Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'bout to jump in...

I'm about to d/l the digi arma release.

Is there anything i need to know... have the version issues been resolved, everyone can play together, etc etc.

Don't want to shell out for a game that is all about multiplayer and not be able to play with anyone.

Also any quick things to read for someone who hasn't played yet... i tried the demo once and its not easy to catch onto beyond just shooting... spotting, coms, etc.
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Re: bought to jump in...

You'll catch on fast in a week or two. When I first got it, I almost though I had wasted my money after a couple of days, but then I started getting used to it and now I realize how much better it is than Project Reality.

The version issues are resolved, and everybody plays together on the same version now. Sounds like you've been researching this for a little while, that shows you're really interested.

If the demo ran fine graphically and you know that this is the 'kind' of game you enjoy, I say just get it over with and buy it. Come play with us on the realism side of things. You will always find an Evolution or other server with at least 20 people. Last weekend we had a joint operation with ShackTac... proper chain of command as necessary, required comms, awesome tactics, and one life per person for each entire round... for a total of 80+ people playing. Talk about awesome.

Come on, what are you really waiting for? :)

Comment

I also recomend it very highly. Make sure to download all the latest patches up to version 1.08, that should keep you right, a lot of issues are resolved. If you do have problems, ask on TS in game, or post here, always someone helpful around!

Comment

evolution? is that a mod
        |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

Nope..Evo is just a Mod/Map...
          .... Remember...It's just a MAP/Mod... It's NOT ARMA...

;-)
          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

thsi game will probably grow on you like alot of us, theres all kinds of little shortcuts but they're easy enough to remember, here's you first one ;) press K to bring up a compass and double tap it to keep it up :P, welcome aboard. and yes with 1.08 ALL versions are on the same level and everyone plays together in the TG arma server

Comment

Seems like a shame to get caught up in ARMA 2 weeks before .6 in PR....
              |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

i kinda thought the same thing ^.^, this is kinda what PR tries to accomplis though a realistic battle sim, this is just closer to it

Comment

What graphics lvl do you guys play on .... I've got P4ht 3.0, 2 gigs of ram, X1950 with 512 (agp, admittedly) and I'm having issues on high settings... game doesnt play smooth enough, makes it very difficult....

and is there a command for fps so i can fine tune my settings?
                  |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

You can run Teamspeak overlay, which is IMO very necessary for this game. It shows your fps also.

The game isn't very optimized yet so playing with settings is necessary, especially since you have to change your server side view distance in the evolution mission. Basically you need your view distance (setting in the little building at base) to be around 2000 (mine is 1800 usually) or as much as you can without your fps being too low
                    |TG-Irr| Snake Doc

Comment

I run on all High/Very high on my 6700 duo, 8800 GTS SC, umm 2 gigs ram, and thebest part

WINDOWS XP SP2!!111!!!!one!!

Comment

I read somewhere early on that this title is CPU intensive. Not sure why I think you may need to know this but there it is.
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Re: 'bout to jump in...

i run a E6700 dual core (OC slightly to 3.0), 8800 gts, 2gb RAM (Have 4 but it wont work with xp) and im not able to run the game near high in server, i guess its optimisation that is the problem, there are still issues.... Switch, your CPU will probably be your bottleneck, but it should run fine. I only recently discovered that you can turn settings up in Evo, as in single player i have full view distance, but in Evo, anything above 4000 metres i get very choppy!

Comment

Im running
                            AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Windsor 2.2GHz
                            ABIT KN9S Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
                            XFX GeForce 7600GT 256MB
                            OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Although my newest config will run the game with higher settings... Which BTW are more beautiful than the SSs around the web... I used to have a AMD1700+, that I had to run everything on lowest settings for better game play.. So I got used to playing games on low settings.. In ArmA most are set on low,a couple on med.. shadows off ... Although I do set my draw distance to max.

I just find I would rather game for fun, than worrying about the pretty skin on the BMP that just wasted my intire squad :/
                            theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                            E Pluribus Unum
                            Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                            Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

you did good flying tonight switch
                              I came I saw I got blowed UP

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server