My crummy thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My crummy thoughts

I tryed the demo in SP, and I just could not get the hang of anything. I was totaly lost and confused. had a heck of a time trying to set up my keys the way I like them to be. never could get some of them to work/stick and or change.
    maybe because I have a learning disability and things are hard for me to learn.
    {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Re: My crummy thoughts

It's not you fetterman, there is a big learning curve with ArmA, but once you are in for a couple of hours it is much better.

The demo SP and the multi-world and custom SP we play is vastly different, plus there are plenty of helpful people to get you up to speed. If you can drop the cash, definitiely get the full version and hop on the TG ArmA TS and servers...we'll get you past basic and into OCS in no time!
    LoyalGuard

Comment

Thanks Loyal, but I am planning on buying a new digi SLR cam next week. only new game I am going to get is the next guildwars release this fall.
      hmmm maybe I trade the kids to jeepo in exchange for a armA game :)
      {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

I don't think the learning curve is that high just takes about 1-2 hours to get familiar with the game once you set up your keys. I am sure if you were to jump online you would get it in no time.

Main thing is to always stay crouched so when you move you instantly crouch again and go prone if you hear any gunfire. That way you can stay alive long enough to get the hang of it.

Comment

The best advice I've received so far: SloppyJoe told me that I can remove the "float" thing with the mouse, so that when I move it, the world follows, just like the world in all the other games.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I firmly believe the best way to learn this game is to ahve someone take you under their wing, who has that 'right" attitude, and is willing to give you and hour or so fo their time. walk you into a mission withthem and give them constant vocal information on keys to press, things to do, and how not to get shot.

Some one did that for me and I'm all over it now.
            Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

thanks, still waiting to see if Jeepo will make a trade.

:)

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

Originally posted by sgt fetterman View Post
                Thanks Loyal, but I am planning on buying a new digi SLR cam next week.
                Better be a Pentax, or your virtual life won't be safe with me around. :p

Comment

Yes, there is a learning curve. But the game is rewarding.

I'll share one of the things I got caught up on for a while. I picked up the game, and started playing throught the tutorials. I only had like 30 minutes or so a night for it.

The thing that frustrated me the most, for I couldn't figure out how to "do it", was cycling through your choices that you'd use the "enter" key to decide on. I didn't realize you could use the mouse wheel to cycle through your choices! D'oh! Part of this came from my Doom 3 mentality, "Okay, just start the game and GO! Can't be that hard to do stuff, right? Everything should be obvious, right?"

I'm still learning.

Comment

Fetterman, if your a fan of realism and gun-ho intense squad play, this game is definately for you. My friends tried to get me into this game several times but after playing the Demo i said absolutely not.

John Can. got me to go buy it and I must say, the demo is nothing compared to the real game. As of this moment I can't find myself playing PR or any other FPS until this game loses it's edge, and from what i've seen and what is coming out for this, its gona be a very long time before this game becomes anything less than epic.
                    |TG-1stMIP|Phoenix

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steppy View Post
                      Fetterman, if your a fan of realism and gun-ho intense squad play, this game is definately for you. My friends tried to get me into this game several times but after playing the Demo i said absolutely not.

John Can. got me to go buy it and I must say, the demo is nothing compared to the real game. As of this moment I can't find myself playing PR or any other FPS until this game loses it's edge, and from what i've seen and what is coming out for this, its gona be a very long time before this game becomes anything less than epic.
                      QFT.. This is what I keep telling the guys in the 5th.. But they cant get over the "last generation game engine" thing... "The graphics dont do anything for me"...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! If they only knew :row__738:

psst, dont tell them ... Im supposed to be testing for PoE2s next release:row__635:
                      theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                      E Pluribus Unum
                      Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Fetterman, if your a fan of realism and gun-ho intense squad play, this game is definately for you.
                        Yes I love this type of FPS game play.
                        I'll see about getting it next month. I hope it will not be disapointing like BF-2142, IMO I wasted $55.00 on it.
                        I do not think I can sell it, as I belive the game is tied into my EA account.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

"ANGELofDEATH psst, dont tell them ... Im supposed to be testing for PoE2s next release"

LOL no wonder they can not find you on the POE2 server. you are hiding in armA

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

Same here. Demo was terrible (I also did not know then how to set mouse controls ect.). I cannot think of more fun for less dollar than ArmA. Most new titles in Canada sell for around 70$.
                            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X