Thinking about buying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about buying

Hey guys, Im thinking about purchasing Armed Assault but I am having problems finding it anywere in the stores. Does anyone have any experance with Direct2Drive, and does it work well with the normal retail version of the game. As if it does I will probbly go that route, otherwise i will have to order it from Amazon. Thanks for any info.

Northlord

Re: Thinking about buying

I got my copy from Atari's website, and it works just fine. It took about four hours to download.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I also have Atari's version. works perfectly no issues with activations

Comment

I'd advise againts downloading it, buy it from amazon or ebgames or gamestop or some place like that.

Lots of people have problems with the activation with downloading especially when applying patches.

If you have to download it, then I think the game is worth it as I've finally been able to play it after fixing the issue with my 8800 vid card.

US version:
        http://www.amazon.com/Atari-ArmA-Com...2997970&sr=8-1

Int'l version (I think or at least british version):
        http://www.amazon.com/505-Games-ArmA...2997970&sr=8-3

Free shipping on orders over $25 just have to wait a little longer.

Mention my name, you'll get a blank stare.
        Last edited by deathknight; 06-27-2007, 10:35 PM. Reason: Added links

Comment

Originally posted by deathknight View Post
          I'd advise againts downloading it, buy it from amazon or ebgames or gamestop or some place like that.

Lots of people have problems with the activation with downloading especially when applying patches.

If you have to download it, then I think the game is worth it as I've finally been able to play it after fixing the issue with my 8800 vid card.

US version:
          http://www.amazon.com/Atari-ArmA-Com...2997970&sr=8-1

Int'l version (I think or at least british version):
          http://www.amazon.com/505-Games-ArmA...2997970&sr=8-3

Free shipping on orders over $25 just have to wait a little longer.

Mention my name, you'll get a blank stare.
          What issue did you have with your 8800?

Comment

There IS no activation process with Atari. The patch installs just fine.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Just as an update, i decided to download from Atari, hopefully I can join some of you TG guys tonight, in the mean time im brushing up on the SOPs here on the fourms, hope to see you soon.

-Northlord

Comment

or your local Wally-World should have it.
                theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                E Pluribus Unum
                Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

I used direct2drive. Activated just fine, and the patch installs like normal.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                    What issue did you have with your 8800?
                    The spazing strobe light night vision. Which still isn't fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                      New Beta Drivers from NVidia are out John (XP 32 only, the rest were pulled). I have an 8800GTS 320 and when I tried it during lunch I saw a marked FPS increase (I assume it has to do with the new drivers but there are alot of factors of course). Maybe the new drivers will help with the NVG probs as well. We'll see during the next night cycle.

It's funny, you should see my ArmA.exe shortcut command line now trying to improve video performance:

-world=empty -maxmem=320 -nosplash....

All that being said, I still am very happy with the performance...I do believe another incremental patch or two and we should be good to go!
                      LoyalGuard

Comment

Downloading now....Would you recomend those things in the shortcut Loyal? I will give em a try if it means i can run smoother.....

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                          Damn, I thought that was normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                            Downloading now....Would you recomend those things in the shortcut Loyal? I will give em a try if it means i can run smoother.....

Yeah, loads faster if nothing else. I am still tweaking with the mem amount. I mausing 320 b/c that's teh VRAM on my 8800.

A little time with the NVGs today with no probs!
                            LoyalGuard

Comment

I had an issue with the movies at the beginning of single player not playing properly. But now, I think it might have been one of the mods I was running so I'm gonna troubleshoot and see if I can reproduce the error.

Plus, the in-game menu would take years to pop-up when you hit escape.

Now everything is running fine so I just have to reenable the mods and see which one was the problem.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X