FDF_SoundPack versus ModWar Sound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDF_SoundPack versus ModWar Sound

Anybody have an opinion on which of these is better?

Re: FDF_SoundPack versus ModWar Sound

Heh..Opinions are like... er... Nevermind...

Anyways.. I use FDF because..well..I didn't have an issue downloading the newest version and I have been too lazy to do the ModWar.... But I hear from some players that ModWar is great... I go to Armaholic.com and look at the ratings and such... Plus there is one that has been written about.. and I think the sounds are done by the ModWar guy..and sounds crazy good..so I am holding out...
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

If you get the latest ModWarSound pack, you will definately like it better than FDF. FDF is way better than the default sounds so either is better than nothing. The firefights just sound better with ModWar. If you bother to read the official thread on the BIS forums on the ModWarSound you can get insight into why he does what he does with the sound pack. He is an avid shooter and tries to avoid having the hollywood style sounds. He also strives for quality and is very active with his users. I like how he accepts criticism and suggestions and you see those show up in the next mod release. I was on the fence between the 2 until I got the latest 1.55c or something. Now I'm ModWar without looking back.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

FDF seems to be hollywood effects and modwar has some decent sounds, as we are all waiting for that YAASM to come out I will use modwar until then :)

Comment

I use ModWar for now but its not perfect, my biggest gripe is that some vehicles sounds are much to low at a distance which puts you at a silly disadvantage when you cant hear a humvee drive by 100m away.

This is a part of ThePredator's last post in his thread.

At the moment I take a HUGE break from ArmA, don't play it anymore and modding a game I don't play is futile.

Don't know if or when I will start working on the main project.
          Really a shame since his mod was getting better and better and now its getting to a point where I may remove the sound mod due to the bug I mentioned above. Anyway there is still one more major sound mod to come out from Chammy on the BI forums.

Comment

Originally posted by VegaBond View Post
            FDF seems to be hollywood effects and modwar has some decent sounds, as we are all waiting for that YAASM to come out I will use modwar until then :)
            Agreed, I prefer modwar but Chammy's "yet another...." will be even better. Deathknight you can install both sound mods, just change the shortcut so you load only one at a time and decide which you like best.
            |TG-Irr| Snake Doc

Comment

Thanks for the input guys ;)

Comment

Yeah chammys YAASM is the one everyone seems to be waiting on, I check everyday for it :D

Comment

I changed over to mod war sounds. The main differebce between the 2 sound packs is that the mod war sounds sounds fuller. The mod war sounds also sound more like an actual combat video sounds. Check out militaryvideos.net, you will see what I mean.

I also find the vehicle sounds much better in the mod war sounds. The sound occlusion of the vehicles is much better than FDF 1.1 version. Mod war also tweaks a lot of other stuff for SP than FDF does. Both are very good sound packs, but I give mod war an edge. A bit more realistic and they improve some aspects of the weapons for SP.

Give it a shot!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X