So I just got the demo...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I just got the demo...

The game itself must be great, but how bad my computer is is killing my game experience. The game lags, even when I set the graphics to Ultra Low. I found the TG demo server but it said it was being created. Im not sure if I want to spend all that money to upgrade my computer just for one game... So does anyone play on the demo server anymore?
    sigpic

Re: So I just got the demo...

i havent played the demo for a while, its more or less for messing around. the real game, as i've said in other posts is much much different

Comment

What system are you running mate? The demo is not a good advert.....i recommend you spend the $40 and see what you have let yourself in for!:) Hell, if you Irregs are wondering where Sam has disappeared for the last week...look no further!:)

Comment

Ikill, glad you are trying the game! The TG demo server just got set up yesterday by Strag, in preparation for some "exhibitions" for those interested in trying out ArmA. We will be posting the info for it, but look for activity on the server next week!

As Jeepo said, the demo is not the best example of how the currently patched full game will run on your system. Post your specs, and we'll give you a better idea!

Until last week, I was running it on a 3500+ with a 6800GT, 2 gig Ram. - I ran everything on low, 1024 reso, and i got smooth framerates everywhere.

Now, i'm on a E6420, with a 8800gts 640, and of course it runs like a dream. One of the beauties of this game is the scalability. As long as you have a computer built with games in mind, built in the last 3 years, you can run it.

Comment

Man I want to play that Evolution mode thing, that has to be amazing. And yes, I have seen Sam in the ArmA TS channel.

Specs (from XFire):

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
          Memory: 512MB RAM
          Hard Drive: 167 GB
          Video Card: MSI MS-StarForce GeForce FX 5500 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500)
          Sound Card: Realtek AC97 Audio
          Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

I bet its my RAM, isnt it?
          sigpic

Comment

Hell, if you Irregs are wondering where Sam has disappeared for the last week...look no further!
            Its true! BF2 just isn't the same anymore.

Ikill, I only barely run on normal settings and I have a core 2 duo, this game is not for the faint of computing power at all, but if you are able to run it decently I think you'll find it rather impressive both visually and tactically.

Comment

so your saying get a better processor?
              sigpic

Comment

It's the Ram and graphics card. sorry dude.

Comment

dang, i really wanted to play this game w/ you guys :(
                  Last edited by ikill4aliving; 06-23-2007, 12:40 AM. Reason: typo
                  sigpic

Comment

the ram and the graphics card are lacking, but there are a couple solution that should yield better results

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814141038

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145026

the video card is in the next series, and i used to own one. havent tried it with arma but its about twice as powerfull as that FX card you got. The memory is from a brand i really trust and buy ram from whenever i need it. along with G.Skill and GEIL

Comment

In general guys, does the demo run better or worse then the full version? I'm betting worse because there 'll be more vehicles in it and other stuff.

Comment

Depends Al on the mission that you are playing. A large missions in cities I can take a huge frame hit. Smaller missions in the countryside I can get excellent frames....in both Demo and Retail. I'd give the demo about 5 extra FPS.
                        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Ah unfortunate. I was just checking the demo again and It was giving me a headache due to poor fps. But thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
                            the ram and the graphics card are lacking, but there are a couple solution that should yield better results

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814141038

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145026

the video card is in the next series, and i used to own one. havent tried it with arma but its about twice as powerfull as that FX card you got. The memory is from a brand i really trust and buy ram from whenever i need it. along with G.Skill and GEIL
                            great prices! maybe I should save up...
                            sigpic

Comment

Hmm.. What about my computer?

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ 1.81 GHz Performance Rated at 3.00 GHz
                              Memory: 958.5 MB
                              Hard Drive: 167 GB
                              Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6100 by TweaksRUs (GeForce 6100)
                              Sound Card: Realtek AC'97 Audio
                              Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X