Tuesday July 3rd evening COOP session 19:00 Eastern

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday July 3rd evening COOP session 19:00 Eastern

After looking at the AAR's and with the pending holiday on the 4th in the US(do u UK guys have a banking holiday?), I figure this night would have a good turn out. I am proposing an organized session for Evolution. Myself and few others have some things we would like to test as far as organization and immersion. Basically I only need committments from a Platoon leader and Squad leaders. The PL's and SL's can do some pre-planning. Everyone else will be informed in game via live mission briefing.

The idea calls for a Platoon leader, Air element Leader, Armor Element Leader, and 2 infantry squad leaders. John C will be leading a mechanized infantry unit so we only need at least 1 more commitment for infantry squad leader. I will be happy to fill in where needed in leadership or not lead at all. Do not be afraid to sign up for Platoon Leader. If you want to just lead I will be more than happy to handle the logistics side of things with a support convoy etc so the PL will only need to deal with coordination between elements.

Remember everyone who follows our SOP's is invited to attend. I only need sign ups from the group leaders. If you want to attend, but don't want to lead feel free to post here as well so we know how many infantry squad leaders we will need. The reason I am choosing Evolution is this is short notice and we won't need as much planning to carry out complex maneuvers since everyone is familiar with the mission already. Hopefully in the future we attempt a few other large scale COOPS with some more specific missions. However, Evolution is a great way to introduce the concept of pre-planned COOP sessions which so many of our new players don't realize exist. The idea is play a a campaign style mission with high immersion.

So if you want a leadership position, post here telling me what position you want or if you are definitely going to make it and willing to help out in any leadership. Let's get these filled by Sunday so we can plan a few things before Tuesday.

Platoon Leader-----Khan
    Air Element---- Koala
    Armor Element---- Peardog
    Infantry Squad 1--- John C (Mechanized)
    Infantry Squad 2----John F (Airborne)

optional:
    Spec Ops/Sniper/Recon squad---- Pfeil2281
    Infantry Squad 3----
    Last edited by tHa_KhAn; 07-01-2007, 02:04 PM.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Re: Tuesday July 3rd evening COOP session

I can participate in this event and would enjoy leading a Special Forces squad.

Comment

PL and SLs,

Please also assign a backup officer for your position and keep them in loop (preparation). In case you cannot make it to operation, this kind of backup plan would make things easier for everyone else. These backup PL/SLs should be able to step up and lead without any hesitation. Thanks.

Comment

John F signing up for second infantry squad leader.

Comment

updated...reflecting requests....can't believe the air element is still open with all the begging to fly that goes on.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

I'm in.. I can fly or ground pound.. Where ever I'm needed.
            TG Regular
            TGU Staff
            ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
            Evil Koala
            LeftSkidLow

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
              updated...reflecting requests....can't believe the air element is still open with all the begging to fly that goes on.

Air element should be kept small 2-3 ferry pilots and one CAS pilot.

Comment

i would say 2 MH-6 Littlebirds and one CAS pilot, a gunner also if it's the cobra.

Comment

Count me in for a grunt on Infantry Squad 1

Comment

Sweet kHan.. Count me In as a Grunt or Repair or whatever ya need.. Crazy 4th on a WED!! It's Un-American!!
                    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Alright guys, Koala I'll pencil you in as Air Element leader. Since you didn't explicitly you wanted to be a leader I'll leave you there unless someone else wants that job. Peardog, I might need you as the armor squad leader. Again like Koala, it's just a pencil in right now.

The spec ops squad might be converted to a sniper/recon group.

So unless we get anyone else who expressly wants to lead a group or be platoon leader, I'll take PL and send out PM's tomorrow.
                      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Barnaby in but no lead as still learning the ropes yet but..........
                        ok for ground grunt, point, medic, eng, air gunner black hawk, gunner abrams, gunner hummer & general factotum :D

Can you give me a heads up on the start time so I can get set here in the UK but I will still have to leave the party early as it's not a national holiday here:( We're aprox 5 hours ahead of you server time.

Thanks

Barnaby out
                        "I like a man who grins when he fights"
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

How does everybody feel about running this on Veteran mode? As long as most of us know how to read maps, I think this would be a fantastic night to try it out.

I would enjoy flying transport pilot the most, or ground pounding in Pfeil's Spec Ops squad and failing that a normal infantry squad.

Comment

Sleepdoc here,

I am prared to commit ot the session.

I can be a squad leader is one in needed, however I am equally ready to be a squad member. whatever is needed. Just please reply to my post and tell me where I am currently assigned.

Are we going to limt the size of the ground squads?

In other words, are we going to say that if a squad reaches 9, for example, a new squad has to be formed.

awaiting my orders.

finally, what is simplied by Jeon's idea of setting to "veteran". What changes are made by this? is this just that the AI are more aggressive or what?
                            Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

Yes, AI is more aggressive and accurate. Also, friendly and enemy units do not show up on the map. You have to use markers and smoke for choppers, and be able to read a map to know where you are to communicate your location to the chopper. Also, no names show up when you point your reticles at somebody. And I don't think there are reticles in veteran mode, only iron sights.

Can anybody think of any other changes?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X