Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For folks joining us with v1.08...

...welcome!

Now that Armed Assault v1.08 is here, the various versions of the game are finally unified. We can all play together on the same servers, which means that many Tactical Gamers who have been holding off on ArmA should be able to join the action. We've already begun to see this, and hopefully we'll have more folks joining us over the coming weeks and months.

The state of our two ArmA servers is thus:

Server #1
    Server #1 is currently set up to run any type of mission except Evolution (see below). On this server we have both large- and small-scale cooperative (coop) missions, as well as team vs. team (TvT) missions of various types.

A player can be voted temporary admin by other players on the server, or he may vote himself temporary admin if no other players are present. As a temporary admin, a player can choose a mission to play from the list of available missions on the server. So, while a mission rotation does exist, know that it's possible to easily choose a specific mission if desired. Typically on this server the more "serious" coop missions are played.

Server #2
    Server #2 is currently set up to run the mission called Evolution exclusively. This is a large-scale coop mission that includes many features unique to it, such as a ranking system, a massive campaign-style main mission, side missions (missions that can be chosen and run separate from the main mission), a squad system, and saved player information.

Evolution's main mission (the campaign) involves clearing almost a dozen towns spread across both of the Sahranian main islands, and it can sometimes last for a couple of days. The strength of Evolution is its ability to support pick-up games for multiple people who come and go throughout the day. A person can join the mission, play for a couple of hours, leave, and then rejoin it hours later; his rank will be saved, and although the mission will have progressed in his absence, he'll be able to get back into the campaign at whatever point it may be.

We encourage you to read through all of the rules and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) listed here. These explain how we do things in the game, as well as the rules we expect players to abide by both on our ArmA servers and here in the forums.

Also, we encourage you to write After Action Reports (AARs) to let everyone know how things went during a given session. These AARs are important because they let others know how good the gaming is, and they also show others that our ArmA community is active. Prospective players can read about how we play the game, which in turn helps to draw in even more quality players.

If you have any technical problems or frequently asked questions, be sure to check this forum for answers. You'd be surprised at how many people have already had the same problem or question as you. The Official Armed Assault forums are also a great place to look for answers.

If you're interested in discussing tactics or missions (including mission and mod editing), visit this forum. We have some active mission makers here, and we're always looking for new ideas to try.

Since early December of 2006, a small but steadily growing group has been playing ArmA at Tactical Gamer. We've been through several patches, many missions, and plenty of discussions. We've especially been waiting for more folks to get the game and join us; now that v1.08 is finally here, we hope to see many of you in game!

Re: For folks joining us with v1.08...

Do you have to be a supporting member to get the password for the server?

Comment

Originally posted by buster61 View Post
      Do you have to be a supporting member to get the password for the server?
      You do not. However, Supporting Members will get preference on a full server.

Comment

I am joining in... Please be patient with me. I played with a character named Zoot yesterday. Even though we were the only ones on the server I had much fun working with him.

Comment

I'll give it another shot as well. Haven't had much time to game period so I'm going to be a newbie at this.

Comment

I should be on this weekend to test out the mp on my pc after I get some practice on the sp so I have some clue as to what I'm doing.

Comment

Played with a few of you now I love the tactics and such
              I came I saw I got blowed UP

Comment

Thanks raptor :D

Comment

Once I can get this patched I'll be back in...
                  Long Live the 2nd BCT and 1st MIP

Comment

Wow, I actually am seeing remarkable framerate improvement with 1.08!! Hopefully this will allow more players to participate :)

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                    "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                    - Wulfyn

Comment

Unfortunately, it has come to my attention that a few players have been unreasonable in their conduct and their expectations of other -- especially new -- Armed Assault players, to the point of yelling at them and chastising them for a lack of skills or understanding.

This is unacceptable.

One of the main reasons Tactical Gamer is such a successful community is because its members make the effort to welcome new folks (game veterans and newbs alike) into the fold and educate them. This is part of what it means to be a Tactical Gamer. If you wear the |TG| tags and/or are a Supporting Member, then you have accepted the responsibility of representing this community positively. As such, I expect our Armed Assault veterans to have patience with folks new to the game, and to show them how it should be played here. I expect our community veterans to have patience with folks new to our community, and to show them how Tactical Gamers should act.

Yelling, chastising, and/or throwing fits is NOT the way to bring new players to our servers, and it WILL NOT be tolerated. Violators will receive one warning for this sort of behavior, and then bans will be issued.

Comment

Thanks gentlemen, especially Strag and ArmA admin team, for building TG ArmA community from scratch, patiently and with dedication.

We latecomers to ArmA scene are enjoying this terrific simulation in a community and on servers you built. I hope we will be able to pay you back with our contributions to gameplay, tactics/procedures and AAR threads. And of course by bringing more TG-minded players to our servers and helping their training.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X