Amazing uber cheat/exploit found....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing uber cheat/exploit found....

See this thread and download the attached file: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...-keybinds.html

This amazing file will allow you to maximize your communication ability on the server. VOIP is not quite where it needs to be, so until then we must rely on TS. These comms can make all the difference. We had around 20+ on a one point on the Evo server last night. We had different groups in different parts of whatever city we were hitting. Stickyjeans did a great job of leading and defining what city we would hit, but 20 infantry can't all move in the same small area. As we got fragmented the calls of "BRDM to the east.!" or "Whole squad to our right!" don't necessarily apply to everyone. I split off into a new fireteam channel. Initially it was Pfeil and 4evar(aka. the chipmunk). Peardog joined us then we got a few more who were near our position to switch. Enough that Pear switched channels and started his only channel. We were then able to use channel commander to talk between squads. The only problem is no one in the main channel had channel commander on, but our two fireteams were able to move and function much better with a lot less useless chatter. Moore and Merc formed a sniper squad in another channel and gave valuable intel over channel commander to Peardog and I. This allowed us to relay valuable information to our squad.

Some may think that the splitting of fireteams slows information down or you can't hear anything. Well it has the opposite affect. A competent leader will only relay information that matters. My fireteam creeping through the city does not need to know that Transport is setting 5 infantry at LZx. That is just wasted chatter. They also don't need to hear about the direction of fire hitting the fireteam on the opposite side of the city. My team just needs to hear what they are seeing and what they need or want. Our channel was free from useless information(except when I forgot to transmit on channel commander :)) and our channel could then use comms more often without having to wait or talk over everyone. With 20 people on the server there was a lot of chatter that did not apply to everyone. This only works with enough players on the server. With just 3 or 4 there is no need to split. I say around 8+ is enough for 2 fireteams.

In summary, download the keybinds. Print out/Write down the keybinds. Be ready to use the keybinds. When you join the server. Always join the root channel if there someone in there. They should be able to tell you what squad to join. Or text in game, example "This is Khan reporting, I would like to join an infantry fireteam." Be patient and you should get a response from whoever is acting squad leader at that time or a fireteam leader that could use an extra man. If you want to fly or use armor, check those channels. or check the squad leader and see where he needs you. Here is peardogs post that includes a screenshot of what we are doing: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...7-18-07-a.html
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Re: Amazing uber cheat/exploit found....

tHa_KhAn, I can't believe you're letting the cat out of the bag with this exploit. If everyone starts using it, I can't imagine what our ArmA servers will be like. ;)

Comment

thats why I stick with squad size co-op missions, so you don't have to be jumping all over the place in TS, and not communicating with everyone, otherwise..it's not really that co-op now is it. ;)

and yes I do understand the need of multiple channels when doing large force on force or overly large co-op missions, but alot of us still prefer to play together.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
        thats why I stick with squad size co-op missions, so you don't have to be jumping all over the place in TS, and not communicating with everyone, otherwise..it's not really that co-op now is it. ;)
        I completely disagree with this. I'd say playing not only IN a squad but also WITH two or three other squads is even MORE cooperative.

I'm all for squad-sized coop missions (and we have an entire server dedicated to these), but when 20+ people want to play together in the same persistent coop mission with infantry, armor, air, and sea assets, splitting into separate channels is a necessity. BIS certainly recognizes this (as evidenced by the multiple in-game VOIP channels they've included -- there's even a separate Vehicle channel); they just haven't gotten everything working correctly yet from a technical standpoint. So, in the meantime, we'll provide our own comms system with TeamSpeak.

Comment

and yes I do understand the need of multiple channels when doing large force on force or overly large co-op missions, but alot of us still prefer to play together.
          Exactly, if we're running a 8 man COOP. No real need to switch channels. 30 man Evo game. Definitely need channels. The keybinds are simple enough that switching channels is no problem. I also recommend TS overlay, makes everything even clearer.

If you want to play with someone get in their fireteam or agree to do work as an air crew or armor crew. If one wants to fly and one wants to be a grunt, then I don't see why they need to be in the same channel unless it is for chit chat which really isn't necessary. Text works great for that too.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

What's not working as far as in-game VOIP? I've always wondered.

Comment

Originally posted by USARMY_JeonJiHyeon View Post
              What's not working as far as in-game VOIP? I've always wondered.
              It works completely fine for some people. For other people, they can be heard by others, but they can't hear anyone. For yet other people, they can hear some people, but not others.

As it stands right now, the in-game VOIP is a great concept that doesn't work reliably. Once the technical problems are fixed, we'll be able to use it to its potential, and our reliance on TeamSpeak will diminish.

Comment

Looking to do the keybinds...great stuff those templates...but I've never done a TS keybind in my life...(except changing the push to talk key). There are no instructions on HOW to do it. Unless I'm missing something.
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Boy, do we have different views on this! :row__628:

I don't see how anyone could say that a ~40-60 player coop mission, with teams separated into squad channels and multi-level communication happening at fireteam, squad, and platoon level, with supports assets and everything, all working towards a common goal, is somehow "not coop" or "less cooperative than an 8-man single-channel mission".

Shall I continue the controversy by making a statement about Evolution? No, I think not! :p

Looking to do the keybinds...great stuff those templates...but I've never done a TS keybind in my life...(except changing the push to talk key). There are no instructions on HOW to do it. Unless I'm missing something.
                  Settings -> Key Settings -> Import

Comment

well as usual, certain fans of the 40 plus type gameplay don't agree and/or misunderstood my statement...

Sure, I full understand and agree that 40 to 80 on a server in different squads is still co-op... what I'm saying, and most of who I personally play with, prefer a small squad size team all on the same TS channel talking and working together... most of us just want to get online, (and were lucky to get more then a dozen players anyway), and do a 45 to 60 minute squad size mission... because thats all we have time for...

now if I had 6 hours a night to play, then I would probally look into something big like TG or ShackTac.
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

OOPS, I was setting this thing up and testing it out, got booted from server. Didn't realize that everyone can hear the switched channel .

Now with all these binds set up, what do you use for push to talk? I was using scroll lock,but now that has a function.

For now i switched caps lock to push to talk since I never use the in game voip anyway.

Also, can in game voip be disabled to improve server performance since we are dedicated TS?
                      |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                      That noob who crashed the chopper.
                      That noob who ran over the mine.
                      That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                      That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                        Settings -> Key Settings -> Import
                        by import I assume you mean import the downloaded template file...tried to download the file and put it on my desktop...then tried to iimport it but it failed...I'll give it another go and see if I didn't zig when I shoul'dve zagged.

Thanks Dyslecxi...
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
                          Also, can in game voip be disabled to improve server performance since we are dedicated TS?
                          Disabling VOIP does not work currently. In any case, it's very reliant on peer-to-peer connections and there is not much server load associated with it. If you're not even using it to begin with, there's no real need to turn it off for the sake of performance.

by import I assume you mean import the downloaded template file...tried to download the file and put it on my desktop...then tried to iimport it but it failed...I'll give it another go and see if I didn't zig when I shoul'dve zagged.
                          It should ask you what file to import, in which case you just point it to the one you downloaded.

Comment

....but alot of us still prefer to playtogether.
                            Heh.. I agree Magnum..There is a very different feeling from a 20 man coop- (I can't even think of a 50 man Cluster)..compared to a 8 man or less mission. The smaller single objective missions somehow engross you a bit more...
                            It's nice to know the guy or your left and on your right and to be honest I feel when you screw up in a smaller mission you let the guys down a bit... a bigger mission you are just a number....

BigC has a mission out where you gotta sneak into a Hotel and off some leader or something...Nighttime Black Ops stuff.. Very tense stuff when played with a few guys ..although C cheats by giving the Civi's guns (It's part of thier culture...) BLAH!! ;-)
                            |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                            ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Quick question about the default key binds in this h4xx0r expl01t: I play on a laptop until the recommissioning of my desktop, which won't be for a few months, so I have no "NumPad". Are the Alt-# key combinations bound to anything else by default in ArmA, or can I use those as a replacement for most of the defaults?
                              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X