Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evolution Server Guide

Gentlemen's Agreement for Evolution

I am borrowing this idea from our Battlefield 2 forums to make people aware of the style of play and expectations that we at Tactical Gamer want when there are significant numbers of players on the Evolution server. Please read and acknowledge that you have read these guidelines. Please feel free to make suggestions. We are a growing community and need to remain flexible, but we also need to avoid certain types of behavior.

1. I have read and understand all of the Tactical Gamer Armed Assault Announcements, Rules, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).

2. I will do my best to maintain the limited vehicles that I use. I will not leave destroyed vehicles in the field only to return to base to take another with no intent of retrieving the original. I will take the time to get a Repair and a Refuel truck to the crash site. (If you can fly, you can get one A.I. soldier to drive the other vehicle.)

3. I will do my best to respect the simulation side of this game. I will avoid choosing arcade game style or very unrealistic styles of play. I will respect my character's life, the lives of my teammates, and the cost of the equipment. I will not needlessly charge into battle without fear because I know I can respawn. I will not use respawnable vehicles as disposable transports (for example, bailing out of an MH-6 instead of landing; they respawn in the same time, they just dissappear when destroyed.)

4. I will make use of the TeamSpeak Standard Operating Procedure. I know this helps communication and overall improves gameplay on the server.

5. I will not take joy flights/rides around the cities. Evolution does not spawn enemy A.I. until a player nears the city. Doing this degrades server performance as there are more A.I. spawned than can be easily managed by the server. This also leads to mobbed cities with dozens more A.I. pouring in from other cities even after the original city is cleared.

6. When I see that the Platoon structure is in use on the server, I will repsect the others that are in the Platoon and follow these guidelines:

What it means to be a Platoon Leader:

A Platoon Leader is the designated "commander" of the Evolution server. Unlike Battlefield 2, not everyone on the Evolution server MUST participate in the platoon; however, once you have joined the platoon you ARE bound to obey the orders of the chain of command. Individuals not participating in the platoon are free to work on clearing the same town in another detachment/squad. However, the platoon will be considered primary for all combat actions taking place on the server. If an individual is preventing the platoon from accomplishing an objective, then they are considered out of compliance and will be disciplined.

A Platoon Leader's extent of control:

As leader of the primary combat group, the Platoon Leader has the right to request access to assets in Evolution that the platoon ACTIVELY requires. What this means is that a Platoon Leader can request a UH-60 for use by the squads participating in the platoon effort. Individuals operating outside the platoon must respect the Platoon Leader's request for the vehicle, as the platoon presents a "greater need." On the flip side, a Platoon Leader is not entitled to say, "All choppers are reserved for the platoon action." There is a balance here and we expect the Platoon Leader to respect individual desires to operate outside the platoon.

If the platoon has designated a target or goal, it has the right to control how that objective will be defeated. For example, the Platoon Leader declares he/she is taking the platoon to clear Cayo. Attacking Cayo is now under the control of the Platoon Leader. The new server password will be: tgevo. Other individuals operating outside the platoon must respect the wishes of the Platoon Leader. This means you are NOT allowed to jump into a chopper or tank and clear out Cayo without direct orders from the Platoon Leader (even if you aren't in the platoon). This is necessary so a platoon doesn't spend 30 minutes getting ready to assault a town, only to have someone with a high rank roll in and clear it. Again, we need people to be understanding with each other about the benefits of more organized play.

If an individual isn't respecting the needs of the platoon, or a Platoon Leader is overly controlling with assets, the admins will help arbitrate these competing demands. As always, issues with individuals and/or admins are to be communicated via Private Message to the admin(s). This also applies to individuals you may feel are purposely not meeting the expectations in this agreement. Send a Private Message to an Admin and leave the player alone. If you can absolutely not stand their behavior and cannot find an admin, we have another server with hundreds of missions on the same islands that Evolution takes place on. Enjoy.

*Addendum*

All CAS and Dedicated Transport pilots will be in the Air Element channel and under the command of an Air Ops Coodinator. Air Ops Coordinator (AOC) organizes and coordinates all air elements (unit code assignments, clearance to engage cities, etc). ACO works with Platoon Leader and Ground Units for coordination of assaults, troop/supply transport and repair services. If there is not an ACO, Pilots are still expected to be in the Air Element channel and provide support to ground squads. If a pilot is present in Air Channel, they will provide the transport. No others should be using aircraft and not in the Air Channel. If they are not willing to provide transport, then seek an admin or PM an admin of the situation.

All Engineers will be required to perform their roles as the repairmen of the server. By selecting Engineer slot you automatically become available to assist others on the server recovering vehicles. If you do not want this responsibility, do not select this slot. Pilots should Not select Engineer slots. Pilots, who are performing their piloting duties, will be unavailable to assist others in recovering vehicles most times. The exception to this rule is under ACO operation the ACO may appoint a transport pilot to become Engineer to assist in any recover operations. Engineer slots should also be reserved to only Mechanized Infantry and Armor Squads. If you are going to be a ground pounder and not willing to spend hours recovering downed armor, do not select these slots. If the server is full and only Engineer slots available and you do not wish to fulfill these duties, contact the Platoon Leader or Armor Element and almost guaranteed someone will switch with you.
    Last edited by tHa_KhAn; 08-29-2007, 09:42 AM.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Re: Evolution Server Guide

very nice =D! i've read and will follow the guidelines set forth. signed with a ballpoint pen
    Last edited by stickyjeans69; 06-26-2007, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I have read and will follow these guidelines.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I have read and will follow the guidelines to the best of my ability.

I have some questions:

How do we know when the Platoon command structure is in place. No disrespect intended but it seems rather arbitrary. Is Platoon structure in use when someone decides they'll be in command...or is it something more than that.

<edit> Will be useful to those who read :)

I'm confused about when it's okay to split off on a side mission with a smaller group and when it's not. If there is a Platoon commander all all troops in the server expected to participate in the Platoon ops? A quick read says that's not the case...but how do we avoid conflict if 75% of the troops are under the command structure and only a handful are not.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
          I have read and will follow the guidelines to the best of my ability.

I have some questions:

How do we know when the Platoon command structure is in place. No disrespect intended but it seems rather arbitrary. Is Platoon structure in use when someone decides they'll be in command...or is it something more than that.

<edit> Will be useful to those who read :)

I'm confused about when it's okay to split off on a side mission with a smaller group and when it's not. If there is a Platoon commander all all troops in the server expected to participate in the Platoon ops? A quick read says that's not the case...but how do we avoid conflict if 75% of the troops are under the command structure and only a handful are not.
          remember, this is for significant numbers. If there is 5 or 6 this is not going to work. When you cross into 10 plus, I would suggest a two squad approach. Any more than that, a platoon leader needs to be established. The idea being using global chat and TS to communicate someone's desire to be a platoon leader and organize the server. As a tactical community, I don't see why anyone would be adamantly opposed to this. It's a voluntary thing, but remember why would you not want an organized assault? If there are 20 people on the server 18 want organized play, the other 2 are able to do side missions or participate in the designated city as their own squad. While they don't get micromanaged, they also get no real say in what objectives or resources they can use. There are also plenty of other servers with evo to play unorganized and our other server had dozens and dozens of missions loaded.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

so i assume if a platoon leader is established it is required to listen to him, and not go do missions etc without his explicit approval?

Comment

Signed. Thanks for putting this together Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
                so i assume if a platoon leader is established it is required to listen to him, and not go do missions etc without his explicit approval?
                Once a platoon leader is established by the majority of players, then platoon rules apply. Meaning if you do not wish to participate you can do side missions(avoiding cities that are nearby) and assault any town that the platoon is also attacking. The catch is in both cases those not in the platoon must respect the platoon leader's wishes on what town and what resources. Those outside the platoon are free to use any vehicles for their missions that are not being used by the platoon. However, they can not hop in an attack helo and rape the city the platoon is attacking because the platoon is not using attack helo's.

Let me make this clear, Platoon leader in no way shape or form becomes an admin. He is just a commander like BF2. Think of the BF2 server rules. Report those that do not follow commands. The exception being as long as they are not in interfering with the Platoon missions/assaults then they do not have to abide by the platoon and are not in violation.

Again the platoon leader is essentially elected, if the server as a whole does not want a platoon structure then someone cannot declare themselves platoon leader and start complaining to others. However, if you are following all the other guidelines, appointing a platoon leader and then squad leaders should be part of the natural progression with increased numbers on the server.
                |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Signed
                  I came I saw I got blowed UP

Comment

Read and understood

Comment

Read...
                      |TG-Irr| Red

Comment

I have read and will follow these guidelines.

Comment

I have read - understood & will follow the guidelines
                          "I like a man who grins when he fights"
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

signed..

Comment

Read and understood
                              "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X