Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evolution Q&A

What is Evolution?
    • Evolution is an Armed Assault coop mission type.
    • Main objective is to clear the cities and capture the whole Sahrani Island. A.I. enemy occupies the cities.
    • There are also side missions that can be requested by SLs from HQ.
    • The battle is over when all cities are cleared.

Joining an Evolution Session
    • Max players: 30
    • As player population increases, joining process may take longer (up to 5-10 min).
    • All available slots are for squad leaders (SLs) which means there are max 30 squads and you start the game at the main base as a squad leader. You can recruit A.I. soldiers or accept other players into your squad. If you dont want to be a SL, you can leave your squad and join another one as squad member.

How Can I Join Another Squad?
    • Either from Transfer Building (point to the table and Request Transfer) at the main base OR when you board the same vehicle with the leader of the squad you want to switch to.
    • It is advised to switch to the TG ArmA Evolution Teamspeak Squad Channel (ex. Squad 1, Squad 2, etc) of the SL and make a verbal join request before sending a request in-game. The SL needs to talk to his squad members (assignments, mission updates, etc) and due to problems with in-game VOIP, we use TeamSpeak for radio communication.

How Can I Accept Someone in My Squad?
    • When they request a transfer, a "Recruit Player Name" message will appear. Press your "action" key to accept.

Ranked vs Unranked Evolution Servers

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
    Ranked means after so many points you get abilities to drive certain vehicles and do certain things, all the way up to Colonel (200 points). At Colonel the G36s are unlocked as well the AH1 Cobras and the A10s and Harriers.

Unranked means that with 20 instead of 200 points you become Colonel and have full access to assets. One point is needed to achieve Major to use most assets.

Picking up weapons from Ammo Crates

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
    Available weapons depend on your rank. Even on an unranked server, you need at least 20 points to get Colonel rank in order to see all available weapons, such as the Javelin.
    Vehicles in Evolution

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
    ...most vehicles don't respawn. You actually have to go back to the location they were destroyed/went down and repair and refuel them. The only vehicles that do respawn at home base are the unarmed HMMWVs/MH-6s and the repair/ammo/fuel trucks.
    =========================

To Do List
    - TG Evolution Tutorial/Q&A Wiki page or sticky Evolution thread.
    - Transfer of help section from in-game notes to here.
    - Addition of more entries. You can also make corrections/additions to previous entries.
    Last edited by Strag; 06-26-2007, 12:44 PM.

Re: Evolution Q&A

Ranked vs Unranked Evolution Servers

Ranked means after so many points you get abilitys to drive certain vehicles and do certain things, all the way up to Colonal(200 points) at colonal the G36's are unlocked as well the AH1 cobra's and the A10's+Harriers

unranked, with 20 instead of 200 points you become colonal and have full access to assets 1 point for major for most assets

Picking up weapons from Ammo Crates

Available weapons depends on your rank. Even on an unranked server, you need at least 20 points to get colonal rank in order to see all available weapons such as javelin weapons

although i stronly believe 200 points is fair and those weapons should be available to those who played enough to EARN them

Comment

Updated

Comment

Is the server lagging?/ Are you all lagging?

Evolution server lag is caused by the server having to run too many Enemy Infantry AI (EIAI)at once. EIAI spawn in cities as soon as BluFor are spotted near it, and continue to spawn and move up from the city next in the chain of attack until the radio tower is destroyed.

In other words if you fly over Ortego while we are still clearing Cayo, EIAI and vehicles start to move from Corazol to Ortego. Even if we still need to clear two cities before we ever start attacking Ortego. Last week I killed 33 EIAI south of Obregan before I ever got close to the city.
        theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
        E Pluribus Unum
        Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
        Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

How do I put markers on the map?

The "M" key will open your map showing you alot of info put there by others in the game. You can add markers of many style and color, with text next to them. Double clicking where you want to put the marker brings up the default "Four-Arrows Icon" in red. Using the up-n-down arrow keys will cycle through them. If you "shift, up-n-down" will cycle throught the colors.
          Add your text message and press "Enter".
          To delete markers, simply put your cursor over the marker and press the "delete" key.

The most important part of placing markers is what "Comm channel In-Game" you are using. The "," and "." key cycles through the channels. If you want only your squad to see the markers, use the squad channel. Same with the Side channel, Vehicle channel.. etc.
          E Pluribus Unum

Comment

Does the VOIP, In Game Voice work?

Well, it does work. Yet it has alot to be desired. Some people wont be able to hear you at all. Some will only hear you if you are near them.:row__639: Kind of buggy at the moment.

Which is why TG require everyone to use TeamSpeak while on the ArmA servers.
            E Pluribus Unum

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
              Does the VOIP, In Game Voice work?

Well, it does work. Yet it has alot to be desired. Some people wont be able to hear you at all. Some will only hear you if you are near them.:row__639: Kind of buggy at the moment.
              Isn't that pretty much the definition of voip "not working"?

Comment

To build upon this great thread and towards one of the goals John C stated in the OP, I am creating a tacticalwiki article for playing Evo 3.0 on the TG server. I have compiled all of the information from this thread and throughout the forums as well as external sources. I think the wiki will serve as agreat guide for new players or returning players that need a refresh. I am50% done and hope to have an initial version up under the ArmA category tonight. I will update you as this develops.
                LoyalGuard

Comment

Loyal, you are THE man !

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed