Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The first ArmA expansion has been announced.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first ArmA expansion has been announced.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/47468
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: The first ArmA expansion has been announced.

Odd...essentially some added story, but the thing they mention as being the best part is already available. The 1.08 patch is out and all versions do play together, so I have no idea what the last half of the article has to do with anything.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Is that British army? I like the equipment they use (warrior IFV anyone? :) )

OFP Resistance was a big jump from OFP, it would be very nice if the first ArmA expansion had a similar jump.

I dont expect an official expansion into the WWII era but a high quality WWII conversion is something I am looking forward to.

Comment

Strange, looks to be a Mod for $$$

Comment

Looks like something 505 is doing separately from BI. The whole "brings 1.08 with it" part is really confusing.

Comment

Sounds interesting. Is it saying that this adds new vehicles or weapons even though it is the 1.08 version?
            |TG| Yanu - Bad handwriting since the 8th grade.

Comment

Yeah it seems there going to leave off with 1.08? Theres still dozens of bugs to be patched ingame...

Comment

Don't fear that this will be the last patch. BI will be patching this game until its perfect. There was honestly 10+ patches for OFP

Comment

Yeh I wouldn't worry about the patch.. Remember that 1.07 was never released and they named it 1.08... I bet the expansion will be 1.09 with the new vehicles etc.

Comment

I agreee with all above, about the whole patch thing. Minus the rest, it looks and feels more like a MOD with added stuff. Not overly impressed unless they release something sexy like a new Island or some other new feature.
                    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Yeah its another EA+Profit addon/booster pack :)

Comment

Ok there will be a new island.. does that change your mind??

I actually love the fact that the developers are focusing on the "hard" stuff like the engine, islands and tools. Then letting the community use the tools to develop the vehicles etc... I look forward to ArmAWatch that will allow us to start integrating add-on content into these games.

Interview on Expansion

Comment

Now that you guys are chatting about patching etc, any chance they will optomise the game? I run a Dual core E6700 overvclocked a bit to 3.0, 2 gb DDR2 RAM, and a 8800GTS overclocked, and i cant get near full settings!:( Anyone else like this? Thinking of doing a clear system install, may help?

Comment

I have pretty much same settings as your, i run everything high except for 1 AA, its "Normal" which is on 1

Comment

Hmmmm,maybe a feresh install will help!Thanks mate!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X