Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 questions on gameplay...

OK...

1. I noticed since the v1.08 patch when I order my AI squad to mount in vehicles, then in column formation... that works fine, but since v1.08 if I order them, in vehicles, in line or wedge formation they don't move into formation, they stay in column formation, no matter what... this was not a problem before the v1.08 patch...

anyone else notice this, am i doing something wrong, give it a try and let me know... thx.

2. OK, sitting here trying to remember my second question, lol, oh well...maybe I'll edit it in later.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: 2 questions on gameplay...

1) Do the AI have enough room to get in? I noticed that when you land a chopper on Evo next to the ammo crates and inbetween the spawn shed and mission shed, the AI refuse to get in because they don't have adequate space to move around to get in. Human players have no problem getting in in that area, on the other hand.

2) The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plains.

Comment

They get in the assigned vehicles and move out in proper column formation, just can't get them to go line formation in vehicle... I want all 4 vehicles to be in line to crest a hill and light up the enemy together.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I misunderstood, and your question is still unanswered. Sorry! :)

Comment

Magnum-

Unfortunately I never played befor 1.08 so I can't comment on how it worked then but after about an hour trying different things this weekend I too could not get them to take any vehicle formation except column. I tried various combat modes and tried every formation with no luck. The only thing I didn't try was Flank left/Right, I will try today but have a feeling it will just put them in a column to the left or right. Have you tried asking on the BIS forums?
          LoyalGuard

Comment

I didnt have any problem getting the AI in vehicles, and using formations other than column...
            [media]http://www.tacticalsites.com/~sgtmoore/Videos/AIFormations.wmv[/media]

Comment

Very interesting Moore...I did notice that although you did drive at times, all the commands you gave were when you were NOT driving but in the vehicle. Maybe that is the trick...did you try yo get them to change formations while driving?

Good info...thanks!
              LoyalGuard

Comment

The key is actually to put all the AI in Danger mode....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X