmong, he's well aware since I first picked up ArmA via digital download. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X