Sat, June 16th - ShackTac, TacticalGamer, and SimHQ Joint Session Details

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat, June 16th - ShackTac, TacticalGamer, and SimHQ Joint Session Details

I am cross-posting this on the ST, TG, and SimHQ forums. (SimHQ and TG are public, ST is private.)

Saturday, June 16th will be a joint session between our three communities. It will occur on the ShackTac server, and we'll have a special session password for the duration of the event. The intent of this session is to get in some good gaming with a large playercount consisting of people from our communites, gauge the feasability of having more joint sessions in the future, and further push the limits of what we can do playercount-wise in ArmA.

There are some expectations we have for this session. I will list them, and if you have an issue with them, please do not attend. This will go smoothly as long as everyone who joins understands the following.
    • It is important that all players are familiar with the ShackTac ArmA Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures Guide. Being on the same sheet of music will help things run as smoothly as possible.
    • Ensure that you are particularly familiar with how we use voice communications. We will be using TS exclusively due to VOIP still not being reliable enough for our purposes. You will need to get the ShackTac TS binds, found in the ST ArmA TTP on page 2.
    • Squad XMLs are highly, highly encouraged. These help to keep it clear as to who is ShackTac, who is TG, and who is SimHQ. If you do not have an XML loaded, expect to be questioned at some point as to who you are and where you're from.
    • Patience is a needed virtue. 60+ players takes time to organize. If you are impatient (which is unlikely - impatient people don't last long in ArmA to begin with), do not attend.
    • Be prompt. We will lock the server for each mission and unlock it at the end. There will be no join-in-progress once we've moved into the mission briefing. If you want to play, you need to be there on time. The proper procedure for joining TS pre-mission is to tell us that you're on the channel and are joining the session. If you join while a session is in progress, just go into the main channel (where dead players typically chat) and wait for the next mission. It's pretty obvious when a mission ends, even without a server monitor - just watch for all of the players pouring back into the main channel.
    • Dead men tell no tales. This is in the TTP already, but I want to emphasize it. When you die, you are dead, and you do not tell your teammates that you are dead, where the enemy is, or anything at all. You are not required to do a death gurgle or anything like that if you're talking when you die, but you must cut your sentence off at the time of death. This adds greatly to the immersion.
    • Profanity is allowed on our server. If this is a problem for you, you should not attend. Excessive profanity or being rude to other players/insulting to other players (aside from in good fun) is not allowed, but you can expect to see f-bombs dropped.
    • MODS ARE NOT ALLOWED. The only exceptions to this are the voice_quiet mod and the sound mods. If you connect with model replacement packs or other mods loaded, you will be asked to turn them off and reconnect.
    With all of that being said, let's move on to the basic sequence of events

At around 4pm CDT the server will be open for people to connect and begin pre-game shennanigans.

The session will officially start at 5pm CDT (GMT-5), one hour earlier than a normal ShackTac session. We will play predominantly adversarial missions, due to the expected playercount. It is entirely likely that we will attempt a coop mission to see how the server runs, but I can't make any promises about whether or not it will work. We'll have to see. The session will likely last from 5pm CDT until midnight.

The one mission we will definitely play is called Arcadia Hotel. In this mission, a BLUFOR team has to defend Arcadia, and the large hotel in the center of town, from an OPFOR offensive. The BLUFOR has four M2 HMMWVs parked in the town. The BLUFOR will lose if they sustain 70% casualties or have no presence in the Hotel. OPFOR will lose if they sustain 70% casualties.My hope is that SimHQ and TG together will have enough players to fill the BLUFOR team of this mission, with ShackTac acting as the attacking force. This ratio of attackers to defenders will make the mission as balanced as possible. It's an amazingly fun mission - we played it with ~60 players last Saturday, and it was a blast. Having 80 or even 90 players in it will be even better.

Anyhow, if you have any questions or want clarification on something, post here and I'll address things as they come up. If you can attend, post to that effect.

Server Info
    Server IP is: win.shacknews.com
    TS IP is: win.shacknews.com
    Password for the ArmA server is: jointops

Re: Sat, June 16th - ShackTac, TacticalGamer, and SimHQ Joint Session Details

Count me in.
    Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Comment

Im not a official member of TG But could i Still play with you guys?

Comment

I'll try to come, but don't make me anything critical in case I forget about it.
        "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head."

Comment

Sweet profanity is allowed :)

7Pm my time, yar, will be awake :)

Comment

I'll see if I can make it. I'm probably getting ArmA this week, so I'll try to get there. Also, I'm a bit newbish at the game right now. In the demo I really got owned.

Comment

I plan to participate in this event and look forward to the opportunity to play with ShackTac and SimHQ.

Comment

Originally posted by buster61 View Post
                Im not a official member of TG But could i Still play with you guys?
                Only if you have someone who is a member of one of the communities vouch for you and take responsibility for your actions.

This is not an open invitation for any player in the ArmA community to play with ShackTac, it is a specific invitation to two other ArmA groups - SimHQ and TG.

Comment

Query: If we do a Cooperative mission, can we all be Opfor? Mostly because I have just discovered my new love - the KA-50 attack helicopter. :3 Just ask Khan, he knows how good I am in it.
                  Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Comment

Count me in.
                    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Count me in!...
                      Do we have a session training pre-event?...
                      Or we just show up with a smile?
                      GHWY
                      Because Lightspeed is superior to Soundspeed some individuals look brilliant before sounding stupid:row__572:

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyhighway View Post
                        Count me in!...
                        Do we have a session training pre-event?...
                        Or we just show up with a smile?
                        GHWY
                        4pm-5pm CDT (GMT-5) is basically the pre-game warmup. I don't know what missions will be played, but they'll probably be "battle drills" and such - fairly quick missions that emphasize one specific aspect of combat.

Comment

Thank you for the answer D.
                          I was asking that question to the TG team if we had our pre-games before showing up ready to your door.
                          Which I still am in a way?
                          GYHW
                          Because Lightspeed is superior to Soundspeed some individuals look brilliant before sounding stupid:row__572:

Comment

Warm-up will start in 45 mins at 4pm CDT. We have a few people on the server right now, if you want to check to see if you have everything set up properly, feel free to join it and the TS server.

Comment

Good games to everyone who attended. We'll have some media (screens+vids) of the missions later.. I'm rendering a video of the 70+ player Camel Dogfight right now. :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X