Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple of Questions (ICV capacity, Laser Designator, etc)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of Questions (ICV capacity, Laser Designator, etc)

Do you know:

1) Ammo/equipment load capacity for Stryker ICVs? (How many unit slots. A stanag magazine occupies 1 slot whereas a Javelin rocket requires 6)

2) Max range for Mk .19 grenade launcher (Phoenix and E-male helped me to find out that 2 km is in range. I am wondering what the max is)

3) How laser painting works? (Marking is ok but how things go on pilot side? What they see and how?)

4) MPG and fuel capacity for Stryker ICV? or max range for it without refuelling? (Is this a parameter set by map maker by the way?)

Thanks gentlemen.

Re: Couple of Questions (ICV capacity, Laser Designator, etc)

3), when you mark a target with the laser designator the pilot presses "tab" while under the GBU loadout and will see a target called Lasermarker, he then flys to the target waits for the bomb to lock and pulls the trigger

4) couldn't tell you the exact range, but it's enough to drive around both islands if you don't stop. moving through citys and leaving it running you will start to see those fuel levels get lower and lower

Comment

1. Here is what you do. Based on the infantry inventory. Rifle mags are 1 inventory slot. Get you and your buddy to dump them in the ICV till they start to spill out. Count how many you have thats the inventory.

4. Get in an ICV set a Squad waypoint 1200 meters out( flatest terrain possible). Accelerate to max speed at 1000 meters start a stop watch. At 0 meters stop start watch. 1000meters/time it took to get there(should be how many meters per minute) multiply by 60. That should give you your kilometers and hour. Now refuel, drive the striker till it runs out of fuel(keeping max speed as much as possible). multiply by you max speed should give a approximate max range. tell me if my math sucks becuase it probable does.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
        4. Get in an ICV set a Squad waypoint 1200 meters out( flatest terrain possible). Accelerate to max speed at 1000 meters start a stop watch. At 0 meters stop start watch. 1000meters/time it took to get there(should be how many meters per minute) multiply by 60.
        This is close to being correct but not quite. The algebraic formula is D(Distance) = V(Velocity) multiplied by T(Time)

So they would take the time it took them to drive 1000m and then solve for V.

V would be D/T. So if it took them sixty seconds to drive 1000m (keeping it simple) then V would be 1000m (or 1km) per 60 seconds (1min) thus 1kpm or converted to 60kph.

Comment

Originally posted by John CANavar View Post
          Do you know:

2) Max range for Mk .19 grenade launcher (Phoenix and E-male helped me to find out that 2 km is in range. I am wondering what the max is)
          I *believe* that JohnCAN and Jeepo were working on this last night.

Comment

Thanks for the replies folks...

In fact, I already planned very similar test runs and calculations but before running them, I just wondered if anyone else already knew the answers. In fact, these little test runs quite fun and I dont mind spending time on them.

I will post the results soon.

Comment

To make it easier you could use the setfuel command to make the vehicle nearly empty then just multiply to get an approximate range

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X